CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 28, 2010

Everybody Hurts

The plan was grand. I was to erect the tallest and the most beautiful wedding cake come June end and I was simply excited. We bounced some ideas off each other, decided on the colour combinations and design. She wished for the cake to be the best that I have ever done and she was willing to pay any amount for it.

But later after some revelations, I hyperventilated and refused to create what she had asked for. She said it was alright, she was willing to save money and pay me the due amount. I just couldn't make myself agree to take any money, well not for the wrong reasons. I convinced her to sleep on it but in the end this lady with the heart of gold came back to me and gave me the green light to bake and decorate the wedding cake of her dreams.

It was to be a three tier cake of red and gold with the bride and groom topper sitting side by side. It pained me to complete this. And with my empathy as deep as the ocean blue, I felt the hurt inside. Visions of the "could have been" played repeatedly in my mind. At times, I created my own script and played both parts, like a wannabe actress getting ready for her first audition. But after a few emails exchanged, I sincerely told her that I was only willing to do her a two tier cake instead of three. As much as I welcome the extra money, I would not let her go through this.

I was all red inside out. My fingers appeared as if I had just killed someone, stained in the colour of blood. But as I painted the gold scrolls at the side, I reassured myself that this cake was just apt for the occasion. The red represented the depth of her love for him and the gold spoke about her heart. My thoughts were further consolidated after the completed cake stood before me. I had a hunch she would be happy too, happy with the outcome and happy that she finally had the cake of her dreams on the wedding day.

Even though...it wasn't her to stand beside the groom.



To this beautiful lady with a heart of gold, I thank you for this order. And as I have only agreed to do this cake for you as an act of closure, I do so hope you will write to me again and this time you will be ordering your very own . And my promise to you is I will make it even more beautiful.

31 treats:

yatt said...

eww... that's one sad ending. tapi why???

Wiz said...

Yatt - Why? It wasn't meant to be, that's why.

Kitchen Guardian said...

oh no.....

Wiz said...

Yani - I mumbled the same but this girl was calm and gracious about it. The best part is, nobody knew who the cake was from. They thought it was from the caterer. Ye la caterer nak bagi fondant cake included in the package.

I don't think I would be as strong.

zue said...

:-(, so sad......i am speechless...

Wiz said...

Zue - Everybody hurts sometimes. I hope she stays strong.

Ho Ho Ho said...

I am speechless and all choked up... :...(

edi said...

oh my.. :(

Kitchen Guardian said...

darling wiz,
i know you are hurtg too, and me too...it's the life cycle..

Wiz said...

Lisa - It was difficult for me to accept the order. I didnt want her to waste her money on something she would not be involved in and to an event she was not invited to come along. But she insisted and I relented by making her to agree that this act is for her closure. She agreed. She needed a closure I guess,

Rin said...

m speechless too wiz... :-( but life must goes on ... show has to start with or without u..

Wiz said...

Edi - Sad kan. Berat hati I bila delivered the cake and didn't get to meet the person who ordered it because she was not invited naturally.

Wiz said...

Yani - It's not meant to be and I told her she would be better off with someone else.

edi said...

a heart of gold she has.. tak semua org boleh accept the situation sampai mcm tu sekali.. tabikla kat org camtu! redha dengan keadaan.

mokjadeandell said...

it bring tears down my cheeks reading this post and the subsequent comments.What could the sender be thinking ?Some love gone astray eh?Hope she goes through this with calm .Seen that.

nwd261 said...

Oh dear...so sad :(

Wiz said...

Mokjadeandell - She was probably thinking of presenting him with happy thoughts, even if he might not know who gave the cake. That shows the depth of someone's love.

Kalu I, mau I nak baling kek kat muka dia lagi adalah ha ha ha. Sin baik groom tu tak der situ masa I hanta. If not I would have gone up to him and said something unlikable.

Wiz said...

watie - Sadness kan. It just ripped my heart out. Now imagine she had felt.

Wiz said...

Rin - YEs life must go on and the show did start without her staring in it.:o(

Wiz said...

Edi - Memang salute dia and if she is reading this, I just want you to know that everybody here thinks you are great "H". We all support you and we all wish you happiness in the future.

