CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Down And Troubled

Thanks so much Mazyu!

Slowly in the pace of these jaded feet, I learn that things are not as idyllic as they appear on the shiny surface. It isn't sugar and spice, and all things nice for someone who is invariably immersed in the sweetness of her wares. There's a lot more that meets the eye. But no matter how hard a day is for me, I know I always have a piece of leftover cake to savour at the end of it all. But for some of my friends, a piece of cake isn't exactly a piece of cake.

To my dearest friend who is reading me all the way from Down Under, this song is for you. You know that all you gotta do is call.

This is also to Yanie, and Maizura. I'll race you in Central Park! Better keep up with me girls!


You've Got A Friend

When you're down and troubled
And you need a helping hand
And nothing, nothing is going right
Close your eyes and think of me
And soon I will be there
To brighten up even your darkest night

You just call out my name
And you know wherever I am
I'll come running to see you again
Winter, spring, summer or fall
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there
You've got a friend

If the sky above you
Should turn dark and full of clouds
And that old north wind should begin to blow
Keep your head together
And call my name out loud
Soon I'll be knocking upon your door

You just call out my name
And you know wherever I am
I'll come running to see you
Winter, spring, summer or fall
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there

Ain't it good to know that you've got a friend
When people can be so cold
They'll hurt you, and desert you
And take your soul if you let them
Oh, but don't you let them

You just call out my name
And you know wherever I am
I'll come running to see you again
Winter, spring, summer or fall
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there
You've got a friend











Thanks so much Suzana!

9 treats:

KG said...

yes, this world, esp the baking world is not as nice and sweet and pretty as the cakes and macarons look like kan...tq my friend...am in tears reading this and the poem....yeah let's look forward to central park and the tall buildings and sephora and sprinkles cupcakes!

- azlin - said...

Ija, I hope you dont mind but I'm gonna copy and paste lyrics ni for a friend of mine..you know who I'm talking about.

Wiz said...

Yanie- It's not. I know you are feeling the pinch. But again it is just a pinch ok. Sikit jer. hang in there.

Kak Lin, put this song on her FB wall.

We have learnt a few things about this world kan kak Lin. No matter how sempit we feel this world is, it is just a place we pass through only once and if possible we want to be with good friends all around. I know you have one good one and she soooo needs you right now. Hugs for both of you.

firahadifa said...

hi kak wiz , lamanya x makan kek akak ... rase cam nak capai je 1 cupcakes kat atas tue..

balik raya nanti sy nk order kek ye ...nk kek paling sedap yg akak penah buat utk mak buyung ni..

owh ! im craving !!!

Wiz said...

Afidah- InsyaAllah for raya you will have my cakes k. Sian dia, hang in there, sikit jer lagi.

Edi said...

kak wiz, sugar and spice and everything nice only appears in movies.. real life is a different ball game altogether. i know u already know this, u're so much wiser and sweeter.. but in times of troubles, u'll know who your true friends are, one who cries with you beside you or beside your facebook page! that's the beauty of it.
*hugs*

Little Flower Pot and Gifts said...

kak wiz..thanks for the cake!! semua org suka sgt2 and the mermaid is resting peacefully in the fridge, fully guarded by the owner hehe..
will order more from u soon.. insyaAllah :)

Wan said...

kak wiz, u r one strong lady :)

Wiz said...

Edi- YOu are not only a butter cream genius, but also genius of all sorts! Muahs.

Suzana- I am happy to know the mermaid herself approved of the replica of her and is guarding it with full security hahahaha. cuteness la anak sedara awak ni. Hope she likes the toys!

Wan- We are all strong, as strong as the challenges given to us. Thanks so much for dropping by Wan.