CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 29, 2010

Fear Factor

Thanks so much Haziq's mum. So sorry I didn't get your name.

I live in a constant fear that every time I crack an egg, a little embryo is going to plop out. And being a baker doesn't help to ease this anxiety any better. I crack eggs more than 40 times a week and each knock sends a shudder down my spine. I close my eyes every time the need to do so arises and will take a peek through a half closed eyelids to check if there are any blood spots in the bowl or worse still a half formed chick. I think I develop more wrinkles around my eyes compared to anyone else my age due to the never ending cringe. That is also probably the reason why I don't include cake lapis in my wares. Each cake has like 30 egg yolks in them, imagine doing 4 cakes a week, that's more than a 100 times of cringing.

Another silly phobia I need to address everyday is opening cupboards. A host of creatures are feared to jump on my head or crawl on my feet or slide in my baju. Not to mention the phobia of when I have to go out and put my shoes on. Lizards, creepy crawlies or even rats might take refuge in my shoes. It has all happened before, the plopping of embryo, the jumping of spider on my head and the squashing of lizard in my shoe. Semua dah jadi dah. Itu yang saya takut tu.

If you think my phobias are a little too silly, I would like to invite you to take a look at a long list of even funnier phobias that exist in this world.
But the worst phobia of all the phobias that I have, is pentheraphobia. Destructive in nature, the scariest of them all. Do google to find out.

Ablutophobia- Fear of washing or bathing (my kids have this, haih)
Aerophobia- Fear of swallowing air
Ambulophobia- Fear of walking
Anablephobia- Fear of looking up
Anemophobia- Fear of wind
Anthrophobia- Fear of flowers
Arachibutyrophobia- Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof ofthe mouth. (apakah?)
Arithmophobia- Fear of numbers (my sis and I have this, hahahaha)
B

Batophobia- Fear of being close to high buildings
Bibliophobia- Fear of books
Blennophobia- Fear of slime
Bogyphobia- Fear of the bogeyman

C
Cathisophobia- Fear of sitting
Catoptrophobia- Fear of mirrors
Chromatophobia- Fear of colors
Chronophobia- Fear of time
Chronomentrophobia- Fear of clocks
Cibophobia- Fear of food (my sister and I definitely do not have this)
Clinophobia- Fear of going to bed

D
Deciophobia- Fear of making decisions
Dendrophobia- Fear of trees
Dextrophobia- Fear of objects at the right side of the body
Didaskaleinophobia- Fear of school

E
Eisoptrophobia- Fear of mirrors
Eleutherophobia- Fear of freedom
Eosophobia- Fear of daylight
Epistemophobia- Fear of knowledge
Ergophobia- Fear of work
Ereuthophobia- Fear of the color red

G
Geliophobia- Fear of laughter
Geniophobia- Fear of chins
Genuphobia- Fear of knees
Geumaphobia- Fear of taste
Graphophobia- Fear of writing (my son is having this or more of, not wanting to write at all)

H
Heliophobia- Fear of the sun
Hemophobia- Fear of blood
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words (they might just as well put all the alphabets there)
Hypnophobia- Fear of sleep( my mom, definitely doesn't have this)

I
Ichthyophobia- Fear of fish
Ideophobia- Fear of ideas

K
Kainophobia- Fear of anything new

L
Lachanophobia- Fear of vegetables( oh, if my kids knew this term, they would use it on me so everyday!)
Leukophobia- Fear of the color white
Levophobia- Fear of objects to the left side of the body
Linonophobia- Fear of string
M
Melanophobia- Fear of the color black
Melophobia- Fear of music
Metrophobia- Fear of poetry
Mnemophobia- Fear of memories
Mottephobia- Fear of moths

N
Nephophobia- Fear of clouds
Nomatophobia- Fear of names

O
Octophobia- Fear of the number 8
Ommetaphobia- Fear of eyes
Oneirophobia- Fear of dreams
Ophthalmophobia- Fear of opening one’s eyes
Ostraconophobia- Fear of shellfish

P
Panophobia- Fear of everything
Papyrophobia- Fear of paper
Paraskavedekatriaphobia- Fear of Friday the 13th
Peladophobia- Fear of bald people
Phengophobia- Fear of daylight
Phobophobia- Fear of fear
Photophobia- Fear of light
Phronemophobia- Fear of thinking
Pogonophobia- Fear of beards

S
Sciophobia- Fear of shadows
Selenophobia- Fear of the moon
Siderophobia- Fear of stars
Sophophobia- Fear of learning

T
Triskadekaphobia- Fear of the number 13

X
Xanthophobia- Fear of the color yellow

Sib baik I don't have phobias for cakes! lol

Thanks so much Sherene!

