CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Elixir


Almost always at the end of the month when I look into my purse, there isn't much left for me. There is always enough to go around alhamdulillah, but not enough for me to buy myself a good set of skin care products. My sensitive mengada2 skin needs brands such as Seba Med or perhaps Clinique and I can't afford all those. I used to ignore the rashes and the itchiness after using the normal soaps but at times it became intolerable especially when your work got postponed just to attend to the scratching of your skin all over.

After much reading, I learnt that there is an inexpensive way to looking and feeling good. I have been using it for more than a year now and within that period of time I met friends who noticed the difference in my skin's texture. It is funny everytime when friends ask me if I was using any special brands like SKII or at least Olay Total Effects. And I don't know how to break it to them about my new skin care regime. It's because all I have sitting on my bathroom sink is this...


The Himalayan Rock Salt. This is what I use to substitute my soap, my cleanser and my scrub. I bathe in salt water, exfoliate my skin, cleanse my face and brush my teeth with it everyday. I have found this very comforting in ways that are befitting to my budget as well as to my sensitive skin. My kids use it too and it is as natural as natural can be. Other than that, I use rock salt for my cooking and cakes. It tastes so much better and the kids have also acquired the taste.


It is a remedy to a host of problems, internally and externally. Ladies should soak themselves with salt water and rub the salt around the fatty areas as it is believed to melt the fat away. It soothes your aches and and rids the negative energy simultaneously installs some positive ones. A lot can be said about this natural wonder and if you have the time do read up about it. Below are some of the benefits gathered from the internet.


The Himalayan Rock Salt that I use. A kilo is around RM5. Buy the unrefined, unbleached, pink salt available at any supermarket. The mineral content of Himalayan Rock Salt is more superior than Fleur de sel, the expensive gourmet version. For those like me who do not have much extra, this is just as good.


**************************************



Natural salt in general contains the minerals in the same proportions as the human body does. It is necessary for the normal functioning of the metabolism, the absorption of water, the electrical communication between the cells, and also for mineral nutrition.

Himalayan crystal rock salt is the cleanest salt available anywhere on the planet and contains all of the elements that are found in the human body. This salt is absolutely pristine and is identical to the ancient oceans, as it was dried up by the sun millions of years ago.

There are many benefits to Himalayan crystal rock salt. These include:

re-mineralising the body with 84 minerals and trace elements that are essential to good health
it assists in the cellular absorption of minerals
it replenishes the body’s electrolytes and balances the body’s pH
it brings about significant improvements in the respiratory, circulatory, and nervous systems
it improves the connective tissue in the organs


Himalayan Salt has a higher level of latent energy, which eventually will be transmitted to the water we bathe in, drink, or cook with.

When bathing, it also gives an antiseptic effect to the skin and reduces histamine that causes inflammation and itching sensation.

- Salt bath can be very efficient in eliminating the toxins of the body while enriching the skin with vital minerals.

Salt Benefits for gums and teeth

- Salt makes the perfect mouth wash - you can use it to rinse your mouth after brushing or even as a more natural tooth soap directly on the brush. Use it in a 1% salt brine.

Dry Salt naturally soothe allergies, asthma and congestion.

- By inhaling salt-infused air, you can calm, regenerate and flush the entire respiratory system for easier breathing. In Europe (mainly Eastern Europe), asthma sufferers are often treated in salt mines - the salt air kills airborne pollutants. Salt, in fact, has been known as the "the first antibiotic.

- It is effective as an inhaler, without the toxicity

- Crystal salt lamps naturally improve the quality of air we breathe by generating negative ions

Salt can also stop persistent dry cough and clear the lungs of mucus plugs and sticky phlegm, particularly in asthma, emphysema and cystic fibrosis sufferers.

- Put it on the tongue after drinking a glass or two of water.



***************************************

More information can be obtained here.

So Ida, I think I have given you the answer to my Elixir. I think you have a packet of it too. Now, all you have to do is use it.

18 treats:

pakkordi said...

rock memang best. :-)

KG said...

wiz, i love rock salt in my food...but this one, yes i must get xtra during lunch time...i also hv been using whatever soap there is in the bathroom to cleanse my face! and total effects afterwards!loves xox

Ida said...

okojotz.you caught me there :)

- azlin - said...

* Ladies should soak themselves with salt water and rub the salt around the fatty areas as it is believed to melt the fat away * and this is the reason why I am gonna go look for this ! hehehe


* It soothes your aches and and rids the negative energy simultaneously installs some positive ones * you should have given this to all of us masa organise family gathering hari tu ! muahahahaha...so kita boleh tabur sikit so 'get rid of negative energy' ! :P

Wiz said...

Pak Kordi- Yes Pak! terbaik.

Yanie- I used to ask friends to buy sea salt from over seas but since I pakai dgn byk setiap bulan, It was hard to replenish in time. The I read about the Himalayan rock salt and found this pakcik selling it at the pasar malam. So I tried it and it works as good. So happy sgt and have been using it ever since. xoxo

Art lover, cinnamonworldofcolours said...

Salam Wizz..

I blog walk alot..I sometimes dropped by yr place..and found very interesting about this salt. I have allergy. And so very interested to get this. If you don;t mind, where can I get it?

Wiz said...

Ida- Okojot pagi2 ni yer Cik Ida kekeke.

Kak Lin- I read about the fat melting part lama dah but tak terfikir le nak beli salt and nak lumur satu badan. But later when I found out about the Himalayan Rock Salt ni and tried it on my skin, memang skin tu jadi smooth k. But to melt my fats away, rasanya habih satu gunung Himalaya diperlukan untuk berbuat begitu.

