CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Fly With Me to L.A.: The Finale

First of all I would like to apologize for writing this in such haste. The pictures are too many, in the thousands, the stories that go along with each one are too lengthy to share. I know Lisa is counting on me to regale everything as each one has its own significance in this memorable journey of ours. But sometimes words run away from me especially when things need to be sorted out in the currency of time.

Before we brushed shoulders with some of the world's famous Hollywood stars, we dropped by at the Farmer's Market for breakfast.

Lisa looking high and low for halal restaurant. She was hungry for red meat. Kan baru kena kokak dgn Dracula tadi. Deep into the market our eyes were transfixed to this...

Dengan hati yang girang gumbira, sambil menyanyi2 lagu abang P. Ramlee(enida jgn marah) dan berlari anak2 kecil, kami pun mengorak langkah untuk menikmati makanan kampung halaman yang telah lama ditinggalkan, 10 hari lama ok!) The staff at the counter looked tanned and we felt at home. But we couldn't really understand their language though. So we spoke in Malay, kira macam terjumpa sedara la ceritanya. But alangkah terkejutnya kami, mereka sepatah pun tak memahami bahasa kami. We then had the natural tendency to question the halal status of this restaurant. And to our dismay it was not halal. It was so near yet so far kinda situation for us, especially when kami telah pun terhidu aroma nasi lemak, laksa, mee kari dan sebagainya. Well in the end we quietly settled for this instead...alhamdulillah .


Keju dan singkong... ahaks.

LA is a vibrant city. The multitude of cultures of the people contribute to the interesting hues. The splashes of colours found at Little Mexico along Olvera Street were just gorgeous to the eyes.

Beginilah rupa Lisa setelah kenyang.

Kebetulan ada pesta tari-menari disitu. Seronok apabila dpt menyaksikan orang2 asli Mexico ni mempersembahkan kebudayaan mereka. Jika anda perhatikan betul2 Lisa pun mengambil bahagian dalam acara ini, gambar pertama dari kiri ;o)



Other than locating the Route 66, Lisa had another task she was assigned to accomplish. Her dearest husband is a fan of LA Ink, a tattoo show shown on Astro. Her husband is attracted to the graphic beauty of it, not the tattooing on skin part, mind you. She had the address of the shop scribbled down somewhere and has been sweet talking the driver to take a swing to the designated address. And to our surprise the pakcik driver was kind enough to drive us there with no extra charge. We went in hoping to see Kat Von D in action but unfortunately she wasn't around.



Lisa @ LA Ink

Before we adjourned to the Walk of Fame, the very reason why we made the trip all the way to Los Angeles, we passed by many of Hollywood's finest attractions. One of them was...

Walt Disney's Concert Hall

We could not contain our excitement any longer. We were here to see the stars. The stars apparently can be spotted at the intersection of Hollywood Blvd and Highland Avenue. The famous Hollywood tourist attractions such as hand/footprints in the cement courtyard of the Chinese Theatre, the Kodak Theatre, Hollywood and Highland entertainment complex, Madame Tussaud's all greedily can be found near to each other.


Like Lisa, I was also on an important mission. I had Drewbarry More to track down, all in the name of love for the other half, or in the name of guilt sebab husband kena tinggal, we headed to Hollywood's Walk of Fame. In an instance the first star we set our eyes on was the sexiest of Hollywood signing her autograph in the blocked cement.


...hello world! I lurrrrvvve you, yes you!


...kemudian, Lisa flew high with Superman on his back. The problem was, Superman tak perasan pun Lisa was tagging along. After dumping Richard Gere aka donkey, Lisa became Lois Lane for the day.


Drew Barrymore, finally. My husband just adores her sebab she has the same hair colour as mine kahkahkah...apakah?

Many have asked us if we saw anyone famous but to our dissapointment, we didn't, folks. The closest encounter was this...


We were having ice-cream at Farmer's Market one afternoon when Lisa yelped, "...wiz, itu Black Eyed Peas' car. I bet they are here somewhere..." and our eyes went wild for awhile.


And to answer your curiosity, the star who stepped out of the limousine in my previous entry was...jeng jeng jeng





...LISA! ...jeerrr

We abducted a white Limo one fine day and romanced it like we have never romanced anything inanimate before LOL!



...and you know what folks? Michael Jackson wasn't alone that day...

...coz I was there with him ;o)

He may no more be with us but his star is the most photographed on a daily basis. People were seen swarming around it, touching it, lying beside it, running their fingers through his name just to indicate their support and how much he was being missed.

