CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 26, 2011

Kuih Raya Buat Mak Final Part



If you have followed me and have been baking together, you would have yourself a container of egg whites from the tart recipe. I have been making a lot of tarts lately and have gathered a basin full of egg whites. No, I am not going to whip macarons, it is a feat frivolous to attempt on my part. However, I will do something much simpler and more delicious than any macarons tower put together mwahahahahaha...yer saya ialah pemusnah impian macaron anda sebab saya tak reti2 nak buat.

I adapted the recipe from Allrecipe, reduced lots of sugar, sebab ini kuih untuk mak saya, put lots of almond sebab ini juga kuih untuk ayah saya and chuck cups of chocolate chips sebab ini kuih untuk anak-anak saya juger. Below is the easy peasy recipe, click on the link for the original one.

Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies
adapted from here


4 egg whites
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
1 cup cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup of crushed sliced almond
1 cup of dessicated coconut

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 150 degrees C.
2.In a medium bowl, whip egg whites to soft peaks. Gradually add the sugar, vinegar and vanilla while whipping to stiff peaks. Fold in chocolate chips.




This is how a stiff peak looks like.

Drop by spoonfuls onto the prepared moulds.



3. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until cookies are brown dry.


The texture is crunchy outside and a little bit chewy inside. I love the light texture and the many surprises inside. You will be munching on the melted chips, the crunchy almond and the flavourful coconut. I had 20+++ of these last night and at that point I am sure I would gain all my weight back. shrug. Inilah pengorbanan seorang pembuat kuih, kami terpaksa lupakan bentuk badan yg menarik semata2 untuk menghasilkan kuih2 yang menarik lagi sedap kehkehkeh.

6 treats:

KG said...

wiz...yup that stiff peaks you need for macaron!go whip some!

Wiz said...

Yanie- ermmmm tak nak! ;P

Mrs & Miss Vanilla said...

hahaha Wiz, I couldn't agree more about the pengorbanan seorang pembuat kuih. Really make me grow sideways, not for some people though...

Murni

Wiz said...

urni- pengorbanan besar tu, literally!

Sumaiyyah said...

It looks yummy! And sounds easy though bila part2 whip putih telur ni saya takut sikit... but if I ever find some unused egg whites on hand, boleh la try but ni...

Sumaiyyah said...

Kak Wiz, I can well understand why you gulped down 20... I finished off half a tray after making these! Thanks for the recipe, sedap...hehe