CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 22, 2010

Love Is...

I could never remember having a hobby when I was younger. A real hobby like crafting, collecting stamps or badges, not even baking! I was a " neither this nor that" child, growing up confused and bemused at the very thought of having to grow up. I became the subject of concern to my parents, the one who was unlikely to be anything due to my snail pace development. My world was my room and the stack of general knowledge books my father paid in installments for. I still read them now, obsolete and all, at times when I feel I have walked too far from the room I left so long ago, at times when I miss listening to my arwah Tok's fables recited tirelessly from the lazy chair he was so fond of.


When my daughter surrendered the treasure she had found in one of those dusty boxes which was labelled "private and confidential" it occurred to me that I did actually have a hobby. Stashed in the pages of my books were piles of newspaper clippings, pictures, cartoon strips which perhaps moved me at that time. Quotes, thoughts of the day, words to ponder were cut out and some were pasted cozily in corners of my organizers or deliberately left to brew in between significant pages. What was unearthed made more sense now than before. It was as if they were saved in order to be found at a time most opportune for me.

Below are some of the newspaper cut outs which landed "Forest Gumply" on my hands. I have stacks of these and maybe I will show the rest when it is time. Enjoy.

Love is...

...sharing some moonlight.

...writing initials in the sand.

...lotsa hugs and kisses.

...telling each other your dreams.

and most surely

...never having to walk alone.

Thanks so so much sweet Azareena.

12 treats:

zue said...

I did the same thing, collecting quotes, interesting articles, cartoon strips esp Baby Blues, Garfield, stashed away somewhere, waiting to be read again which I wouldn't know when I'd be able to do 'em.now i know where u got your writing skills from.....i gguess....

LizMan said...

Aww!!!so sweet...perasan since akak balik from Chicago, makin cantik kerja...Filiz

MHB said...

wiz... my kids handed over THE private and confidential box (mine) to me, refuged from mom's spring cleaning at her house some months ago...

old photos, autographs and MJ badges :)

btw... your posts always make me fall in love all over again.. tq!! knowing that i'm in love makes myheart feel ALIVE. it bleeds sometimes, yes... but better to bleed for love than not to bleed at all!! oooppsss... lebey2 la pulakk!! :)

Wiz said...

Zue - You did? that's good. It's a wonderful thing. What writing skills? There's none. I just write from my heart. Like they say, what comes from the lips reaches the ear, but what comes from the heart, reaches the heart. That's all there is to it.

Filiz - Kat chicago honestly I did not learn anything new sgt. It was a training on how to teach. But the trip itself was so memorable that it inspires me to cake unlike others. A cake which is me.

Tina - What can I say? we are two fools so much in love. I am glad it has ignited the feeling. Regardless of what you are going thru right now, having the feeling keeps your heart healthy and your memory fresh. Everytime it bleeds, it renews itself. That makes you bake more cakes and that puts a smile on your face and on your kids'and in turn, on mine. Hugs.

khalil said...

teacher, i am 'neither this nor that' child gak. sigh~~~

hs said...

dear wiz... what a nice thing to know abt you, it is so sweet.

MHB said...

"everytime it bleeds, it renews itself".. hey!! i like that a lot!! will use it often now :) tq again for the words.. definitely touched me deep, dear heartsmith :)

wiz said...

Khalil - iyer ker? samalah kita kalau mcm tu. And anyway, kan ker kita ni sebaya? Tu la yang sama tu. Heeeeeeeeeeeee.

HS - Thanks so so much.

MHB - Yes, it does, don't you feel so? Like when you cut your hand, new skin will grow soon after. It's the simple miracles somethimes we neglect to see. I tend to be forgetful too. So I am reminding myself first and then you to take note of the miracles all around k. Like that strawberry cupcakes you just made.

Wolverina said...

love is when you make promises, and stick with it till the last breath. kan teacher?

;((

Lisajoehari said...

Loving the Liverpool cake! Love your design!
XOXO

Kitchen Guardian said...

wiz,

wah the bride siap pakai eyeshadow! cayalah!

xox

Wiz said...

Azie - People change and so will their promises. But we have to stick to our plans - to move on and live the best of these years Allah has given us k. Promise me you'll do that.

Lish - Thanks you babe!

Yanie - Mestila pakai eyeshadow, nak kawin kan he he he.