CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Making Things Work


Standing in my kitchen, missing a few breaths, I looked at the mess created before me. In haste, things do get thrown, stashed and shoved for convenience. My disorganization  sometimes forces me to steal extra minutes to even get basic things done. Simple things like tying a ribbon onto cake boards can get frustrating, especially when the matching  ribbon could not be found in the piles of eighteen thousand others. ;o)

 I just needed one and for that one to resurface I had to ransack several decks of drawers. Sangat tidak mengujakan di umur yang sebegini.

So this had to stop and stopping means changing some ways of doing things and creating better avenues of self expression in different forms.

and I did this.


Reclaimed a container which was once used to store durians. Made slits using hot knife and arranged all the ribbons inside with a little, jutting out from the slits for future use. In this way, the ribbons will never get mixed and lost. It will always be in its slot and easily be seen for identification by the ribbon police.

taaa daaaa!
can you imagine there are eighteen thousand ribbons in here? cher kira cher kira.

Making things work prevents many mishaps and frustrations for a person who is devoid of patience like me. The other day, I was all pumped up to make Durian Crepe, yes this recipe crepes me out! but due to the missing types of flour I had to just make cream puff instead.

Durian Cream puff with fresh cream, durian, toasted almond flakes and a dust of icing sugar.
below is the basic cream puff recipe for your perusal taken from Joy Of  Baking

1/2 cup (65 grams) all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon granulated white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) (57 grams) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1/2 cup (120 ml) water
2 large eggs, lightly beaten

For directions please visit the site. There's a video to guide you through the process.

Hope it is not too late to wish everyone a Happy New Year. My resolution for this year is simple...

"Let's Make Things Work!

Check me out on Instagram for new cake updates. Add me wizwahid. See you there! 



5 treats:

jasmin said...

I nak tiru ur ribbon container la. so cool.

PatinPasta said...

Kak Wiz,
Happy to see you're back and baking :)

Am amazed on your DIY ribbon vault. Sungguh genius!

Durian crepe memang tengah hit sekarang ye?

Have requested to add you in instagram :D

And Happy new year to you dear Kak Wiz!

gentenaar said...

That is a great invention - for the ribbons = ) Happy New Year Wiz, I hope 2013 brings you much funfilled adventures both at home or outside
; )! Hugs xxx *Mush*

Wiz said...

Min,

Sila sila sila. Sgt berkesan dan stress free invention.


Aida,

It is so so so good to find you on instagram! I have left you many messages hehe.

Mush,

Happy New year Mush. You are gonna be famous soon! Can't wait.

K.Nor said...

idea yg sgt bagus tu wiz.. :)