CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 20, 2009

Stuck With You!

Thanks so much Netty!



Since my much better half is in the midst of developing the kinematics and energetics of nuclear reactions and radioactivity as well as identifying and assessesing biological risks associated with ionizing radiation whilst
exploring the use of nuclear techniques in medical therapy which the University has in full effort made it compulsory for the nuclear open day activities to coincide with the school holidays, my kids and I are left stuck with each other cooped in this cake house of ours. And since my much better half would be busy the entire week participating in the nuclear open day activities which ends with a Sungkai Motivational Training that also coincides with the school holidays, I chose to take up as many cake orders as these pair of hands can whip and decorate them.

It's easy to keep myself occupied this school holidays with the cake orders and all. But keeping the melting chocolate fudge and vanilla cream in place is an atomic job for any nuclear scientists! My feet are grounded in this house most of the time, leaving the house is only to persue cake stuff at nearby shops or deliver cakes at the Shell station which is also around the vicinity.

Therefore the kids' activities during the school holidays are limited to doing their workbooks, screaming and running around the house, squabbling with each other, messing one room after another, watching endless cartoons and o yeah ... the exhilirating, exciting, ear piercing screaming this.....right in the kitchen! under mama's nose, behind mama's back, around mama's armpit and right before mama's eyes. teehehehehe. Alhamdulillah we are at least together driving each other mad.


So what have your kids been up to this school holidays?



Thanks so much Yasmin! Made a lotta these this week.

Thanks so much Noreen!

Thanks so much Dayah!

Thanks again Netty! You've been a doll.


Stuck With You - Huey Lewis & The News

9 treats:

Mazita said...

salam kak wiz ... ita pun ada wat cuppies then balut ngan paper cam kak wiz wat tu ... sori kalau ita tertiru yek ! tapi kebetulan kot ... coz baru wat malam tadi .. lum upload kat blog pun ...

Wan Sajidah Ahmad Saburi said...

wah..sooo chumel all the cakes n cup cakes :)

Kay Husna Kadir said...

One of these days I'm gonna drop by at ur abode....bule? To discuss cupcakes for Teachers' Day Celeb at my school....

Wiz said...

Mazita, sama2 la kiter.

Wan, Thanks Wan, kena buat chumel sebab ramai orang yang order sumer pun chumel-chumel.

Wiz said...

Husna - boleh dtg tapi I am most of the time not at the house, always on the go. I am mostly in Bangi. Nanti gimme your number and I will call you k whenever I am in Bangi, will meet somewhere.

DaNaSh said...

As salam wiz..banyak bebeno 'nuclear' dalam your entry kali ni...it's good to be back...love the song 100%.

domestic engineer said...

What an activity during the school holidays...baking, baking and baking...! You've never asked your kids to help counting or arranging the cupcakes, have you? Anyway, I'm sure they had fun by just having their mom around.

Juliana Mohd Daud said...

oi, your kids are gems of kids la...so next time they're at my place, you jgn jeling2, kenyit2, psst2 kat diorg when i offer to make milo or makan for them... just because they have their bekal mini cuppies okay... teruk la you ni... or next time i invite diorg je! ha ha! tapi at least your kids faham you punye jeling2 pandang2 tu...i punye kids kalu, i sampai jadi juling pun diorg derk je! and ble tanya plak tu, 'kenapa mommy buat muka mcm tu?' aaa!!!

Wiz said...

Naza - Ye ada a small nuclear war jap kat sini ha ha ha.

Ziela - Yes, they have had their share in helping me but the thing is most of the time I had to recount and rearrange the cupcakes. So double work for me. So jadinya, I don't let them help me with customers' cakes but if for our own makan2 tak per.

Jules!!!! Mana ada I jeling2,? If you called that jeling2 wait till you see the real jeling2 k! Have to jeling2 la coz tangan tak sampai nak cubit2 ha ha ha. Apasal you tanya the kids jer, awat tak tanya I nak brownies ke?...