CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 15, 2009

...

I am running my fingers across the sacred laptop of my much better half. Feels sooo good. Anything new feels that way to me, unlike my seasoned PC which has been acting up these couple of days leaving me with empty screen and incomprehensible sound of "...tet.....tet.....tet" each time I switched it on. But as much as I like the new laptop, I still can't do away with the old one. My entire life is in there, my pictures, data, notes, the kids' drawings...kids' school projects, stranded or may not even be retrieved. My recent cake pictures are stored there and might be lost and you would never be able to hear me tell the tales of the previous cake stories...and I have so much to tell.

If the data could be restored InsyaAllah, I would publish all the backdated pictures of cakes and classes, (you can check KG's entry about the recent class here)...but if not, I will just have to create new ones then.

Hmmmm...I am still here but not exactly there yet.

13 treats:

zue said...

salam wiz, me.. very not so good with IT gadgets, till today, I still don't know how to make a slideshow of my cakes....sob..sob...

Good luck with retrieving all your cake photos,I always try to save them in a pen drive just in case....cos you'll never know when it's going to crrash on you...

Farida_Ismail said...

wizz, ever heard of thumb-drive?? hmmm??

Wiz said...

Zue - I never learn my lesson, slalu je malas nak gi save kan. Some have been saved just the recent ones ni jer tak sempat. Thanks.

Pridah!!!!!- Yes I know bout thumb drive, toe drive sumer tu, but like I said the recent ones ni byk tak save lagi sebab malas. Tu la kan, wiz dan kengokngekkannya.

Wan said...

Pernah jadi kat saya last yr kak Wiz! Habis sume gambar cake, dah la I'm a bit sentimentelll bab cake saya buat, mesti wajib nak snap. And not forgeting my kids precious pix.. tension kan!

Kitchen Guardian said...

wiz,
happened to me recently, thank god the it guys manage to retrieve the datas for me, think we should own an external disk!

Seafrost ~ Nina said...

I hope things would be ok for you. Thanks for this entry...you made me, or actually you made me bug my hubby to help (dia yg kena buat semuanya, hihihi)me to make backups foe my pix & all. Hehehe...i have a thumb drive...which all these while jadi keychain kunci bilik je, ha ha ha....

mº¿ºsh, brecht and nora said...

hey ya sweets! your pc crashed on u again!? kesian betul u Wiz! Wish i could help! i am sure this is some sort of blessing in disguise lah. but whilst u are still learning how to let go the old pc, i wish u tons of fun with the new one ok ; ) Big hugs from tired old me...... my new laptop is collecting dust - between work, running the household, fetching & sending nora to school and cooking - i havent got time left to unwind let alone sit infront of the pc = (.... i hope this gets better soon... if not i'll just go crazy!!!

Kitchen Guardian said...

wiz,
happened to me recently, nasib baik the it guys managed to retrieve the datas..think we should get an external disk drive, i havent!

DaNaSh said...

salam wiz, dah hantar your seasoned 'lappy' kat the best doctor in town? Moga-moga ianya selamat.

MHB said...

Wiz -- my 4 year old personal lappy buat hal late last year... all it does now is show me a black screen. I am in denial and thinks that one of these days I will turn in on and everything will be back to normal (as of last week still black). Am secretly hoping that when I take it to the computer shop (which I have yet to), the technician wll say "ahh... sekejap saja boleh baik" and that all my memories (photos, letters, basically my life) stored in there can be retrieved. I know how you feel. uhuk uhuk

Seafrost ~ Nina said...

hmmm...saja nak menyemak again kat sini...just to say Happy Birthday...ehem-ehem...may your other half knows what to buy for your birthday ~ a new laptop is what you need :)

DaNaSh said...

happy 3# birthday wiz...i doakan u get a new lappy with ur fav colour splashed all over it...ammmiiinnn..

Wiz said...

Wan - lebih dari tension. Ni peringkat nak nangis tarik2 rambut ni ha ha ha.

KG - You managed to retrieve your data? Sapa yang godek computer you ni?

Nina - I'm glad you are putting my words into action. DOnt be like me, too late to simpan everything.
And thanks for the wish. Ni facebook punya hal la ni.

MHB - Sedey kan. Feels like half of our lives has been erased. Hope you get all the pictures back. Maybe can ask KG about the guy who helped her retrieve her files.

Naza - What are you talking about? Bukan ke kiter sebaya? 28 years of age? You have never been very good at maths have you Naza?