CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 4, 2011

Simple Things

Thanks so much Ida Rosario!


I was in the company of professional women one day, dressed in my best. Definition of "best" would perhaps be understood as ordinary plain Jane to many others but to me, best is more of an internal thing, as to how I am feeling. Whilst exchanging our life's adventures, I saw one of them peering to look at the brand of my handbag. They didn't look at my shoes though, as it was clearly seen from afar, the croc like version of comfort. I didn't try to hide the brand less wares I had on me, in fact I took time to tell them I got the handbag from my mum's closet. When my phone beeped a sound, I saw them checking it out. No, it wasn't the Blackberry, neither was it the iphone or some gadget filled application handphone. It's just the basic Nokia with the black and white wall. The one I can't take pictures with, send or receive mms. Itu pun, the kids could still pick a fight on who gets to play snake on my handphone!

I live within my means, amongst simple things which have probably gone obsolete to some people. My kids too are made to live the same way, sans PlayStation, electronic games and astro. I want them to engage more on games that we used to play when we were kids, games that made us run, jump, sweat and laugh at each other's silliness. Games that did not cost so much. They know I don't have much to spend and I am thankful that they never asked for things their friends have.

We don't have much, but we do have these though...

Our exercise machines. We also turned the dining table into ping pong table and play many rounds of this game when we are not eating there, of course.

The Dart. The place where we hope and try to aim for better things on daily basis.

The old fashioned game of Carom. The room would turn wangi as many splashes of bedak would be used to ensure smoothness of the game. It's the same place where we play board games and cards.

My handphone cum favourite snake game yang menjadi rebutan, haih.


The fav place in the kitchen, where the kids and I swing our woes away.

Happy Friday folks and enjoy your weekend!

19 treats:

KG said...

i love you for your simplicity and trying to become one, too!happy wekend wiz, if you are around the corner, meh borak k!

Wiz said...

Yani- Thanks but I don't try to become one la. Like I said I live within my means and buy stuff that I can afford. Trying to become one means I have the resources but sengaja tak nak beli...ooo noooo. I am a person who tries to make the best the things that she has. That's all. Insyaallah if I ada hantar kek to your side of the world, you know I'd always drop by kan?

Rin said...

...we are just the same wiz...be at our best not at others expectation..:-) SALAM JUMAAT TOO :-)

LifeBloom said...

Love this post and I love the games carrom, ping pong...but the swing tu I rasa tak de - mahu patah pintu dapur if it was lil ol me haha..what a wonderful gift you are giving them dear :D...They are very lucky indeed...

tina_bakes said...

where's the 'like' button for me to click on??

like this post a lot. cakenya apatah lagi! :)

Wiz said...

Rin- I always fail at trying to impress. So I'd just be myself and hope people would like me for who I am. Have a beautiful weekend!

Mai- Is that how you spell carrom? I pakai hentam jer, nasib baik I tak tulis Karem ker kan.

I like to see the kids play against each other doing lots of physical movements, like we used to, you know. I have to bring the outside inside as it is not safe to allow them to go out and play anymore. I have to make the house as their playground. We play together and become each other's friends.

Don't worry Mai, boyan tu kan boleh carry weight up to 150kg. I don't think you weigh that much. I swing myself to the state of oblivion when I can't shake my woes away hahaha. It feels good to swing like a child and fight with the kids who should go on next.

Tina- tu la tak der like button kan. I pun terbiasa jer nak menekan like button tu kekadang...over le tu! Thanks for dropping by.

KG said...

wiz...i ni bengong betol...i wanted to say tt i also want to become one, like you hehe

Wiz said...

Yani- Bengong Mashyuk tak per, jgn bengong kosong kahkahkah. YOu must have overworked yourself la tu haiya. Anyway it is not at all about trying to become one. If you have it, spend it but like me if you don't be happy and make the best of the little things you have. I think in our religion pun ckp to spend or live within our means. If duitnya byk, tak baik perbelanjaannya macam org yg tak berduit. Yg salahnya bila kita tak berduit tapi belanja mcm orang ada duit. Itu yg tak match tu kan.

zue said...

love carrom,Wiz, my fav masa budak2 dulu, besides main galah panjang, batu sembang? congkak, main masak2, panjat2 pokok, that's me. very the outdoor, dolu2 mana ada PSP ke NDS ke, TV pun black and white, but frankly I do love my childhood and sometimes I do wish that we could go back to the old days and ways, so easy going, pegi mengaji Quran beramai2, tak takut kena kidnap ke, kena kacau ke, happy je....

Wiz said...

Zue- rasanya masa dulu2 tak da sapa pun nak kidnap anak orang sebab anak sniri pun ramai nak jaga lol! Yes susah nak bagi budak skrg ni kluar main kat luar. Masa dulu mana ada mcm tu kan. Mak jerit masa maghrib baru terkedek2 nak balik.

Ayu Safieza said...

Wiz...u sounded so like me...wehehe....finally jumpa gak yg mcm aiii.....:)

There was one day, I met my school mate and masa tukar2 no hp, she rolled he eyes seeing my blackberry yang bukan mcm dia punye but mcm aii funyer....yes it is black nokia yang still got snake game in n yang bila blackout tuuuuu ada torchlight.....the most I love about the hp.....wakakakakaka......I think my hp series tu...lama sket kot....emak kepada hp wiz rase2nye...hik3....siap screen yellow colour u....

But still get me connected Msia-Qatar....daily...


And...I love...shaking!!!! Ahaaaaaa...oooo..... Ahaaaaaaaaa...oooo...ahaaaaaaaa....

Wiz said...

Ayu- wakakakaka, hey, feature torchlight tu yang menarik perhatian I tu k! Bila tak der api jer, bangga buka torchlight handphone tunjuk kat hsbd and say awak punya fon ade kerrrr? hahahaha. Boring jer dia. My fon pun like yours dulu but dah 1000 kali jatuh so terpaksa beli lain. nak beli yg sama orang kedai tu gelak jer sebab dh phased out. Nokia tatak buat ini model lagi la kakak. So beli la yg canggih sikit. Canggih2 pun still category bibik2 msia yang pakai. Apa2 pun alhamdulillah, syukur ada jugak hdphone.

kat Qatar tak leh goyang lebih2 sgt Ayu!

JulesMD said...

saya sangat sangat suka kek ni wiz! sangat sangat suka! love flowers mcm ni...sangat sangat suka :)

Wiz said...

Jules- Saya sgt suka yang awak suka, sgt sgt suka! Thanks!

firahadifa said...

kak wiz , hp kite sama arrr :)

Wiz said...

Fidah- Mai calit sikit hehehe.

Feiruzie Suhana said...

Wiz - you can calit with ma maid too 'm afraid! :p

Eine Frau aus Botnang said...

Kak Wiz dear, I just adore your humbleness!

HUGSSSS!!!

Wiz said...

Fasha!!!! How have you been? rasa risau plak tgk you less in this space. Hope everything is goin fine with you and family there.

This isn't being humble Fasha, this is being accepting and making the best of things. Of course as human we naturally want more than we can have kan. I tell my kids I want a lot of things too, when they can't have their astro, but I don't get all that I want. Just want them to be thankful and to remind myself to be thankful always.

I am for one thankful for meeting you! ;o)