CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Butterscotch Walnut Bundt Cake

I had a little bit extra of everything the other day, the eggs, the milk, the flour, the brown sugar and the most important ingredient of all, that big uncontrolled appetite! The mouth is always craving for new tastes and the will power is always caving in to creating mouth watering treats and with all the right combinations in hand, a recipe is born. That's how things happen in the kitchen, I reckon.

If I were to write a cake book, I would certainly include this recipe below. A hearty mix of spring and autumn served on a summery plate, a few slices of this would send you to hibernate soundly in winter months! It's just the way I felt when I was doing this, neglecting the fact that it is always summer here, on this part of the world. ;o)

Before I missed to remember the measurements of the ingredients, here it is for your reference and for my keeps.



Butterscotch Walnut Bundt Cake

180gm of Vegetable oil,

120gm of packed brown sugar,

3 egg yolks

1 whole egg

1 tablespoon of golden syrup

1 tablespoon of black treacle

1/4 cup of Low fat milk


1 cup of toasted walnuts (half cup to be included in the batter and another half to be sprinkled onto the cake later)


A Tablespoon of each.

120gm of this.


Mix all the wet ingredients until light and fluffy.

In another bowl,

sift 180gm of all purpose flour with

1 Tablespoon of Baking powder and

1/3 teaspoon of salt.

Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet one and mix until the batter is smooth. Lastly, put half cup of toasted walnut into the batter.

I baked mine in a bundt pan at 175 Celsius for about 30 minutes.

The cake is not sweet, therefore to add a little bit of pleasure, do whip up the butterscotch sauce below.

Whilst cooling the cake, prepare the butterscotch sauce.

Go here for the recipe.

Pour the butterscotch sauce onto the cake and lastly sprinkle some toasted walnuts or any of your favourite nuts on top.

And if you are like my sister in law, pregnant and needs the Extra calories to cushion her baby, do have this with vanilla ice cream and with Extra drizzle of the sauce.


Linda, I am eating this with all the extras on your behalf!


14 treats:

Oven Gigs said...

sedap ke? aih...saje je tau....

Wiz said...

Sedap. The texture is a little different from what we are used to. The inexplicability makes you want to pop one bite after another just to figure it out. Azam likes it so much. I love butterscotch, sos I like la this combo,

Muna said...

Yummy!! :)

Edi said...

gulp *telan air liur*

- azlin - said...

This is sangatlahhhhhh sedap ! and sangatlah 'bad' for us !! hehe.. With the ice-cream..it becomes HEAVEN on EARTH !

Miaw MM said...

looks so yummy.. Ida, if awak nak kepastian sedap ke tidak..why not u make one..then saya p rumah awak ambik skit...good idea kan..heeee

Wiz said...

Muna- It was.

Edi- Nah extra tisu to wipe the drool off your face hehehehe. Buat la senang gils.

Linda - Cadangan yg baik.

Kak Lin - The butterscotch tu that made the cake decadent. Without it it is not a sweet cake at all. Maybe you can opt the sauce to lessen the guilt...NOT!

R&R Family in Germany said...

Tak payah rasa, tengok pun dah tau kek ni mesti sedap. Kalau rasa, tak boleh stop eating. I love anything butterscotch too. Tapi kat sini tak der black treacle and golden syrup. What can I substitute them with? I'll be trying out your soya-based choc pudding-cake tonite sebab ada balance silky tofu dlm fridge after making ChuChore semalam...he..he...sungguh tak sabar.

Wiz said...

Kakyong, try using maple syrup or honey or combination of the two. I think I prefer maple syrup kut. And what works better with maple syrup is definitely Pecans. So try making them with pecans k.

The tofu cake tu, sgt2 bahaya. I ate so many!!!!! and make sure you pour the ganache while the cake is still hot tau and then chill it in the fridge. The ganache tu use low fat milk je, cut the guilt by half hahahaha, ye la tu.

JulesMD said...

wiz, i ingat citer 'my big fat greek wedding' :)

PatinPasta said...

Kak Ija,
Ahaks! Kita dah tau nama dia (hasil skodeng dari blog Kak Fina :D). Hehe!

Buat jiwa tak menentu jek tau.. dok baca satu persatu your words and ingredients and method of making the cake tapi tak nampak lagi rupa kek. Akhirnya.... mata terpaku tengok! Wahhh sungguh sedap! Haish!

Kalo golden syrup and black treacle tu ganti kan dengan sugar cane syrup, agak-agak buleh tak ek?

wiz said...

Aida- Try ganti dgn maple syrup, closer than sugar cane kut and the nuts match it with pecan perghhhh. Kat sini pecans mahal gils! so I had to opt for walnuts jer. Drizzle with the buterscotch when the cake is still hot tau.

I read you cannot take food bergoreng. I think if you do consume oily food make sure you have it with many glasses of hot drink like tea or green tea better or air suam jer pun tak per. That will cairkan the lemak2 tu.

Anf kat sana kan Olive oil murah sgt, goreng jer dgn olive oil, selamat dan berzat.

Eine Frau aus Botnang said...

I am with Kak Yong, memang nampak and tahu sodappp! I guess all my questions have been answered, when read above. You make me want to bake and bake and bake, tapi M tak bagi sebab nanti dia yang perabihkan suma and naik kgss dengan hebat! I am allowing myself to do one cake in a week.

Wiz said...

Fasha- Yes, you can try to bake a cake per week. M memang tak leh control eh bab kek kek ni hahahaha. Bagus jugak ssebab dia ada tolong perabihkan, if not mesti kita yg akan terjebak dlm pengumpulan calories yg sedap ini!