As I walked away counting the stars below, it gleamed on me that my blessings superceded the number of Stars on the boardwalk. I realized I had a lot to be thankful for and being thankful, indeed, made up the bulk of this trip.


And to you who finds time to be here and read words that don't matter, my heartfelt thanks...
to you too.

The End.

16 treats:

elara93 said...

Do you know that Los Angeles, San Fransisco, San Diego are spanish names or words for that matter. In fact ppl they speak and understand spanish more than english.

ms hart said...

Alaaa....the end dah ka??

Wiz said...

Elara- One thing I know, many Spanish telenovela are filmed there ;o)

Tati - Kena habiskan jugak. Nak ikutkan sgt la panjang, takut drp orang nyanyi lagu "you are not alone" bertukar kepada "It's bad, it's Bad..." hahahaha.

Thanks for reading Tati.

Edi said...

teruja!!

Lisajoehari said...

AWESOME!!!! Hehehe XOXOXOXOXOXO

Seafrost ~ Nina said...

Thanks for writing this...I had fun reading all about your trip ke negara abg ob@ama.
And for me, 3 hari adalah had utk saya mula mencari nasi, halal meat, teh tarik or even anything that has a malay/malaysian name on it, hahaha! And the frustration bila dah jumpa kedai malaysian food yg non halal, oh...mmg sgt keciwa, hihihi

tina_bakes said...

eh! your words matter to so many people tauuu!! btw Drew Barrymore was also my hubby's fav star..mungkin sbb chubby2 macam I kot haha...

tak sabar nak baca your recent adventure pulak!! btw, I met KG tonight... ari tu jumpa Kak Tati..you ni bila pulak I nak jumpa?? rasa rindu laaaa :)

Wiz said...

Lish - I dah tulis beribu2 perkatan and you just said one word? Aiyooooo tak aci tau!

Wiz said...

Nina- Thanks for dropping by. I am envious of your kitchen, just to let ou know. Anyway, the trip memang sgt2 eventful. It's nice to go with just girls, you can get a lot of things done actually. And memang after 3 days I was also looking for Asian dishes but more so crqaving of msg kut hahaha. Masa kat LA maggie dah habis, so kita org hisap jari masin je la.

Wiz said...

Tina- Yanie told me you dropped by. Dah habis macaroons dah? I have yet to try sebab my son is allergic to nuts. Tgh google cari recipe macaroons yg nut free. If jumpa then I will give it a go.

You met tati too? bilerrrrrrrrr? Did she make you her ayam bali?

How to rindu when we havent even met la? Aiyoyo.

I will only write parts of the trip jer sebab terlalu la panjang. The difficult part is to upload gambar2 and nak cari g sesuai you know coz some from this camera, others from another camera. If I start criter 10 tahun tak abis kut hahaha, yg US ni pun took me a year to write "The End"

hs said...

dear wiz...i love to follow all your stories. hope you will write more on your next coming trip. please do come over here.....

tina_bakes said...

I in Malacca 2 weekends ago for work and made plans to meet Kak Tati..called her the first nite I was there and the wonderful family fetched me from the hotel (baik gilerrr kan) and took me out for ikan bakar dinner!! And then they took me to their beaaaauuuutiful house for coffee and so I pun posing2 macam nak rak! HahaHa..no ayam bali though..nanti kita plan ayam bali trip nak???

Yelah..tak penah jumpa that's why rindu la nak jumpa gituu

Uncle Lee said...

Hi Wiz, not sure you remember me, but I remember you. How you doin'?
Wow! You in good ole US of the A.
Love the beautiful pics, especially of that white limo. Looks real classy too.
And that Superman snot real cute....

You have fun, Wiz....have a pleasant weekend and keep a song in your heart, Lee.

Wiz said...

Hs- Honestly I really wanted to include you in my latest cakeventure. But I think masa tu you pun baru balik from Msia and I was with 5 others. But insyaAllah next time I willmake it a working trip and would love to feature you.

Thanks for reading my stories. I could feel your presence.

Wiz said...

Uncle Lee- How could I forget such a fun personality like you la Uncle. Aiyooo. I have been busy lately and haven't got the time to blog hop. Thanks for swinging by this side of the world Uncle. Appreciate your grace.

Wiz said...

Tina - Yes, they are such a wonderful family kan. I love being around them. They have such positive aura which is contagious. If only there are more people like that, the world would be rainbows and flower gardens all around.

Tati - ok tak I tulis? upah I is Ayam Bali k. Tapi Ikhlas ni tau. ;o)