CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 8, 2011

These Shoes Are Made For Walking

Thanks so much Nina!


I don't normally put on proper footwear when I go out. It has always been those comfy rubber shoes wherever, whenever. My feet are those that are hard to please. The size is quirky and the shape is archy, walking can be an arduous affair for two feet stuck in the wrong walking compartments. But when I find one that fits and pleases I tend to not wear them as often for fear of them wearing out too soon on me.

Yes, that is the daily confrontation of my soulful feet.

I am going to be very honest with you. I have only 3 pairs of shoes. One is an orange original crocs bought at only 3 pounds,(orange because that's the only colour left) another is a pair of running shoes cum travelling shoes and the last pair is kasut in which I wear my baju kurung with, a proper looking slippers with heels which have graced the last 5 rayas. That's about it. In a shoe cabinet in any households where the mum's shoes should dominate the shelving space is unlikely the case here.

Buying shoes is an emotional affair for me everytime. I don't get the liberty to choose a design that I like, it all depends on the pattern which has my size. And when I am lucky to find one that speaks to the heart, I get emotional the second time when the shoes are all worn out with my husband begging to throw them away. Sedih.

Anyway, I know I will be engulfed with emotions soon enough with these pair of shoes. They are my prized possessions at the moment, a companion during my travels and a comfort during my sole searching. I have been putting them on more now as I need them in my rounds at this lake. Kunun2 nya nak mengecikkan apa2 yang besar la, so kena la jalan lebih sikit.
;o)




Shoes are made for walking pun kan. So walking I am now.




7 treats:

Ayu Safieza @ Humaira' said...

Whiz,...owh it is ok dear....I am too, having horrible time when it comes to buying shoes, makan tahuuun la kalu beli...the color n the comfort..the patterns not really troubles me...and it end up me having only one cover shoes and 2 aerobics shoes yang dah makan 3 tahun woooo....muahahhha....

Good that u do make full use of the shoes....err...mmg nampak comfort pun that shoes..owh black is my fav color la..:)

...I ada kawan yang ada 2 cabinets of shoes...yg she managed to wear them 2-3 only....alahai...rugi....

I told her, "With this setambun of kasut, err..kalu u xnak donate, then you shud go and find yourself 2 more pairs of feet.....:P LOL!!!!"

Good we made full use of everything....

Don't be sad sis....I wish yo happiness and "sweetness" as good as, the way u do to sweet your cakes...mmm yummmeh!!!;)

jasmin said...

3 pairs? U r a champion Wiz.
Come to think of it I probably need just 3 jugak; work, decent sandle for jalan2 n seliper pasar. Running shoe x pakai pun though that should be critical. Hmmmm yg lain2 tu harus kena donate la nampaknye...

Wiz said...

Ayu- Sedih because I know it would take a while to find another good pair. Susah with my size ni. I am not trying to deprive myself, the truth is shoes that fit are difficult to find. It's good to have many shoes especially when you go out to the office and jalan2. You can pair them with your baju. That's only normal.

Min- Champion of the least shoes? Am not trying to be a champ in that category, I'd rather have loads of shoes, I like shoes but shoes don't like me.

You need to have many shoes, in fact all working women should actually. So feel good about them. If you have them, flaunt them!

Aza/Rin/Na said...

rin gantung 'stilleto' long time ago wiz...:-) now i am happy with my sandle or kasut 'makcik2'.... hehehe but still look presentable at kenduri kahwin la....

mrs plain-june said...

and i thought i am among the women who has very few shoes! you beat me to that sis ;)
this morning i open up our shoe cabinet and my children asked.. kenapa kasut umi lagi sikit drp kasut abah? i have 3 (not including the sandal outside) and my hubby have 6pairs (and 2 seliper jepung)!

Wiz said...

Aza- You once had a 'stilleto' o wow. I don't think I can walk more than two steps with those. I am lousy at balancing my walk. Kalau tak pakai heels pun selalu jatuh, apakan lagi kalau pakai.

Hey kasut makcik2 in trend sekarang apa?hehehehe

Wiz said...

Mrs June- O it feels good to know ada ladies yg tak byk kasut. I would love to have more than I have now so that tak la segan bila kengkawan ajak keluar. Asik2 itu jer kan. I have three yes, and if I do not want to spoil my shoes, I would wear my daughter's shoes which are bigger than mine, out to do my errands. Shoes and I don't get along well.

But you have all the reasons to go out and buys shoes now and you can always bring up the argument with your hsbd, "kasut you lagi byk drp kasut I tau!" heeeeeeeeeeeee

I need go start look for good shoes for Raya this year. I think people dh perasan it's the same old one year in and year out. Nampak sgt saya tak selalu pakai baju kurung. Setahun sekali jer hahahah tu sebab kasut tahan sampai 5 tahun.