CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Life's A Mac!

When you are in good company, the heat of the Sunday sun becomes almost bearable. There was abundance of laughter all around despite having to give our attention to the teacher who was trying to steal our focus that day. She was a generous host with endless of knowledge and experience to share with the rest of us the Macabees and of course we loved her for that. But deep in our hearts I believed the laughter was to hide our anxieties to attempt the Mac. As easy as it may look, there was still the possibility of the macarons turning into amaretti biscuits and I have been there and done that...once. After the first failure, my egg whites became too precious for anymore of the Mac attempts. But Yani convinced me otherwise. She is a living proof that doing the macs is as easy as 1,2,3 if not a,b,c.

Cikgu Yanie showing how a hard peak should look like.



We were armed with colourful spatulas, courtesy of our sweet teacher.



And so, that eventful Sunday all 6 of us Edi, Zura, Lyein, Putri, Mai and yours truly made a date with the Mac Master to learn the tricks of the trade, the proper techniques of handling meringue and making pretty skirts in the oven.


After the demonstration by our Master Chef, each one of us had to take turns to equally produce the same results. I volunteered to go first as I needed to leave early to deliver a cake later in the afternoon. I was going Mississippi 1...2...3 all the way folks and of course I haaaaaad to have the colour of the macs to match my baju, like?!?!?



Edi happily whisking away! weeee


In between the airing and the baking of the macs, kami telah dihiburkan oleh ahli2 muzik proffesional, Putri dan Zura. They serenaded us with their own renditions of Sheila Majid's songs. ...saya suka! I don't have many pictures to share but there are some fantastic shots from Edi in her blog.


I would like to thank Yani, Edi, Zura, Lyein, Putri and Mai for a wonderful afternoon. I wished I could stay longer and devour Yani's out of this world nasi lemak for the second round and chit chat with all the beautiful ladies but unfortunately I had to make my exit for a cake delivery. It was nice meeting all of you and hope to catch up on your Mac adventures real soon.


As I sit here today, in front of a bowlful of macs from the class, my mind started to wonder if I could repeat the perfect outcome of these colourful morsels sans teacher, sans friends, sans cheer.


Let me down this moment first with a mug of tea and a bowl of macarons. ;o)


macs by wiz




16 treats:

fiza said...

YES u can...!!! Go on Kak Wiz, make colourful pretty skirts..! i want to see.....yeay.. ;-)

Oven Gigs said...

make sure they are still there when i come nanti...save me some!! cream apa?

lyein@sikudus said...

pasneh saya nak g kelas kak whiz plak...

-lyein-

M-O-M said...

che'gu...nanti leh wat class macaroons pulak ye...nanti saya n shelly daftar awal2...:)

Wiz said...

Fiza- hehehee tgh cari mod ni and people to makan the macs or the amaretti biscuits. I don't think I can take too much sugar already. Got a scare from a test result saying that my fat and sugar content were high. But keep on cheering for me though. Thanks

Ovengigs - errrrm tinggal lagi satu jer la. Soweeeee. I will make some more. And lagi pun you are on a DIET!

Lyein- Yes sure, next time it will be my class k!

Dian- Set! Tunggu kak wiz buat tests byk2 kali dulu k.

Maizatul said...

Mississippi 1,Mississippi 2,Mississippi 3...i need to practice that well...lama2 terbelit lidah and I lost count hehehehe....
I was so happy to finally meet you in person, rasa cam jumpa artis...sib baik tak ambil autograph je...hehehe....

Wiz said...

Mai- Happy to meet you too Mai! Mcm artist? itu blum tgk kak wiz pakai dress bling bling and duduk herot kat krusi ditepi piano lagi. Sib baik balik awal if not!!!!!

Ayu Safieza said...

Wiz....congrats on the macs done!! Gud job....owh....I love pink n purple too....:)

Mrs & Miss Vanilla said...

Couldn't agree more with yr choice of colour to match the baju you're wearing. I would have done the same... hahaha Happy Macarooning :)

KG said...

woot woot!!....am so happy for you!

PatinPasta said...

Kak Wiz,
Ohhhh.. tell me you did not! Waaaaaa sungguh jeles hati ku ini tau! Hehe!

Saya dah lama belek resipi Macs (nyaris nak rebus resipi dan minum jek) tapi tak tercapai seru lagi (takut sebenornye). Nanti buleh la Kak Wiz kasi tips camno, kan? (kalo buleh la, no hal)

Congrats to your beautiful Macs! *clap clap clap!*

Wiz said...

Ayu- Honestly saya tak pernah suka pink. Tapi dah tua2 ni kena la pakai kaler2 yg lembut sikit baru la matching dgn umur.;o)

Murni- Kan? Saya masih tahap experimenting lagi ni. Takut tak dpt the same result. Tak per tunggu time relax2 dulu baru nak try. Alasan sebenarnya!

Yani- Don't be happy yet. I ahven't repeated the same outcome on my own lagi ni. Haih.

Aida- Idea bagus tu untuk rebus resepi dan minum. Mungkin itu akan memberikan tenaga luar biasa untuk menghasilkan macs yang bermutu dan cantik! ;o)

Tina said...

Yeay!! i was looking for your macs in Yani's and Edi's blog tapi tak dak!! lovely macarons..and what a lovely color!!

Edi said...

kak wiz! it was nice meeting you! :) dah try buat lg skali?

Wiz said...

Tina- Saya ni masih hampeh bab Macs ni. YOu girls are soooo good.

Edi- Jgn la tanya soalan yg menyiksakan jiwa dan raga itu Edi.

LifeBloom said...

Fellow Macabee - love your post - a beautiful capturing of essence - and am in NO doubt of your capability to turn out a repeat performance - even better than the mauve macs I shall venture!