Yes, should have packed it alongside the hotdog aritu kehkehkeh.

Wiz said...

Art lover- Walaikumsalam Warahmatullah. Yes I ahve many allergies too as you can read from my profile and it took me more than a year to publish this as I wanted to make sure it works. The salt can be obtained in places such as tesco and Carrefour. Kat pasar malam pun slalunya ada or at places where they sell those salt lamps. Do buy the salt lamps too as it purifies the energy in your house as well. What I find most effective is soaking in salt water. Just put segenggam of the salt in a basin of hot water(the degree of hot is up to you) and soak your bottom in it. It relieves internal itching, and cleanse the lower part effectively. I do not use soap now for bathing, I just scrub my skin with salt or bathe in salt water as it has antiseptic values. As a result no more itchiness for me and your skin becomes smother too. If you still can't find it write to me here k wizcakes@gmail.com will try to get it for you. Thanks

Edi said...

kak wiz,
i've been using this salt too.. tapi utk masak la... never use it for cleansing tho.. pasni nak try la.. my face dah penuh jerawat la.. *nanges*.. maybe it can prevent stretch marks too? hopefully!

thks for sharing! setahun punya research and try and error ni kan? terbaiklah!

Wiz said...

Hi Edi!, yes setahun punya research and self testing before berani put it up here. Good for you that you have been using this salt, try to buy the salt lamp too k as it calms the kids, tu yg I terbaca somewhere. Actually before this I use the pink salt sold at the pasar malam. tapi pakcik tu kekadang ada kekadang tak der. So masa pergi carrefour ternampak la this brand. I bought it to compare with the one yg I bought kat pasar malam tu, macam sama jer so saya pun beli yg kat carrefour tu jer senang nak stock up.

Yes I strongly recommend soaking your bottom half in salt water and insyaAllah masalah kewanitaan akan terubat. I look forward every evening to the ritual now as it is so therapeutic. The steam from the hot salt water tu will ease your respiratory problem and calms you down. And it also serves mcm facial steamer la jugak. Nanti try k edi. Miss you la!

Art lover, cinnamonworldofcolours said...

Salam..
Thanks Wizz, Insyallah I will try and get it in Carreforre.

Mrs & Miss Vanilla said...

So interesting... got to try this...
Thanks Wiz for the info. Tau dah lama tp sebab x de testimoni mcm x kuasa gitu. Skrg dah tau semangat berkobar2 pulak...

Wiz said...

Murni- I was contemplating too at first but had to give it a try sebab tk da option lain dah. I am glad I gave it a go sebab I am feeling much better. Kalau kaki suami dan anak2 lelaki anda berbau, sila rendam dgn garam ini juger k kekeke. Saya malu nak list down all the details in my post but it has helped me in more ways than one. Happy trying!

Jules said...

kami pun dok guna natural salts la these days, trying to be as natural and organic as possible. bila dah merasa sakit at this age ni kan, and then sembuh elok, alhamdulillah, so nak try lah supaya sihat tu berpanjangan, insyaAllah... seronok tengok awak pun dah byk posting now, ada tempat utk menenangkan mind n soul :)

Emma said...

I ammmm soooo gonna try this! kak whiz, kalau kat tesco ni bahagian mana di taruk salt ni? Pasar malam my area macam xder jer..i live at sg buloh area..suka nya all purpose thingy ni..and i do like to soak in warm salt water,usually do this masa dalam pantang sahaja.

Wiz said...

HI Emma, Kalau kat tesco tu kat bahagian garam. Tapi jarang nampak kat tesco. Try carrefour also kat bahagian garam. Dekat pasar malam not all ada. So best to buy kat hypermarket. Latest news, my husband dah tak der kelimumur dah and benjolan mcm cyst kat belakang dia dah kurang almost 80 percent. Dulu kena operate, now tak payah. We wash our hair by scrubbing salt onto the scalp first before cleaning it with shampoo. And scrub our skin with salt first and just rinse it. It is the healthiest range of skin care products and it is affordable. I am glad I can share this with all sebab ramai yang tau tapi mcm tak nak buat maybe sebab tak rasa kelebihan salt ni. Thanks for dropping by Emmma!

Emma said...

Thanks for reply! I baru jer up status kat fb few days ago..pasal kelemumur berkeping kat kepala..teruja sungguh ni..tu la nya macam x biasa nampak kat tesco bahagian garam, tu tanya kot la kat bahagian lampu (err logik ke) hihi..u jual la kak, i nak beli pretty plssss..i bangsa yg jarang sgt ke hypermarket ni.. I pun ada kinda bijik kat belakang badan..banyak betul kegunaan...best best

Wiz said...

Emma- I tak jual, but the thought is there to sell it on the internet. But was thinking sapa lah yang nak beli benda ruji yg senang didapati di merata2. Dan kebanyakan orang tak percaya sgt. Kak wiz jenis yang kalau boleh nak all natural. Kalau boleh nak beranak dalam bathtub kekeke tetapi suami tak izinkan. Anyway yes, it really works and to those scepticals, just try it first and believe in nature. Allah has created it for a purpose. I can help you buy. But you come and get it la k. I am in kajang. Kak wiz terus beli 2kg nak so that it lasts you longer. In a month my family uses around 3kg of salt! My kids pun pakai for mandi and scrub their body with it. No more allergies. Write to me here wizcakes@gmail.com and will give you my fon number.