CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It's The Climb

My daughter fighting back her fear of heights on her way up to take a plunge on the flying fox. "Gotta be strong, keep pushing on"

When I picked up my guitar one late evening to pluck " You're My Everything" fulfilling the request of my son, he jigged yaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!. It's his favourite song apart from the other oldie he loves. I am not much of a musician in the house, almost tone deaf, note blind, finger stiff and movement uncoordinated. But I am still able to strum and pluck several easy songs in tune, enough to keep the kids and myself entertained. But after many a time lagu yang sama dimainkan berulang-ulang kali, my son squeezed his thought with "...Ma, boleh tak mainkan lagu The climb tu macam Miley Cyrus, dia pun boleh main gitar." Both of my kids memorize the song not just by heart but also by every action of Miley! Their eagerness was such a mismatch to my pensive mood that day. I was feeling melancholic after a car accident a day before which left me terribly shaken. So shaken that streams of tears clouded my vision on my way to deliver cakes to Wati(sorry Wati if I appeared a little bit red faced and all teary that evening) right after helping two badly injured motorcyclists who had hit me from the back. My daughter and I escaped unhurt alhamdulillah, but some parts of the car were wrecked as severe as the self esteem of the driver.

It was frightening to think a minor accident of such resulted in casualties of a broken shoulder, torn scalp, bruises and wounds which perhaps penetrated deeper than the naked eye could see. I remembered right after the accident I ran towards the men apologizing profusely even though I wasn't the one who initiated it. Like them I believe, I too was a victim of the circumstances. After the hospital and the police station, we never saw the men again, they failed to file for a report for fear of being summoned due to their inability to produce all the necessary documents. But I will always remember their faces, not because of their refusal to be responsible for the damages done onto my car, but for the look that was cast on their faces whilst waiting to be transported to the hospital. The look of penance, contrition, self-reproach and syukur all rolled and compressed into one...it was as if I saw my own reflection.

It's time to pick up that old guitar of mine and lip sync to the song pretending I could play as like of Miley. Jadilaaaaaaaaaa.


She made it!

10 treats:

nwd261 said...

Dear Wiz,

I hope everything are fine with you and your dotter now. I was speechless and was holding back my tears after you told me abt the accident. Told my hubby, dotter, sis and nieces that I felt bad as this happened when you are your way to deliver our order.

Syukur alhamdulillah both of you selamat. As I mentioned earlier, pasti ada hikmah di sebalik semua ni. Thanks for the hantaran cuppies, it goes very well with the other hantaran. As for the muffins, like you said earlier, memang tak cukup pun - we finished almost 30 pieces in the car itself. The balance we put in the fridge and bila makan next morning, my dotter said...sojuk pun lagi sodap :)

zue said...

Glad that you are okay. A couple of days ago, I witnessed a road accident involving a school boy, I was shaken and cried even if he was a stranger. My own accident,a man in his kancil practically drove into my car, my kids at the back saw the car coming, I pressed on the horn but he kept coming and boooom...crash.....my left side mirror was broken, fortunately thekids were unscathed but I was shaken! tilltoday he didn't call up to pay for the damage he had caused. take care....

Juliana Mohd Daud said...

hi wiz,

i finally got out of bed today... kepala masih berdengung...our docotrs take things quite easy la; i dah pegi 2-3 kali, batuk, selsema, feverish. on my 3rd viz baru dia bagi antibiotics to me and all 3 of my boys, but no initiative to do bloodworks or anything like that. nasib baik our flu turned out not ah1n1. anyway, i'm really glad u and ur kids are fine, i giler tekejut badak when u told me hr tu! nasib baik tak jadi badak terus! but, mcm tu lah selalunya, kita careful, tapi org lain yg buat hal, but we have to suffer jugak, like it or not. slowly try to get it out of your system la, kereta rosak takpe, boleh repair, but yg lebih penting is your state of wellbeing... take care ya... miley cyrus is good therapy! i've become quite hooked, after my hannah montana tin tu, hee hee... i think she's real cool :)... hugs to you and your 2 fudgies :)

Enida said...

Oh dear Wiz!

All that, and you were able to pick up the guitar to play The Climb?

You are the glide, girl! You're cool!

Love and hugs for you and Iman.

Sugarpink Icing said...

Hye Wiz, alhamdulillah you and yr munchkin are okay. I had an experience in an accident, its only minor but I was quite shaken when it happened. My daughter luv Miley Cyrus, she will sing and dance whenever she hear her song. She was soo happy when I did Hannah Montana cake for her (will post the pics soon!) . . .

MHB said...

Alhamdulillah, your daughter and you weren't hurt. It may take a while before you're able to drive worry-free. Take care and take it easy, Wizzy!!

edelweiss said...

Wiz...

alhamdulillah both of u okay. Take care ya.

raggedyanne said...

sorry to hear abt the accident, but thnk goodness you're both alright.

Wiz said...

Wati - Thank you so much for the order and please don't feel bad. I would deliver come rain or shine or accident he he he. Good to know your daughter enjoyed the muffs.

Zue - It's terrifying kan and no matter how minor the accident is, we would still be affected by just the word. Thanks for the well wishes. You take care too.

Jules- Tu la I kata, lebih2 brownies tu you jgn makan, tu sebab penin. Bagi kat I jer, I can handle it. I'm alright, it's already out of the system, and so is the money to repair it huhuhu.

Enida - I am as cool as my kids want me to be and also i pun perasan cool jugakla, if sniri tak perasan cool sapa lagi nak perasankan kan? Tgh glide la ni with mop in hand heeeeeee.

Sugar - I saw your the video you made for your girl, coolness sgt. Nanti ajar I.

MHB - Kalu nak ikutkan rasa taknak drive dah but I don't have the time to recover from the accident and be worry free. Must drive, kids need ferrying. But driving after that rasa mcm ada instructor sekolah memandu kat sebelah, conscious jer he he he.

Mynn - Thanks, yes, alhamdulillah we are good. If not tak leh la buat kek and ajar you kek kan?

Anne - Thanks so much raggedy raggedy raggedyanne. Suker sebut your name.

Yani said...

wiz,
hope you are ok,hv never been in any accident except tt motor langgar i, he fell on the road...i went straight to police station to report, waited for 2 weeks, no one came to make similar report...police thinks he purposely langgar me, and had i got down and saw what happen to him...i wuld hv been probably robbed...entahlah...
wiz, you memang berbakat, main gitar boleh semua boleh...i melalak kat ank i bolehlah!!Yani KG