CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Street Before Wisteria

I once lived on a street very familiar to everyone else in this world. Friends were aplenty then and never once we questioned the colours of our skin. It didn't matter whether you were blue, red, orange, brown, green or whether you were grumpy, happy or funny. You could also be in many sizes: petite, small, tiny, big, tall, huge and still be accepted to play and be the person that you are. Each and everyone who treads on the street is special.


I sang and twirled and believed there was only good in this world. I think I might have seen you, yes you, on the very street. You were there, weren't you? I remember, you had those two pony tails and your hair was always braided, sometimes neatly but at other times messy. You sometimes forgot to take your bath and ran along with the others.

Do you know how I knew?



...because I was always there in my pyjamas too!


Thanks so much Farah and Fadya!

10 treats:

Ayu Safieza said...

I am not that fair, not that tall and not that skinny...not that special i guess..but I can be fun to be with...:)

Try me.....wud u let me be one of your friend on this new "street"?

;) I used to main pondok2 depan rumah nenek I everytime kami balik kg, and I selalu jadi mak-mak yang duduk bawah rumah masak tanah liat....weheheheheeeee.....

Wiz said...

Ayu, it was you! Yes you!

zue said...

Those words and those cakes, I can see that they are written and made with TLC......would love to be in the same street as you Wiz....

PatinPasta said...

Kak Wiz,
Alahai.. kiut cakes! Kalo my nieces tengok.. mesti derang tak kasik sentuh langsung. :)

Agree with what you've said, despite our colors, sizes, regions and religions.. at the end, we were once those lil kids gigling over the same funny simple things. We should always be those lil kids at heart :)

Muna said...

sesame street... brings back memories. Of course my street was way back in the 70s... afro lagi...

my favourite song was Ernie's Imagine That, 'cos I kuat berangan :)

xox

Wiz said...

Zue- The point I as trying to make was that we all were from the same street as I belive everyone was a sesame street's kids once in their life. I am sure you were there too at certain time of the day waiting for the show to appear on tele.

Aida- kan? we once had that thought, but as we grow older everything changed drastically.

Wiz said...

Muna- I always identify myself as grover, don't know why. He isn't as famous as the rest though. I like Ernie but he is kinda irritating sometimes hahahaha. You even have a favourite song lagi? Waaaaaaaaaa. Eh sekarang the afros are back ok. Kat msia ni ramai artist yg dag spot the sfro style.

Muna, look what dreaming has awarded you with? lots of travelling and great living ok! siapa kata berangan tu tak bagus lol!

Edi said...

Kak wiz,
brilliant design!

RosesArePurple said...

How much this one dear?

Wiz said...

Salam RosesArePurple, the first cake is RM120 the second cake is RM230.

Thanks