CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 20, 2010

Up and Giving

Thanks so much Suhail!



The pain still persists and the sore has developed into ulcers. I shun from verbalizing my thoughts and with little said, little gets understood and almost none gets done. Since I couldn't eat much, I should be losing a whole lot of weight and so I wished. But in my recuperation, the best thing to take is ice cream, so, instead of losing I might have probably piled on some more. I love ice cream. Ice cream makes me happy tee hee hee. So tak pe la, it is a consolation of some sort.

The kids and I are most of the time inside the house. We hardly go out, not even onto the porch. They never asked to be outside, somehow contented just looking out. They are always running up and down conducting science experiments, placing foreign items into the freezer or soaking things in a sink of soap, trailing ants to their nests and when they are done with everything else they would just bury their faces in my flabby arms and tummy before running back to the adventure they put on hold. Their rooms become Noah's Ark sailing perpetually into the horizon. I do scream when they take it outside their room and Noah's Ark transforms to be tongkang pecah and that is surely not good in a mother's tired eyes.

When days are shady and windy like these, I get melancholic and reflective for many reasons. Reasons that take me far into my past where friends were scarce and friendships were expensive. This feeling was spurred when I opened a box full of old letters and found revelations to how things worked out the way they did. How a separation took place, how new beginnings took charge. Amongst other things I rediscovered thousands of words my better other had for me. Comforting words composed in intoxicating sincerity and honesty, surprisingly never once too overwhelming to the soul. But it does leave me to wonder in extreme curiosity, could one be deprived of words over a period of time, could one run out of what to say after a while? I never ceased to wonder in this silent mode of mine as it is my turn to be robbed of words
... but unfortunately not at all of thoughts.
**********

I AM being a friend and I DO wish you all the happiness in this world. But could you say the same thing to me some 16 years ago?

9 treats:

zue said...

Salam Wiz, am still here but will be leaving soon, bags all packed, ready to be loaded into the cars and off we go, back to home sweet home in a small sleepy city called alor staq.
I would have loved to have known you 16 years ago Wiz, but somehow only recently that our paths crossed but I am glad that it did.
As for the ice cream, since that's the only comforting thing , why not go for the best, Haagen Dazs maybe, it could be good and indulging for you but detrimental to the purse......you take care and hope to see you one fine day, hopefully soon..

Wiz said...

Zue, I'd trade Kl for Alor Starq anytime. I am a person who looks forward to move back to my hometown or to my birth place in Kuala Kangsar. Not too fazed with KL and its offerings. Therefore I shall not indulge in Haagen Daz sebab susah nak cari kat tempat2 tersorok mcm tu hehehe. To me Haagen Daz ker, brand polar bear ker, or daily fresh ker, sumer rasa sama. Yg penting sejuk and manis. With the cheaper brands I can eat even more weeeeeeeeeeee and boleh share dgn sumer org. If brand mahal2 i nak makan pun tak puas and if nak share dpt la 2 sudu sorang kut. ;o)

Have a good trip back home Zue.

Yes, will make it a point to meet up one day k.It's never 16 years too late.

firahadifa said...

kak wiz , ur english very powerful la.. u must be somebody...

Wiz said...

Afidah- Of course I am a somebody. I am a mum to two cheeky growing up kids, a wife to my best friend, a blogger yg syiok sniri.

I am somebody who wishes to do a lot of things in the shortest time given.

Thanks for dropping by Afidah. YOu are a somebody too.

firahadifa said...

ahahaha.. ade2 je akak nie..

well .. yah.. im somebody too .. :)

zue said...

salam again iz, am no riting in the comfort of my home seet home little kitchen. arriced around 8.30 pm, selepas another round of shoping at the Curve pulak. beg semua dah masuk dalam kereta, ingat nak cari baju kat my youngest pulak....BIG mistake! dgn maknyer pun galak nak sopping gak.......berpuluh2 bijik kek pulak lah jawasbnya nak kena buat..hehhe....maknyer pantang tengok buku2 pasal kek, esp pegi kedai yang RM5 tu, terjebak juge.....takpe lah sekali sekala, baju2 budak2 ni, sampai raya tahun depan lah tu, tak beli dah.... sleepy the city might be, but we love it here, tak kalut and very relaxing, cuma seronok pi Kl for jalan2 and shopping je, nak duk sana, stressful rasanya. insyaAllah we'll make a point to meet up one day, nite2, cakap pasal ice cream ,ice cream potong sedap gak, atsaupun yang buat dalam plastik panjang tu letak asam boi kat dalam.....slurp....

hs said...

hi wiz...when you come here surely i will bring you all around rome/my area to taste the best italian ice creams....personally speaking i never had enough of them. love them all.

Wiz said...

Zue- I love ice cream potong and my fav is ccempedak but now dah tak der jual dh la kat KL ni.

hs- Please don't tempt me hs nanti I dtg dgn segerombolan mcm orang kawin nanti kang bagi salam kat depan pintu rumah you. Terkezut you nanti hehehehe

JulesMD said...

i love this cake wiz, it tells the story, all ur ori creations do. ramai org pandai buat kek lawa2, cantik2, sedap2, but urs tell the story, itu yg best tu...