CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Killing Him Softly With My Song

As I lay sickly stricken on my side of the bed with vicks in one hand and crumpled tissues in another, I playfully, nothing to do-ly, teasingly asked my much better half a question. He was sitting at the edge of the bed folding some clothes whilst trying his best to be ready to match my silly question with his equally silly answer.

"Chami, if there would be a song that you could ask me not to sing or dedicate to you, what would it be?"

I was already humming to several slow number tunes, the same ones I have always carried, every time I feel sombre and under the weather. He was on the other hand tapping to his own Dream Theater beat imagining he was Mike Portnoy, drumming and hitting nothingness in the air.

Our music preferences are of langit and bumi and we are constantly fighting for music space in the car, on the computer, even in our own heads. He loathes the type of music I listen to and I just can't bear the thundering, volcanic beats of his choice.

He was almost finished with the clothes by the time he decided to answer me, and knowing him, I expected a list of songs instead of him naming just one.

He heaved a few sighs and chuckles as he claimed there were too many. I reminded him again "One song jer k, tak leh byk2, satu jer."

"...Ala" He protested but continued with a clever answer...

"Anything from Air Supply!" and before I could say anything he concluded his choice with "...and that song you always sing...killing me softly with his song tu...man you are really killing me with that song!"

I said "...hey, that's my favourite song!!!!!!!!" and of course I just had to sing it ever so loudly the moment he mentioned it, sajer je out of geram ha ha ha.

But since he has helped me lipat the kain and all, I had to respect his wishes and not sing him the song in full, just the chorus tee hee hee.

The dark clouds have yet to uncover me, I am still gurgling in this cold but alhamdulillah I am recovering slowly. In the meantime, need to prepare for my class this Sunday and think of some more silly questions to ask my much better half.

Till then I leave you with this "Blast" I wake up to every morning. He is my blast of life, noisy, very, but still mine to share with the kids, insyaAllah.




Killing Me Softly With HisSong - Roberta Flack

10 treats:

fizafarizah said...

hihihi...ur family's stories selalu buat i senyum lebar...u'r blessed with a very nice happy family kak wiz...no wonder all ur cakes & writings pun macam tu..!hubby you lah tu ye? hehehe opposite attracts! :-D

myheartbleeds said...

Get well soon, Wizzy dear!!

Killing Me Softly is my lagu wajib at karaokes :o)

Akmal said...

Roberta Flack, mana boley tahan seyh! :D
Hehehe.

Effa Mas said...

Heyyy...! I like songs by AirSupply too! Any songs. They have good lyrics and just simply good songs tau!

Come lah Wiz, i dont mind you killing me with your song, meh.

Wiz said...

Fiza - Alhamdulillah, not extraordinary happy but normal happy like any other families out there. We have our sad, angry, out of this world moments too just like anybody else. Yeeee itule dianya orangnya yang storm into my life. He is still storming away he he he.

Akmal - I dedicate to you la this song since I can't do so to my husband. Dah dedicate kena terima, tak peduli!

MHB - Susah ni MHB kalau gi Karaoke sama2 nanti dua2 pun rebut mike nak nyanyi lagu ni, aisehman. Thanks for the wishes.

Mas - Tu la, I need to kill somebody ni with this song, since you have voluntered...I'm stabbing and butchering you right now, yah yah yah. Sakit ker? Soweeee. Got to go Karaoke with you one day!

Juliana Mohd Daud said...

hey wiz!

ur man likes dream theatre? i liiiike dream theatre... don't ask me the names of the songs or the albums...but i know when it's dream theatre... cool! tapi takleh lawan i suka journey la (the ori one, not this new vocalist)... itu my forever luurve...

killing me softly? keh keh keh... itu lagu saya punya en rostam suka tau... more for the lyrics... hee hee hee...

Anis Zainal-Pacleb said...

cartoon la u ni wiz.... but still I adore you soooooooo much..... since my voice macam katak, mmg i tak berani la nak nyanyi, go karaoke pun jadi tukang pilih lagu je...heheeee.....

takpe takpe kalau u rebut mic ngan MHB, i can guarantee you kalau both of us gi karaoke, the mic is all yours.....kih..kih....

p/s : get well soon.. i pun baru recover from flu....

Kay Husna Kadir said...

Get well soon....I love that song too...though I'm rather blurr on what it actually conveys. But the image comes to my mind...dark, smokey club...

ms hart said...

Wiz!!! I was laughing like a mad woman as I read this entry!! I can just imagine the scenario of you singing that song much to your hubby's annoyance! Betul lah...some more orang tu dah tolong lipat baju...lagi mau torture!!! Still laughing ni Wiz!!!

Wiz said...

Jules - Dream theater's music is quite pleasing to the ears actually. Tak la heavy sgt. I am beginning to like it. I love the base guitarist, rambut selembut sutera, jealous nengok, boleh buat iklna Pantene.

Anis - and i adore YOU! especially coz you let me conquer the mike ha ha ha, muahsssssssssss.

Husna - You too? ha ha ha I pun mcm tak paham sebenarnya apakah maksud sebenar lagu tu. Adakah penyanyi itu rasa tersiksa sebab nyanyian lelaki tersebut atau adakah penyanyi itu tersangat annoyed ke tahap ingin membunuh apabila mendengar nyanyian lelaki tersebut. Sumua itu menjadi misteri padaku sehingga hari ini.

Hart - You are easily amused la Hart. Sebenarnya tak kelakar pun ha ha ha, tapi I gelak jugak la sebab I had a good time irritating my husband.