CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 17, 2009

If You Asked Me

Thank You so much Nura!


...how many cakes I make in a day, I would say not many.
If you asked me
...why I could not make more, I would show you my only two hands.
If you asked me
...why flour, sugar, eggs, milk and chocolate fetch so much, I would show you my heart,
If you asked me
...why deliveries are costly, I would give you the equation : Tolls + petrol + effort + time away from my oven x 2 (to and fro)
= Delivery

If you asked me
...why the cake is imperfect, I would say I am too.
but
if I asked you
...how much should anyone pay for a cake which took the time from sunrise to midnight,
what would you say? Try divide the price with the hours taken.
It's laborious...have mercy.

please.



Salam Maal Hijrah 1430. May Allah bless us with abundance of iman, good health and continuous prosperity in the new year. Amin


Thank you so much Hazlin!

12 treats:

Kitchen Guardian said...

Wiz,

Thank you so much for this post, I shall make a note of this in my blog as well!

One of my achievements this year is baking and am grateful our path crosses, and thank you for being there to answer most of my baking questions! Salam Maal Hijrah Wiz!

LizMan said...

K Wiz..
rose k wiz makin cantik and memang sangat sweet... terlampau admire kerja sifu ...

Seafrost ~ Nina said...

Wiz dear...well said :)
Salam Maal Hijrah to you too...I'm so blessed to have you as a friend.

Ms Wong said...

Wiz,

Selamat menyambut Awal Muharram, semuga tahun baru menjadikan kita lebih tabah dan sentiasa dibawah lindungan Nya. InsyaAllah.

hs said...

selamat menyambut maal hijrah. looking at your cakes, they are masterpieces with absolutely no price tags! take care.

mush, brecht & nora said...

salaam maal hijrah wiz & family. hope the new year will bring u much surprises and u r ready to spring on 'em all ; ) salaam ber snow dari belgium wiz....

Enida said...

Art is the one thing one should never negotiate price on. Your work, my friend, is neither foods nor goods. It's art from the heart. Those who think of your work in terms of price should get cakes and cookies from wholesale bakeries.

I rest my case (like I even HAD a case in the first place).

Juliana Mohd Daud said...

wiz!!! omg, it's been yonks since i've logged on to anything, even my blog pun i tak sempat2 lagi nak update, i manage to send email je, itupun via fon. but i had to viz u, nak sejukkan mata and ceriakan hati...and tru enuf, memang sgt2 ceria hati saya... :)... i so love your works, yg i dah lama sgt tak tengok! esp yg 1 keluarga dok kat sofa tu, and the hogwarts crest... sori, tak sempat nak baca everything in detail, kena browse cepat2 while the goons are upstairs showering...

i'm wishing i've four more limbs like doc oc : 1 for each goon, 1 to bake, 1 to clean hse/laundry, 1 to work at the comp... !!! i hope things become manageable again when they return to school, at least i'd have the mornings to get my work done peacefully!

ciao babe...i'll try to catch you more often on fb... :)

Wiz said...

Yanie - Glad to be there everytime you call for help.

Filiz- Happy to know you like them. Keep on doing your roses, you will make beautiful ones in time to come.

Nina - The feeling is mutual. Salam Maal Hijrah to you too.

Ms Wong - Salam Maal Hijrah to you too! Thanks for always always leaving a smile on my face.

hs - Thanks so much.

Mush - I'm springing already lepaih baca comment hang ni Mush. Sat nor, sikit lagi cheq boink boink trus samapi rumah hang.

Enida- Thank you so much. I really needed to hear that. Appreciate it Enida.

Jules - I still can't get the image of you wearing only your handbags out of my mind. Help.

raggedyanne said...

that's funny, i could have sworn i left a comment here a while ago?

anyway, do you mind if i quote you on this?

Min Bakingproject said...

Georgeous, as usual !

Lisajoehari said...

well written, my adorable little partner in chicago crime...

xoxo