CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Deep

It would be 14 years for us this August. I pretended to ask him ,just so he could stop and take awhile to remember. He never did forget really, the date, the occasion, the trip his entire kampung had to make all the way to Ipoh. Some were enthralled at the sight of my mountainous region, whilst others were deep in their qualms to why he had to marry someone so so far away. Perhaps, it was too long a journey for some. Perhaps it was just meant to be.

It was deep, the red to my sugar flowers as well as the thought of my wedding 14 years ago. I was also clad in deep red, as red as the petals of the roses I was making for the bride. Moments passed in dejavu and beautiful memories reinstated just the way I remembered them last. Love music played through out our brief presence in the hall that afternoon. Familiar tunes recaptured the initial feeling of marital bliss. A feeling we sometimes neglect to summon into our hearts.

I am just glad I still remember. I am glad it is still there.


The hall was dressed beautifully in black, red and white.

The matching hantaran cake.
Thanks so much Sara!

7 treats:

Kitchen Guardian said...

excuisite! nak tengok nak tengok you in deep red tu!

JulesMD said...

oh, mi piace... i don't say this much, but i love your work coz u tell a story, about the people u create for, that means a lot... and it truly sets u apart fr the rest. and i esp love this red, white n black theme!

zue said...

jiwangnya lagu, I likeee....

Drama Mama said...

wow! that cake is gorgeous!!!! simply out of this world gorgeousness. i likeeeee!

and ur story is just exquisite too.

http://twinkywinykstars.blogspot.com

Wiz said...

Yani - I don't think I fit in the deep red songket kebaya anymore la now hu hu hu.

Jules - Thanks Jules. I ni hanya melayan perasaan n perasan sorang2 ha ha ha.

Zue - Nampaknya kita memang dari species yang sama. Thanks for dropping by.

Drama Mama - Thank you so much for your kind words and for dropping by. You have certainly put that twinky in my eye ;o)

NaveenAli said...

I Really Love this Cake...
& you have really such a good mind that's why u have such a nice blog..
Keep it up... Flowers Canada & Canada Flowers

nwd261 said...

its beautiful.....