CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 13, 2009

Vanilla Pastri


Stepping into a shop that bears "dessert" as its name is pretty welcoming for a dessert sucker like me. The pastry aroma which escaped from the shop's kitchen did more harm than good to my purse that day. I was suddenly filled with that phony eagerness to try and bake the many abducted recipes held captive in my recipe book collection. Recipes which went through the laborious cut and paste process accumulated from all around the world via the Internet: abandoned, untried and untested due to the unfamiliar ingredients they called for. However, a visit to Vanilla Pastry renewed my hopes of finally giving all those recipes at least an attempt as most of the ingredients are found here, sitting seductively, over the store counters. It was like walking into an episode of twilight zone where whispers, murmurs and soft voices of brand names calling and reaching out for me. And like a zombie, eyes half rolled up I picked them all.

Some of the imported goods adorning the counters



This is where I shop for my cake supplies folks. My icing sugar, my butter, my cake boxes, some of my moulds and some other baking stuff, all purchased here. The store holds an interesting array of other imported items too like frozen berries, a good variety of cheese, ready made pastries, cream and a few excellent brand of dairy products. But my pick would be the frozen pizza base which comes in thick and thin rounds, all ready to be topped with tomato sauce and sprinkled lavished with chicken, sausages and cheeeeeeeeeese. Bake them for 20 minutes and breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner and supper are served...tee hee hee..ooops I have been doing a lot of that lately....malasly....guiltily.


I seldom get to meet the owner of Vanilla Pastry(nak gak jumpa, boleh mintak diskaun ker, free items to try ker, cake or roti to sample ker...I am open for ideas he he he)but words from the the helpful girls at the counter mentioned that the owner is a chef or according to the name card, a food consultant. I did ask for his profile but till this day have yet to receive any. So this write up is strictly based on my experience and opinions about the shop.


Rows and rows of products for your grabs.

The well stocked up shop also sometimes sells sliced cakes, apple pies, cheese tarts freshly baked from the store's oven. Savouries like frozen lasagna and mee bandung are also available periodically. This is not your typical cake supply shop where products are almost alike from one shop to another. What makes this shop stand out from the rest of its competitors are the good variety of exotic brand names as well as the friendly and helpful services extended. If you buy more than you can carry, the workers will gladly carry your items to your car, come rain or shine. If tempat lain, baru nak tanya sikit jer, dah tension, dengan masam mukanya and buat tak tahunya sebab they know we will still come back to their shops just because of sekupang dua lagi murah.

The two cheerful girls at the counter.

Vanilla Pastry would not just win your heart over with its content but more importantly the contented feeling attained after your each visit. Let your heart be filled and don't give this shop a miss coz the only thing missing in this store is basically.....YOU!

Vanilla Pastri,
No 33-G-01,
Jalan Medan PB 2B,
Seksyen 9,
Pusat Bandar Bangi,
43650 Bandar Baru Bangi,
Selangor Darul Ehsan.
Tel: 0389223608
fax:0389223621



ps. NO, I am not related in any way to the shop owner!

14 treats:

Sugarpink Icing said...

Interesting shop, iam one of those who luv to go the bakery shop just to check-out their products! but this place is far for me (staying at bkt antarabangsa), you're right when on the 'tension' part - I always experince with this bakery shop at chow kit road, when we asked something their face like we owns them money . . . sour all the times! ayooo but I still go there coz that the nearest and lots of things! If only Vanilla pastry have branch in KL, I'll definately shop there!

MHB said...

Hi Wiz.... thanks for this post. Am not familiar with Bangi area but will definitely check it out soon.

mº¿ºsh, brecht and nora said...

dearest wiz, i hope this comment of mine fines u fine and dandy! i absolutely love all things vanilla! so i could just sit and read a book in the store and be eternally happy = ) u go there often too so we meet often too! heheheh i am finally abit settled into our new home! things are unpack but there are a zillion things yet to do, small stuff here and there like painting & wallpapering, the wooden ceiling.... tak tahu bila nak habis but we'll get there day by day.... I missed coming here! glad i could drop by today! I am off to sleep! besok kerja... Big bear hugs xxx

Kitchen Guardian said...

whiz,

nak pi nak pi!!

Anis Hartini Haron said...

thanks for sharing the info. I heard about this shop but never been here.. ur entry make me feel like it compulsory to go there...

zue said...

Hai wiz, always enjoy reading your blog. Thanx for sharing about this shop , unfortunately very the far away from Alor staq maaa....I also share the habits of collecting, cut and paste recipes from all over dgn harapan nak mencuba dan masih berharap..hi..hi..

DaNaSh said...

salam wiz..bahagian frozen-frozen ni memang minat..review lebih-lebih sikit lain kali nanti yea

Khairul Husna Kadir said...

Wiz, I have yet to go inside...lalu laland dah berkali2! Thanx for enlightening us all...

Naeim said...

Hello Madam Wahid:
Its now during break time of special sem, I'm in my country enjoying of being among of my family and my people, studying and wondering about a tutor who seems to not be in Tenaga any more?!
Hows life?:o)
I hope every thing is excellent with you and your family like your colorful tasty cakes as I see in pics ;0o

Wiz said...

Sugarpink - Come la drop by sometimes, I will give you a personal tour.

MHB - Now that you are also in this biz, you need to give this shop more than a peek.

Mush - You are here! You must be exhausted Mush with the moving and all, but I bet it is fun kan, to decorate your own home. As you are very much aware of, I am self inviting myself there, tak kira.

KG - Pi, jgn tak Pi Yanie. Rugi hang duk jauh2.

Zue - Thanks so much for taking time to read. I so do appreciate my readers if there are any out there. I don't have that much to share actually, nothing profound nothing sound, only cakes represent me.

Danash - Kita serupa, kita serupa.

Husna - You duk dekat pun tak pernah masuk ke? nanti hop in k. Ckp my name pastu demand discounts ha ha ha. Sebenarnya depa tak kenal pun I. I je yang perasan.

Naeim dearest - How are you? back in Iran I see. Hope you have a wonderful most productive time there. Are you visiting your girlfriend at the same time? Take care and my warmest salam to your family. Bring me lotsa nuts when you come back, cashew, almonds, hazelnuts....

Lisajoehari said...

Yes Vanilla Pastry has plenty of imported items that I have been longing to buy eversince I got back here.

Have never seen the owner tho... but whenever there's single cream or double cream on the shelves, i grap them fast!

Wiz said...

Lisa - you masak apa pakai double cream ni? Creamy nya!!!!

roza said...

betul3... nk berangan2 tgk barang2 tu pon mcm lapang ajer..2 gals yg comel ni pon mmg very helpful & ceria sangat.

i pon suke g sini, tp wonder last week wednesday, pg tutup awal plaks.. kenalah redah gak kedai berhampiran..

Nurissa Harriez said...

Salam kak...

guess who..hehe....

I'm one of the cheerful girls at the counter.... ahaks~

Thanks for giving such good comments...memang de beberapa org kawan akak datang gitau kitorang glamer sebab satu malaysia tengok muka kitorang dalam blog kak..hehe...