CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 16, 2010

If I Were Rich...

I often catch myself saying that wherever and whenever inadequacy speaks louder than actions. The hand wants to extend longer to the needy, to help as much as I could afford but sometimes the hand does fall short and walking with short hands isn't a pretty feeling. It's that feeling of not doing enough, of not being good enough.

I wished I had more, instead of just enough for the family so I am able to buy from everyone of the makcik and pakcik yang jual keropok and kerepek. I wished I had more so I could give to the blind and the disabled without falling short myself. I wished I had more so I could spare some amount to the orphans without thinking if I had enough for the week. I just wished I had more so I could bank in an acceptable figure to my parents every month.

While waiting for "more" to come insyaAllah, I have been using the very least of what I have, to make merry the orphans in Kajang. I have been making them little cakes for their iftars. It's not much, I know, but at least it has left a sweet taste each time I came for a visit and hopefully it has in one way or another put a smile on their faces.

I wished I could hand out many of the little cakes to other charitable organizations around the area. But honestly, I can't afford to be a Lone Ranger for this. I would like to invite you, those who have a little bit of extra to join me in this effort. Perhaps, if you would like to participate, you are so welcome to buy a box or two of the little cakes and I will help you deliver them to the selected special people. I have identified a few that might need the extra cheer this Ramadhan, amongst them are rumah orang2 kurang upaya, orang2 tua and pusat remaja2 yang bermasaalah.

If you feel at ease with the idea, then you are invited to email me your order. Each box contains 49 pcs of my muffs and they are selling for 40rgt each. This includes the delivery to the respective places. But if you are bigger at heart you might want to donate 3 boxes per trip with the special price of 100rgt for the 3 boxes. You can also personalize a message which will be written on a Hari Raya Card and passed to the group of people you would like to donate.

My short hands are ready and ever willing to be extended this Ramadhan. And let's make dua that our good will and warm thoughts are beautifully received by the ONE whom we constantly seek help and forgiveness from. Amin.

Email me for details at wizcakes@gmail.com

Thanks so so much.


Thanks Puan Maya!

6 treats:

JulesMD said...

bless your kind soul wiz :)

Kitchen Guardian said...

love love this bag, nemind the rm (not that i hv loads of tt)!
loves...

Wiz said...

Jules- DOnt la say like that. I am far from kind. It's too little compared to what you are doing Jules.

Yanie- Yeah! I loved the bag too and I wished the money was real. I would have run with it if it was real hahaha. It was a big bag with cakes so heavy.

Ho Ho Ho said...

Wiz,
you mean duit tu not real??? from your pic ... i thought duit hantaran ke? vewy clever...

Wiz said...

Lisa - hahahaha, tak la Lisa, kalau real mesti hilang sekeping dua mwahahaha. It's edible image. ANd I dont think this is nice for hantaran, sebab nampak mcm tamak plak kan. But ramai ingat duit tu real. It's made from sugar and cornflour.

Muhammad Izzuddin B. Daing Abd Hamid said...

eh...teacher kenal ke ngn sifu aziz samad nih???huhu..