CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 22, 2011

Kuih Raya Buat Mak Part IV



I was feeling a bit like the Incredibles family the other day. The resemblance is simply uncanny to describe. I felt I was suppressing my super powers, using it only to control my anger towards my super hero kids. I didn't want to create collateral damage from doing a good deed by spanking them, but sometimes this pear shaped super hero mum is forced to do what she hates to do.

The baking supply shop was brimming with people. I brought along my two super heroes to help me carry some of the heavy load. Adnin aka Dash is fast on his feet and is able to run from one end to another to grab as many bags of flour needed for the job. Iman aka Violet is most of the time invisible. She can tune herself out simultaneously generate spherical force fields to protect me when I am making my dangerous rounds at the busy shop. Errr, those were my thoughts when I saw these two characters and the way they were behaving then. Grrrr. As I was walking along the flour isle, my son dashed next to me knocking 2 bags of flour. Believe me, I so wished I had the power of Elastigirl and be able to stretch my hand to pinch the tush of my son! But he was too quick for his own good.

I picked them up hoping they would be the type of flour I wanted, semestinya tidak. One was tepung kentang and the other was tepung sagu. Argggghh.

I paid for them still, even though I didn't know what I should do with those two types I have never used. The thought of just pushing the two bags under the shelf did enter my mind for a split second though, ish ish ish. I know, saya rasa sungguh bersalah walaupun hanya berfikiran begitu untuk seketika.

Anyway, the tepung kentang or potato starch has been made to good use just now. I found a biscuit recipe which uses a lot of it in one mix.

It is a simple biscuit recipe, one which you can whip up in 2 minutes, I promise you, provided that you have the potato starch.

Here is the recipe folks! I changed some of the measurements to fit my liking. The original recipe can be obtained from the link below.

Swedish Potato Cookies
Taken from here



Ingredients

1 1/4 cups Potato Starch
250gm butter
1/2 cup Castor sugar
1 1/2 cups All-purpose Flour
A pinch of Salt
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract


Directions

1. Soften the butter
2. Add a pinch of salt and vanilla.
4. Add the sugar, stirring until thoroughly mixed.
5. Slowly add the flours while stirring.
6. Gently but thoroughly mix the ingredients by kneading or mixing.
7. Preheat the oven to 170 Celcius.
8. Pipe the dough onto a lined baking tray.
9. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.

I used this nozzle to pipe the soft dough. You can also roll it and refrigerate it and later slice the dough just like the original recipe indicated.

The piped dough.


These cookies are buttery and crunchy and yet simple enough to make. You can turn them into colourful morsels or sprinkle some sugars on them but I like them just the way they are.


The tepung sagu? Saya masih ragu-ragu. ;o)

11 treats:

Muna said...

Salam dearest Wiz,
What a fantastic coincidence! I just made a batch of these delicious cookies.
Selamat berpuasa.
xoxo

Wiz said...

Muna- We indeed connected then. I perasan macam you minus your good looks of course, cooking and baking in a temperate country overlooking a beautiful garden. Miss you Muna!!! where have you been?

Muna said...

Miss you too, Wiz!!
I'm quietly floating in cyberspace, avoiding too many ripples.
Anyways, weather in Aberdeen is getting to me... its just so wet and gloomy...I need some serious cheering up :)
xoxo

Wiz said...

Muna- WHen I look at all those mouth watering dishes you put up, that cheer me up. I hope for you to know what cheers me up would cheer you up as well.

Jgn dengar lagu raya lagi, nanti lagi sedih. Lagu raya gets to me everytime.

Ida said...

wiz

apasal i tak penah jumpa pon cookies ni kat sana?oh that's right, over there sure namanya hanya plain potato cookies :)

Mary said...

I loved to here about your super heroes and the shopping expedition. Your cookies sound really great. This was my first visit to your blog but it will not be my last. You've created a lovely spot for your readers to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Wiz said...

Da- jap ek, i tanya one Swedish guy I know on facebook about the cookie ;o)

K.Nor said...

salam wiz.. funny betul ya kaedah nak makan tart nenas tu.. hehe

wiz pesan jgn makan tart nenas kan sbb tak mo bg weight gain.. tp tart nenas la kukis yg paling best.. huhu.. tak leh tahan dr nak ngap. lepas satu satu masuk mulut... ermmmmm.. nikmat!! hehe

Lisa H. said...

Wiz,
Nice Swedish potato cookies...

Selamat Hari Raya buat Wiz and family... Drive carefully bila balik kampung...

Wiz said...

Mary- Thank you for dropping by. Your words made my day!

Wiz said...

Kak Nor- Jangan kak nor. Sedap nya hanya untuk seketika TETAPI lebihan lemak yg ditinggalkan seperti selamanya. kehkehkeh

Lisa- Selamat Hari Raya to you too Lisa!