CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 5, 2011

Weeeeeeeeeee

I have always been a slide person ever since I empowered my momentum to carry my weight in acceptable speed. I love slides at playgrounds and when I was younger I tried them all. My favourite would definitely be the ones at Taiping Lake Garden, yang dibuat daripada batu tu. They were wide and tall, many could slide down or roll down together holding hands if the kids wanted to. I had memorable, wonderful times with my sibblings and cousins there. And if I was to go back, I would still climb up the batu slide and weeeee down a couple of rounds before my husband realized I made it up there without his consent. Dia menjadi sangat pemalu orangnya apabila saya bertindak sebegitu. kehkehkeh

During those times, slides were just straight ones, mana ada yang spiral2 ni. I have always wanted to go down on one just to know how it feels. But my age does not permit me to do so, followed by my weight as well as my husband. I understand his plight every time I asked to go on a slide at any playgrounds with the kids, before I could say anything he would "...please la, awak dah besar la, and this is for kanak2 shj." Besar could be interpreted as besar dari segi size dan juga besar dari segi umur. He prefers to remain vague in this stance. Cis!

Anywayyyyyy...

the weekend before puasa, I managed to convince him to let me go down one a spiral slide after he saw it could carry my besar issue. I bought the ticket via Groupon days before and all of us were too excited to weeee down. I am such an addict to Groupon! They always offer irresistable deals which grant little people like me the experience to indulge in big places that I know I could not afford on any normal days.



I was quite skeptical at first. This IS the tallest slide in the world stretching 5 storeys high and 50 metres long. But after watching a few kids before our turn who went down very slowly in the tube on the green mat, I was ok with the thought of shooting down the confined alley. I was concerned because I had with me my handbag which equalled the size of a medium hand luggage with leftover food squashed inside. But the bro kat situ cakap, "...tak per makcik, boleh peluk kuat-kuat beg tu." Makcik? nasib baik tak pakai baju kurung, if not mesti dah kena panggil opah! another cis!

My kids went down first with my husband waiting at the other end. When it was my turn, the bro kat situ cakap "...untuk orang besar, kita bagi lagi best. Kita guna kain lapik lain, kain hitam." Before I could ask what difference it would make, the bro said ready? and he pushed me down. I held on to my bag and could not even scream for my life because it went like an orbing machine. Swoosh swooosh swooosh and I was terpelanting to the other end. The world went spinning on me for awhile. You are not advised to stand immediately, especially a makcik like me. It had me laughing after with my kids relating how fast we went and what fun we had. My husband too got on it and enjoyed the ride down. If it wasn't that expensive we would have probably gone on it 10 more times after the first try.




The other end. Waiting for the sight of my husband. I had this fear that he might choose to orb to some place else in this orb machine. lol!

If you would like to give this ride a try, make sure you go during the happy hour, much cheaper. If not it would cost you RM12 each. But thanks to Groupon, everyone in the family get to catch a ride in the tallest slide.
The Lex slide can be found at the Empire Shopping Gallery Subang Jaya.



What is Lex Slide?

The LeX Slide – First of its kind in Malaysia, the LeX Slide is a five-storey high and 50 metres long indoor structure. Fully customised, designed and built by German engineering technology and experts, it is digitally accessorised by LeX with audio speakers, Ipod docking system and digital cameras. LeX customers can take a joy ride on the slide and experience the state-of-the-art audio system for a 10-seconds escalated sensory escapade.

Taken from here.


Oh yeah, the kain hitam? You have got to try to know.

22 treats:

- azlin - said...

are you crazzzyyyyyy ?! orang kasi saya duit pun I wont get into that worm-like contraption !! Hishh..lemah semangat just looking at the thing..hehe..as for the 'makcik' name-calling..budak tu patutnya kena cili je..pas tu hantar ke eye-doctor to get his eyes checked ! muahaha..if awak 'makcik' saya ni...'onyang' lerrr...

Edi said...

makcik?? lol!

i pun nak try aritu tp nampak mcm horror je.. so x jadik.. thks for the review, pasni boleh try! my kids will be so excited!!

Wiz said...