The Stakeholder said...

yeah wiz. i concur. whoever this lady is, we have her back and i want her to know that we are here to give her our support.

dearest red & gold girlfriend,
we know it's unfair and for some of us, we really have been through it and we know that it's tough. the only thing is, you're the stronger person to actually have gone ahead to do something like this. most of us would've reduced ourselves to either one of the negative traits including vindication, anger, etc and some to the point of humiliation (trust me, i did THIS one! and looking back, how stupid i was to have begged as if i don't have any class nor dignity - it's still intact, btw, coz i realized it fast!! thanks to friends and even strangers).

as i had told wiz tadi, i have lived enough to finally realize and understand that God will not impose different degrees of hardship and heartache on you if He knows you can't take it. so this is something that He believes you're strong enough to withstand over time. these things happen to make us better people. and you have certainly done a commendable thing which shows the kind of person that God will smile upon.

and another thing, the blessing in this is always something far better that will benefit you in the long run. we hope that you will be able to move on with much strength and courage toward that "something better" regardless of what it may be.

if this is the satisfactory closure for you, we all hope that you are doing well now and that your heart is mended and will soon be ready to open to other possibilities coz dear, nothing is impossible in this world! :)

on behalf of all my friends who care,
~tessaurus~

JulesMD said...

yes, wiz, i must tessa; believe me when i say that many of us hv been there too... :) but, i'm not as noble as ms red n gold tho. as i told tessa, i would hv added a nice cocktail of laxatives into the cake n the fondant, then baru hantar to the wedding couple, heh, heh, then seronok depa spend their honeymoon going to the loo! anyhow, ms red n gold, God has a different plan, as always, sthg far better than u/we ever thot, insyaAllah, just keep the faith... :)

Ms Red Hat said...

Dear Lady H

All the sisters above including me are with you. i was in your shoes once but believe me time will heal your beautiful broken heart.

And i pray that allah will replace him with a better man who will love you dearly and one day when you look back you'll be able to smile as you've triumphed one of the tests in life.

And one day if you really open your eyes and heart, you'll find that there are a lot of interesting and kind men out there - just waiting for you to get to know them.

Muhammad Izzuddin B. Daing Abd Hamid said...

sian teacher..ngade2 tol org tuh..but it's nice cake...=)

Wiz said...

Dear Tess and Red Hat,

Thanks for your support. She whispered a message to me to say that she is alright now, thanks to all of you.

Din student ku - NI mesti miss topic sentence and thesis statement ni. Komen ni out of topic la dei! ha ha ha

Muhammad Izzuddin B. Daing Abd Hamid said...

hahaha..teacher2..sy slh bace upenye..now i know already..=) 2la kn,org suh blaja english ngn teacher btol2 ni men2 jer..kn dah..hehehe. segan2..

Wiz said...

Din - Itulah, masa class teacher, tertinggal bas la, lupa payung la, terover sleep la, terlupa sikat rambut la, kaki sakit nak jalan jauh la, Syafiq geletek sampai pengsan la, mcm2 alasan dei! Dah cepat, order kek dgn teacher, jgn byk soal.

Muhammad Izzuddin B. Daing Abd Hamid said...

hahaha..oo,bole order he..free kew?? nak,nak...=) hmmm,sy blom kawin lg la teacher..cmne nk order kek wedding mcm nih..t 2ngu sy kawin he..doa2 la sy cepat kawin.hahahah teacher2, xmengajar part tyme lg ke?? rindu la nk blaja ngn teacher..huhu..mr azam ade je kt ikal lg tuh..

Wiz said...

Din - Nak kawin? InsyaAllah, teacher doakan jumpa yang solihin, yang pandai amik hati and yang minat manchester united k ha ha ha. Awak kenalah berwawasan. Sebelum kawin lagi dah kena order kek dulu. Rindu nak blajar dgn teacher? cis, masa time kena blajar dulu semedang jer tak nak blajar nya. Sekarang rindu ekk?

Wiz said...

Salina and Tess - Miss Gold and Red has emailed me to say thank you to all of you who held good thoughts for her. She is moving on now and hopefully she will start anew just as beautiful. Thanks girls.

tukanama said...

sad is not the word, but pain yes.kui3.