CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Made For Walking

Thanks so much Nadia!


I have never been a person wishful of any modern day gadgets. Be it fancy phones, notebooks, not even up to date electrical items which could come handy for my use at home. Wishing is one thing, yearning for them is another and I ridiculously possess neither. A visit to my house would prove my words better than you could ever imagine, like they say seeing is believing. I do not own an industrial oven for my baking, neither do I own an expensive sleek one, only two cheap 89-99rgt wares. I own not an automatic washing machine, only an xyz branded semi auto washer which occupies coyly at the back of my kitchen. I text smses and make calls via a 100rgt phone which serves more than just a telecommunication device, it is my best friend. Regardless of the limited features it shyly carries, I think the world of it...no cameras, no mp3, not even a coloured screen ha ha ha. I do not create strides in a fancy crocs but as I have renamed the inexpensive version as frocs, which work just as fine. You can say I am being cheap, but the truth is I am being reasonable.

Despite not owning or wanting any of those hi tech items mentioned, I do have a strong yearning for something. So much so that it has become a permanent resident in my head ever since I was a young adult. I held on to that wish and was on a regular look out for it whenever or wherever I drag my fake leather handbag to shop. And..... one day, there it was. Perching on a counter with everything else relevant to its use, was the item I have been longing for all my life. It was sleek, beautiful, and just the right price to steal my few ringgits away from my tattered purse. As it was clad in my favourite colour blue, yanking it from the counter made it even much easier!

From that day on, I walk with a spring in my steps. The gadget pushes me farther and farther each day, clocking more kilometres, increasing my pace and lengthening my stride. Walking used to be such a trudge but now it has empowered me to enjoy walking, to want walking. The steep steps to my son's school doesn't look so formidable anymore, neither does the long walk down to my daughter's school. I walk and walk and walk until my kids or my husband stop me, even then, I would still walk in a stationary pose.

At the end of the first day, I gleefully flashed my gadget for my much better half to see. I was perspiring in pride when I showed him the records for that day. I clocked 8208 steps which was equivalent to 3.447 kilometre and lost the whole lot of 196.9 calories. After the announcement I paused for a while just to calculate how much was 196.9 calories were worth before matching the numbers to probably a bowl of cereal. My husband who was resting his head on MY pillow whilst twirling his hair looked bewildered above all else and finally gathered enough courage to verbalize his two cents thoughts of "...tak ker lagi senang if you avoid totally that bowl of cereal?" before charting his loudest laugh ever!

Sheeeeesh! Benc Tau!


My Pedometer
This gadget has made me walking and that's just what I'll do! One of these days this gadget is gonna walk all over you! he he he.

Will update more cake pictures next time around folks, so the letih after much walking.

13 treats:

MHB said...

you keep on walking girl!! ;-)

Khairul Husna Kadir said...

Oh my!!You'been drooling over THAT!!!Ha ha ha...Azam is probably rite...LOL! Jang Mar..yer...

Ms Red Hat said...

Join the club Wiz!

Fiza of ChiqueCakes said...

lerrr..itu kah barangnyer? iyer2 je i baca sampai habis ingat kan apolah tadi yg diidamkan...takpe2 keep it up kak wiz...brisk walking is the best exercise!

Wiz said...

MHB - I am walking, that's the easiest thing I know best. Jom walk skali!

Husna - Ooooo gang dgn Azam yer? Tak per, tak per, akan ku buktikan nanti.

Salina - What club is that? Byk club kita can make ni, just between the two of us. Club, jalan, club thrifty, club kutip sampah, club menulis, club mengarut, byk club ni Salina.

Wiz said...

Fiza - Itulah barangnya. Pada I dah canggih nor dah tu. Bila jalan asik nak tgk ke bawah jer ha ha ha. Patheticnesszation tull la I ni.

Lisajoehari said...

Oh yea where did u buy that again? Jealous i tgk your gadget tu... sampai sanggup berjalan kaki ngan u ke Vanilla Pastry tau!

Wiz said...

Lisa - he he he, but you came back in a car ride kan? with a pack of Milo and many boxes to boot! That was a 45 min workout already dah!

Min said...

Wiz.. you are so slim la dear, takyah lose weight dah ! If ever u taknak benda tu, can sell 2nd hand to me, hihi. Good luck in your walking.

KC said...

perghh! itu gadget pakai kat kasut ke? wah manyak motivated la ini macam kalu mau tangkap satu laa.

dont be disheartened with yr hubby's remark; they dont just think like we women do. we are just complex species...kah kah kah

Wiz said...

Min, thank you but not doing ni to get slimmer but I need the work out for my stamina. I have been ignoring my health and it's high time I look into it, dah tua la Min. Eh if you want one, I can get you at 20rgt. I'm selling it now.

KC- Aiyo makcik, so long no see you here. How are you? Nyanyi sikit, he he he. Ya, they will never understand, us the special people of this Universe.

Wan said...

Canggih tu kak wiz, i pesen yg malas bersenam, hehe dah berdebu kat rumah ni.. hehe keep it up kak!

eh yg sebenarnya nak habaq i love the cuppies design, the colour tu so soft, santek sangat

wiz said...

Wan, tu bukan untuk bersenam but to just keep track of how much we have walked. Sajer je, tak der kojer kak wiz ni, he he he