Kak Lin- best la. Rasa nak naik lagi dan lagi. If only it was free. How la, memang dah makcik pun, nak buat macam mana. Budak2 tak panggil akak lagi dah. Nak kena tuka nama blog to "cerita seorang makcik" hahahhaha

Edi- Gooooo. Ok je la if you are into thrill rides. I am still before I will be called an opah. Ni makcik, boleh lagi la naik. Tapi for your kids maybe tak lepas height qualification dia kut. The kids need to be more than 110cm. I pun barely lepas kahkahkah.

mrs plain-june said...

wowweee!!! i can feel the adrenaline rush when you whoosh yrself down that spiral. if u love slides, i love swings :) i love to swing high.. up to 90degrees.. even now! tapi tak boleh buat depan anak! jadi ikutan naya! tak pasal cik abe marah sbb salah asuhan :p

Wiz said...

mrs plain-june- I love swings too so much so I hung one in my kitchen and swing from one end to another. In this way I can swing till my heart's desire sebab jauh drp pandangan orang ramai. Cik Abe tak boleh nak ckp apa dah. ngeeeee If only I an install a slide in my house, next to the staircase.

zue said...

Wiz, I think I'd give it a miss...can still recall my experience on the " kids slide" kat Blackpool ( zaman dolu dolu lah ), turun tu, pening and swore tak mau naik dah, itu yang kids punya, straight je, belum naik yang adult lagi....
as for the 'makcik', I share your feeling dear,hehe.... I got that sometimes too.......and hubby too, they called him'pakcik'haha.....takpalah sedar diri sikit......
thanx for sharing your sliding experience and this interesting piece of info.

Mrs & Miss Vanilla said...

Wow, I pulak yg rasa dap-dib-dup, berdebar2. Mau gugur jantung dibuatnya.

I should have meet up with you if I know that you were around the area...

Wiz said...

Zue- Ala tak takut la, best. Jom kita try sama2. I dont mind going on it again and again. Time dulu you kecik lagi tu sebab takut. Ni dah besar dh ala2 makcik so dh kuat dh sikit. kehkehkeh

Murni- You live around that area. If I tau, boleh jumpa and we can go on the slide together kan?

JulesMD said...

weeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! super fab! kena try lah nx time, tapi, will my butt fit?! if telekat kat tgh2 tu horror jugak kan? :)

Wiz said...

Jules- Can fit la, definitely. Tak denya tersekat2 sebab they use this black mat yg zero resistance yg tersgt licin, so you'll be flying down. But the kids, maybe esfahan jer yg boleh naik kut. You have to be 110cm at least. I pun barely lepas hahaha.

Ayu Safieza @ Humaira' said...

Owh my.....hi whiz.....gempak tol you ni....mmm nak itoooot!!!!

mush, brecht & nora said...

OMG Wiz, that looks like a whole lot of fun! i MUST try it if we are ever in the neighbourhood!!!! = ) *Mush*

Ida said...

wiz

homaigoat....idakler teman .... :)

Wiz said...

Ayu-Tak de nya gempak, lawan perasaan takut tu, so terjun jer hahaha/ Jom!

Mush- Yes do try. But if you are in the neighbourhood, ajakla I skali k.

Ida- Jom ida jom.

Mrs & Miss Vanilla said...

Yes I live in USJ tp mintak ampun lah Wiz, u naik slide tu sorang, I tunggu kat ujung, pas tu kita gi minum.....hahaha

Tina said...

we went last year... i went twice, the kids and their cousins 3 times (berulang-ulang)!! but tak takut laa and the ride was so fast, it was over before you knew it! i think i was expecting a roller-coaster ride punya thrill kot hehe..but it provided the fun and laughter we needed at that time!

Wiz said...

MUrni- Ok set!

Tina- HOnestly I tak sempat nak rasa apa2 pun sebab sibuk memegang my handbag takut the food tu spill on me. Sedor2 dah abis and penign jer? You went twice? bestnyer! We didn't have the funds to do that just yet. Once we have we will definitely go back.

Maizatul said...

Caya la k.wiz....rasa teruja plak baca review akak. (i still call u akak okay...)
agak2 gi masa posa ni advisable tak? kalau termuntah masa turun tu kira batal ke tak? sbb cam sengaja je memuntahkkan diri...
-mai

Wiz said...

Mai- Try la. Tak der nya muntah. It goes too fast for you to feel anything other than the normal few skips of the heartbeat. Kluar tunnel tu ada bakery, jual macs lagi. So lepas penin boleh terus ngap.

dura m. said...

kakak,

ada maksimum berat ke sape boleh naik? ehehe. tapi, still..serammmm okeiiiiiii!

M-O-M said...

OH EM GEE!!! I WILL NEVER!!! NEVER!!! NEVEEEEERRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

Wiz said...

Dura- Rasanya max 100kg kut. SO no worries premium beautiful people can slide down on this k.

Dian- Like they say never say never. Kira mcm terberanak la naik ni, but once out you will be reborn kehkehkeh.