CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 17, 2009

Do You Know

Thanks so much Elaine

I once sang the same song in a short Animal Farm play assigned by our Literature lecturer Mr Jafri during our first year matric, cosmic years ago. I was the sheep, and so were a few others, belting away trying to decipher the whole meaning of staging the play. Sometimes I felt Mr Jafri deliberately did things for his own entertainment, judging by the way he laughed throughout the entire act, but I was sure he had a purpose, unlike me. I was forever uncertain to what I wanted to be even when I was already halfway through my degree. Some of my friends for instance were already planning to break away, finding loopholes in the contract. Others planned to stay and serve the Government before stepping out of the system. Whilst the rest tried to find ways how not to pay back whilst I, amidst of all this, was just trying to cross the bridge if I ever get there. So unprepared, so un berwawasan, so unambitious.

Years later when dates just flipped by , I arrived at the infamous bridge. The sight of it was enough to intimidate a fickle minded young graduate. The choice was glaringly obvious, to cross and make it to the other side but being me that wasn't an only option. I walked halfway and jumped off in the middle of the line. Did I get hurt? yes, bruised all over but somehow I instinctively felt I was meant to take that jump. For that jump made me what I am today.

I am going for a bigger jump soon folks, a quantum leap in my life dictionary. A jump which is sooo good but sooo bad to one's emotion all in one flight. I am a self imposed martyr to my own sacrifice. Please make du'as for me as I make du'as for all the cakes I bake for you.

Raya won't be the same this year..... sedih teramat.


Thanks so much Fadhila.

11 treats:

zue said...

Salam Wiz, whatever it is, wish you the best....take care

ms hart said...

Wizzy, 'sedih teramat' knowing that a very warm-hearted friend is 'sedih teramat'...take care, dear cake fairy!

Sha said...

Salam Kak Wiz, hopefully this Ramadhan month will bring you some peace and joy :)

Ida said...

saya lak yg sebak...ahaha tah hapa hapa....

well..you gotta do what you gotta do... just try to have fun while you are at it....

SweetyYummie said...

K Wiz..jgn sedih2 k...
Selamat menyambut Ramadhan dan berbanyakla doa... moga dimakbulkan dan doa utk org lain akan disampaikanNya....

btw...ur cupcake.. memang always marv. and cumil la patong konvo putihtu...colour nyer sgt sweet...patong tu sgt sweeetttt...

mrs red hat said...

It's a worthy sacrifice Wiz that will ensure you soar higher in your chosen path and i am sure your husband, children and parents will be so proud of you. I am! I know it will come to this from day one you start baking commercially!

Chin up and leap high my dear friend and ride the quantum leap without fear! I will be cheering along the way! Go Wizzy Go!

Wiz said...

Zue - Thanks, appreciate the thought.

Hart - Come on over and give me that big hug of yours.

Sha - I wish you the same Sha. Hope it's better than the last Ramadhan yea.

Da - DOn't la sebab coz saya dah ever ready sebaknya sekarang ni. It's very hard for me, I have never done something like this before. I have never even gone out with girlfriends and leave the kids with Azam. Imagine the diffrence in time and space.

Salina - Thank you thank you thank you for always pushing me from behind. You know exactly where you reign in my heart.

Wiz said...

Sweetyummie- Thanks so much for the visit. I wish you all the barakah in Ramadhan. COme again.

alia said...

Hi, Wiz. Haven't drop by for a while since I got busy with my new shoe biz. Not really sure what 'leap' this is about but can deduce you had to be away for a while since I only see your husband at school these days. Anyway just wanna offer my help if you need me to pick up Adnin or you need a place to keep an eye on him..you know where to find me, k?

Wiz said...

Alia - What shoe business? Tell me tell me! Mana kedai you? I wanna go look and see and buy if I find my size.

Thanks so much for your offer. I was tempted to send A'dnin a few times but didn't want to impose on you. But if I ever needed any help and is desperate of someone to watch over him, I would have you in mind. Thanks so much for your thoughtfulness.

Niza Umar said...

Allah knows what is best for us -- the 'hikmah' sometimes will only appear later in our life ..

Last month I thought of going back to teaching, went for an interview and suddenly it reminded me again why I did not choose this path..

Btw, still couldn't get the roses right!! Argg geramnye .. wish you are near that I can just sent it over and let you see what've I done wrong.