16 treats:

Mrs & Miss Vanilla said...

Tak sangka byk btl jenis fobia2 ni ye. Tak blh tahan sekali, fear of long words tu ye, they really use a berjela-jela word in order to fit the purpose...I definitely fit in a few of the phobias...

Murni

KC said...

OMG...bnyknyer jenis2 phobia ni...i think i also belong to that arithmophobia thats why i sucked big time in this subject at school hehe. eh do they have a term for fear of aircond falling off the wall? coz my katil betul2 bawah tu and i fear it will fall flat on my face! LOL

Wiz said...

Hi Murni or should I call you Puan Murni now? Thanks for dropping by. Hope all is well and you are enjoying your couple life right now.

Wiz said...

Kc- Of course ada. Namanya, I dah google "Kayseeistakutaircondjatuhataskepalabia" panjang jugak term phobia tu. lol.

Mrs & Miss Vanilla said...

Hi Wiz. I mmg dah lama jd Puan Murni dah 2 decades... Yang tu Murni lain kot...

Wiz said...

Oh No, Puan Murni, saya tersilap orang rupanya. i have another Murni who just got married a few days ago. Thought you were her. Sorry again. But it is good to know 2 Murni here. The more the murni-er !;o)

hs said...

it is absolutely interesting to know abt all these phobias but i personally think everything starts from the brain. do you believe that the cerebral blood flow influences the behaviour, feelings and thoughts and thus brain shapes who we are and it does matters.

Wiz said...

Hs- Yes, very interesting indeed. You'd never thought there would be people who are afraid of objects to the left side of the body. Also interesting to know how the brain shapes our behaviour.

ms hart said...

Yayyy!!! Hidup arithmophobia!!!! ahaks!!!

Eine Frau aus Botnang said...

Wahhh Kak Wiz, dah lama tak masuk kat sini, tetiba my favorite song is playing in the background and immediately malam yang sunyi tanpa Mikael jadi girang!!hehe

hahha pentheraphobia hahaa you are funny, I am sure she is a dear but are you saying that she is Monster di luar undang-undang? hahah

Take care dear

Wiz said...

Fasha - Hey fasha the non flabby arm hot mama you! hahaha, you actually googled? good girl! No she is a monster, seriously.

Glad to have made your night girang. I tried your arm exercise last night pukul 1 pagi hoccay and rasa nak tercabut tgn dari socket2 nya hahahaha. Will do this everyday, I must and I will. But like you, I don't think I have the dilligence to do the tummy number. I am sure akan rasa nak terberanak balik.;o)

Ayu Safieza said...

:) I guess u let me know that I fit to some of the phobias...LOL!...And I finally found that I love the song....JUST THE WAY YOU ARE....

MMM,...yup..not a thing I wud change...coz u are amazing, just the way u are.....pergh....leh cair tuuu.....:P

My hubby, used to sms this once to our son "Aisy, you mom is amazing!"...heeeee that was after he got his rendang tok 2kg, 1 biji choc cake and 1 bungkus sambal bilis, fly to Doha, Qatar....huk3....

But glad, at least...LOL!

Ida said...

kakyang...

i think you have mistaken your phobia with allergy. I think you are allergic to her....not afraid of her...ahahahaha.....

Cahaya Kita said...

kak wiz, raihana nie... lama xdgr cite... sehat ke?

Wiz said...

Da, definitely not allergy. I do not have rashes near her. Phobia is the word!

Raihana- Hi! I just donated a lot of stuff and cakes to the anak yatim tadi. Thought of you when I did that.

Edi said...

hahaha.... tak sangka ada byk pulak phobia.. pelik betulla manusia nie kan?