CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 26, 2009

When I'm Feeling Blue...

I once experienced a long distance relationship. My husband had just started working in Kay El and I was stationed in my hometown, hundreds of kilometres away. To some, it wasn't that far of a distance but to me it felt like we were both on different solar systems! Perhaps the longing was due to the fact that we were just married, and both he and I had just started work, right after our graduation. Since we were new at the job, we were not granted that long a leave. Till now, we never took days off for our honeymoon coz life just swooshed us by, right after the akad. The long distance relationship consumed 7 months of our time before I could arrange a transfer. But during those critical times, the heart aches were remedied by long distance calls which had cost probably thousand of ringgits in phone bills. Masa tu communicating via the Internet was unheard of, or maybe it was just me who was not savvy enough to do so.

Anyway, this true blue order was received from a medic student all the way from Australia. She requested cupcakes set in blue with planes and pilot as the theme. Her story recaptured the emotional challenges I similarly had when I was away from my husband. Her long distance relationship has given her the initiative to celebrate the birthday of her boyfriend by surprising him with the specially made cupcakes. With a scroll of poem ribboned by the side and a decorated box of sweet delights, my intuitions tells me that her emotions were blissfully met with her loved one on that day, even though they were thousands and thousands of miles away.

And to be able to do that to nice people with their genuine thoughts of each other is certainly a good feeling.

Thanks Venesy so much!

8 treats:

nwd261 said...

Look at your latest creation, it's so lovely.

I'm so touched with the story and Wiz, this is one of my favorite song by Phil Collins that reminds me the day that i felt in love with my husband

Kitchen Guardian said...

Wiz,

Hmm, we are two groovy kind of love.....this song reminds me of my hubby when he was in Notts and me in Aber, even though tt time he told the world tt we only had a platonic relationship..can read bout this posting in my blog, if you hv the time! Love yr creation, nanti share dgn I how to get tt sapphire blue colour ok!

MHB said...

the emotions of longing and yearning for someone is indeed one of the most beautiful feelings a human can ever experience...

Juliana Mohd Daud said...

wiz, you have outdone yourself, yet again... :)

Sugarpink Icing said...

Lovely cuppies, feeling romantic after reading yr blog!

Wiz said...

Nwd261 - It feels a mouthful writing your name he he he. I love this song too, it has been my fav, though not my husband. So I sorang2 jer syok sniri kah kah kah.

Yanie - I bet if you were to write about your love stories, it would turn into Harry Porter kinda saga, with book 1 book 2 book 3! Or you could always tell me over roast chicken in my house heeeeeeeeeeee!

MHB - I'm sorry!

Jules - Outdid in what? the design or in the choice of songs? ha ha ha. Love the song and Phil Collins, cute kan dia. Mcm one of the characters in sesame street.

Sugarpink - Thanks! I'm feeling romantic everytime, haih so the hopeless!

mº¿ºsh, brecht and nora said...

i tot that the mini ipod on your blog entry looked super cooL, i am still trying to figure out mine which B bought for me to replace my mp3 (which of course, i havent even got the chance to use it fully! kawan u ni adz sikit slow pasai techonology) anyways, i sure can understand your longing Wiz kalau dah berjauh2an dengan your true love.... makan tak sedap, tidoq tak lenyak.... and time passes by super slow kan!? heheheheh i hope someday soon, u both will get to go on thet well deserved honeymoon!!

edi said...

kak wiz, the overall design really shows how much love and passion you put into your work. i bet he falls in love all over again after receiving those beautiful cuppies from his girl!
<3 <3 <3