CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Running Away

Ever since I was a child I have always harboured the thought of running away every time this heart of mine felt small or whenever I sensed discriminations amongst siblings and friends. I would sit in my room at the corner of my bed, flipping the pages of this big dark blue covered book. In it I got lost with the character Wee Willie Winkie who has a special ticket that will take him anywhere around the world. He always travels with his brown bag, in his stripped pyjamas. Obviously he was dreaming. I mapped all the places he visited in my head and vowed to run away one day for the adventure of a life time.

Apparently, today would be the day. I am running away just for a while with FAMILY so they too can see and feel what I saw and experienced in this little head of mine 28 years ago.

A promise to the kids and the other half that I would never walk away from them like I did at the airport last year, would be fulfilled today.

Alhamdulillah this time, they are coming with me!

How does a stay at home mum who only bakes and teaches part time single handedly finances this trip you might wonder?.

With creativity and endless of Duas and of course with lots of faith in the two pockets full of sunshine I constantly carry with me.

Ps. thanks mak and ayah for the much needed help. We will have you in our thoughts and prayers.





Thanks so so much Iwan. You made it happen! Now, everyone can fly with me.

ps. Will finish LA after I come back. Catcha later Folks. Muahs.



14 treats:

firahadifa said...

sweetnyer entry nie... sekali ngan lagu ... best2...

ms hart said...

So happy for you, Wizzy! Have a great time together the four of you! Come back with lots of stories and photos to share, ok?

Wiz said...

Afidah, thanks so much. I always have songs accompanying my entries. sajer je syok sorang2.

Tati -Thanks so much. Will do, will do.

Mrs & Miss Vanilla said...

So touching... kalau tgh sedih2 dgr lagu mcm ni pun blh bertakung air mata tau... agaknya I ni jiwang sikit kot...

Murni

KC said...

hello there cik wiz!

yr postings and pictures as always are humorous, fascinating and delicious. and I am forever amazed at yr ability to find the correct song to match yr posting of the day...simply amazing :P

keep on rocking!

Lisajoehari said...

Have a wonderfood journey my dearest buddy. Insyaallah we will travel again someday ok. Truly enjoyed traveling with you! XOXO

LifeBloom said...

Have a great break dear Wiz...you deserve it so :D

Wiz said...

Murni - Bestkan lagu ni. I love The Corrs.

Wiz said...

KC - Thanks so much. I ni suka jer feeling sorang2, So lagu pun lagu lama2 time2 muda2 dulu. Thnks for dropping by.

Wiz said...

Lish - Yup, we will definitely travel again. I am counting on it.

Wiz said...

Mai - Thanks so so much Mai. I am in Gronigen Holland as I write this. It is cold, brrrrr. The trip thus far is similar to amazing race episodes. Lots of running. But it is an experience for the kids of course.

Ms Wong said...

Have a good trip Wiz..! You deserve a break.

Wiz said...

Ms Wong, Thanks for just saying that. Appreciate it.

JulesMD said...

wiz, sy tau mcm mn awak dpt duit pi holiday ni... awak seludup masuk splenda n other contra ban sweet treats haa... hehe... wiz, u SAHM ke, corp woman ke, practising lawyer ke, doctor ke, it's no other people's concern how n why u go away jalan2, esp if it's w ur loved ones. rezeki wiz, each of us is blessed differently, bersyukur je, itu yg paling penting. and sy seronok sgt tengok awak holiday ngan best friend awak, it's a privilege yg tidak ternilai... selamat2 n bergumbiralah anda di samping keluarga n kawan2 tercinta, di mana jua anda berada :)