CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Surprise!

There I was standing, as hard as for me to believe it, on a foreign soil on the first day of Syawal. The resonance of takbir didn't permeate the air that day and it never left our hearts either. We have been reciting it, humming quietly in our little corner almost throughout the 29hour journey. It was the one and only reminder of Syawal since the rest of the world was not clad in baju melayu and baju kurung neither was the world splashed in Raya colours we were missing to see.

In between casual chats and jokes amongst the three of us, quiet moments seemed to fill what seemed to be the longest flight ever. During those times I could see eyes gleaming as well as glowing, a mixture of bitter and sweet, a combination of pride and sorrow. The three of us were huddled there for a reason, a reason we neglectfully ceased to remember, the one which suddenly changed the melancholic sound of our takbir to a... victorious one.

We managed to pull ourselves together folks...simply because we were there to win a wholesome of knowledge!

So come and join me in this journey of self betterment in hope you are also able feel and see the picturesque views from the angle of an amateur Rm399 camera owner. The pictures captured will never do justice to the true beauty of the places but they are still a spectacle to cherish nevertheless.

Another journey to write about with Lisa my trip organizer and chef my mental torturer he he he who will grace most of the pages here. All this made possible by the sweetest individual ever Watie, as sweet as the name she concocted for her little rendezvous in Bangi. My heartfelt thanks to all of them.

Our little raya spread prepared by chef's wife and Lisa's mum savoured with a bite of guilt and a gulp of rindu in the morn of Raya at Changi Airport.

13 treats:

Lisajoehari said...

Good times! Glad I spent this year's Raya with you. XXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
lisa@sugarflours.com

mrs red hat said...

Welcome back sweetie! I've been waiting for this entry with abated breath. And waiting for more!

Kitchen Guardian said...

i dont want to be drama queen, like i always dont, ha ha...but it was goood to borak with you today!!burp...

Juliana Mohd Daud said...

yay!!! finally! i'm so glad you're back, home and on your blog. so, master wiz now? cool... must catch up with you, got sthg to show you rgds our project tu... :)

zue said...

salam wiz,
welcome back! wow ! Chicago!Good to have u back. love to know more of your journey....

M-O-M said...

finally!!! more pleaaaase... he he he.

ICook4Fun said...

Wiz, are you still in US??

Min Bakingproject said...

Hi Wiz, good luck in your journey..

Sha said...

Chicago...teramat sejuk kan?

Welcome back akak :)

Ivy said...

Welcome back Wizzie and Selamat Hari Raya!

ms hart said...

Phewhhh...you were away only for a while and now you are back..phewhhh...;-) Legaa...

Wiz said...

Lisa - Yup good times, wishing for more yea. Let's wish harder for another one.

Salina - You need to take a deep breath now coz this will be the longest account ever. Bear with me.

Yanie - ha ha ha, tu la susah jugak bila tak der sapa you nak kacau kan. Likewise Yanie likewise.

Jules - no lah, master Yoda he he he. Can't wait to see what you have got for me.

Zue - Thanks so much. Good to be home. Selamat Hari Raya.

Dian - jap jap, it's never easy for me to write. Citer Harry Potter pun kena tunggu bertahun tau.

Gert - I am home now. But it would have been nice if I could meet up with you there kan, but you jauh la from where I was. I did give it a thought to look for you then changed my mind sebab I didn't want to impose.

Min - Thanks so much. I haven't started on my real journey yet. Selamat Hari Raya!

Sha - Tak sejuk lagi when we were there sebab it was still in the autumn season. But it was sejuk jugakla for me and muka habis kering sumer.

Ivy - Thanks and selamat hari raya to you too. I saw many raya cakes on your blog. Happy times eh?

Hart - Takkan I nak tinggalkan you tanpa sebarang nota Hart. Oh tidak... tidak selagi I merasa Ayam Bali you k!

Ms Wong said...

Wiz, dah balik ke? Raya jemput dtg rumah..Fahlee!