CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

About Everything Else

Thanks so much Zurina!

Opah passed  away peacefully on the 26th Of April. She was 89. She was to me wanita melayu terakhir. The epitome of kelembutan, kecantikan luar dan dalam. Her cooking skills were unmatched and I wished I had learnt from her before she got sick. All her granddaughters  felt that way, I believe. But even if we did learn from her and some of us did try, I reckoned none would still come close to the perfection of her traditional cooking. Air tangan Opah, lenggok tangan dia, inimitable. She was a beautiful person. Hope to share stories about her one day.

I found myself writing less and less here as I was busy taking care of myself, something I have been neglecting  to do before this. I had this condition at the back of my head that needed prompt attention. Had to undergo an operation to remove all three of them. I was not able to leave the house as my whole head was  bandaged and to be seen would only invite endless stares. Didn't want to scare the kids. ;o).  I am still recuperating now nicely. The pain still persists and I can only sleep in certain positions for now. Alhamdulillah, I am feeling better and hope there will be no recurrences as this was actually the second operation. Like they say if it does not kill you, it will make you stronger.

Baking still continues on. But at times like this, I do apologize if I decline orders that require too much from me. Exertion is not prescribed by the doctor at the moment, hence the easy orders.

Thank you so much for still dropping by and checking out my page. I appreciate it.

Have a good time entertaining your kids this school break. And kids! be nice to each other k.

Thanks so much Na!

14 treats:

KG said...

cant wait to see you natalie portman!

Wiz said...

hahahaha, Natalie Portman la sangat.

Art lover, cinnamonworldofcolours said...

Aslmkm..
Do take care...

Mrs & Miss Vanilla said...

Take care n hv a speedy recovery...

Wiz said...

Walaikumsalam Art Lover and Murni, thanks so much for the wishes.

shas said...

dear kak wiz.. hope that you are recovering well.

btw, just to let u know that i love reading your blog.. when i first stumbled upon your blog, i read it from the very first post right to the very recent ones..

i heart your cakes and cupcakes.. very inspiring.

Wiz said...

Dearest Shas,

thanks for the wish and for your kind words. I am at the brink of quitting the blog actually but when I read your comment I had to think twice. Thank you thank you thank you thank you. You don't know how much that few lines meant to me. :o)

PatinPasta said...

Kak Wiz,
:( Sorry to hear that you've fallen ill. Sorry didn't know bout this earlier.

Glad to know that you're recovering. Yes, please do take care of yourself. Just push aside all the orders (even easy ones) for now. Just take a peaceful break, for you.

Take care my lovely Kak Wiz!

Sorry to hear bout your Opah. Al-Fatihah.

Wiz said...

Aida yang comel- hehe I don't think I can push aside the orders as my livelihood depends on them. Takut tak cukup budak2 tu nak ekolah and makan and I am being seriuos. After the operation with the bandage on lagi, I had to do 300 cupcakes and had to deliver them that night. I had to do them sebab orang tu dah bayar, so nak tak nak memang kena buat Aida. Lepas tu I collapsed on the bed for 2 days. Doakan kak wiz k, insyaAllah I will be ok. Thanks

Edi said...

Kak wiz!! I didnt know!! Oh my... Semoga cepat sembuh and take good care of yourself k.

Zatil said...

Dear kak wiz,

Owh, please dont quit! I love your work..it's exquisite and could never be seen else where.

I've been 'lepaking' here in silence for years now, and finally speaks out :)

Please dont quit baking, cake decorating & blogging.

Take care and wishes u strength & health.

van kordi said...

Get well quick wiz.

Wiz said...

Pak Kordi- trying. In the meantime let's get sugar high with all the pies. ;o)

edelweiss said...

Take care wiz :)