CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 12, 2009

The "UN" Mission

The artwork of Brazilian cartoonist Carlos Latuff that calls on the world to condemn Israeli holocaust of Gaza.

I am just another person, mother, wife, and another set of eyes that is in devastation to be fed every single day of the inhumane destruction inflicted on fellow mothers, wives and most importantly fellow muslims over in Gaza. But I am not just another UNable person, mother, wife or another set of eyes that is UNfit, UNqualified or UNskilled to contribute in my own way, in the littlest way I know how.
So...

Dear friends,

In view of the current situation and state of the Palestinian people, I hereby would like to put aside every 5rgt from every order received from my cake venture and proceed the accumulated amount to The Palestinian Fund.

I am now no more just another UNable helpless Body!

Here are the first few cakes of my UN mission.


Thanks Nadia!

Thanks Lan and Pak Nil!

Thanks Kak Lin!

Definition of UN - United abomiNation

14 treats:

Uncle Lee said...

Hello Wiz, well done. Good for you. Love those cakes.
You sure one talented mom.
Very sad to read, see whats going on in the Middle East now.
You keep well, best regards, Lee.

DaNaSh said...

Go Wz go...show them what you can do

DaNaSh said...

by the way wiz..lupa nak habaq..mlm tadi I dah urut u secara 'batin'...tak rasa ke your backache dah hilang? so don't forget to send me the cat-on-the-books-thank-you cake....he.....he

Heavenly Gift said...

Dear Wiz,

The poster is much better than the gory pictures that i received in my email. Honestly, it's full of creativity rather than a picture that shows very little respect for the dead and his/her family. I understand the noble intention of the forwarder but sometimes we do need to exercise a little bit of wisdom in our act.

Salina

huraz said...

Would love to contribute to your UN mission. Kalau i balik KL next mth, will call u.

Anis Zainal-Pacleb said...

oooo wizzzzzzz..... i'm back.... alamak, banyaknye entry that i missed out...anyway, gorjes cakes and cuppies as always....

on the horrendous and inhumane attack by Israel, I am speechless and helpless but I can only pray for them, the Palestineans.. i am also doing my bit by not patronising starbucks, eventho i miss the green tea frappucino and we'll try to minimise our trips to Mc D too.... hmmm... and no more Marks & Spenser clothes for us too....

it's very noble of you wiz, to contribute a part of your cake-making earnings to the said fund.. and i'm humble to be acquainted with such a kind hearted and compassionate person...

p/s : is January order close?

Wiz said...

Uncle Lee- You made it here again, aaaww touched. Thanks so much for dropping a line or two. It's always nice to receive you here. So have you written any comical, happy stories yet?

Naza - Eeerrrrm urutan batin ye? You blajar kat mana ni? kat Acai ker? he he he. Disebabkan You telah mengurut I secara batin, I pun terpaksalah anta kek si kucing secara batin jugak. Ok ready? Auuummmmm, Auummmmm....dapat tak?

Salina - YEs, there were some horrific visuals out there. But I guess there were posted with the intention to express anger in the wrong doing of Israel laknatullah. Untuk menyedarkan kite sebenarnya insyaAllah, wallahualam.

Doll - yes, anytime you are here, just order. And you know where a portion of the money go. No matter how samll the order is, 5 rgt will be donated to the Fund, insyaAllah.

Anis - Glad to see you back. I feel helpless but I want to help. I have not visited Mc D for such a long time now and we still survive. January's order is only for my promotion pack of 35rgt for 49 pcs tu je and the five ringgit will be put aside for the fund. I really want to raise a big amount of fund, hope people would order and not think of me taking advantage of the situation. This is also my bread and butter and I am just trying to help in my own little way. Hope people get the message.

domestic engineer said...

Great idea for the good deed! Wish I can order one for your UN mission.

amaruszati noor rahim said...

alhamdulillah, wiz. semoga usahamu ini diberkati Allah. doa dari akak selalu untukmu meskipun banyak entrymu yang tak terjengah. salam rindu

mº¿ºsh, brecht and nora said...

U know the elders always say that the more u give the more u get in return and may Allah bless u in so manyways Wiz, u truly are wonderful to everyone around you even strangers! ; ) I hope u get plenty of orders pouring in and that with that p^lenty u will also get some help! Good luck Wiz the cake fairy ; ) heheheheh

Min said...

Wiz,so proud of you girl ! Semoga doa kita utk saudara di Palestin di makbul Allah swt.

ICook4Fun said...

Hi Wiz, I am in KL now. I didn't bring home your e.mail address so I can't get in touch with you. Maybe you can call me at 012-2739778

Wiz said...

Ziela - Thanks, it's just a small effort from me. Hope it would in someway help thoe unfortunate ones.

Mush - Ala Mush. my effort ni kecik sgt la Mush. I wish I could fly in there and bake cakes for the choldren to alleviate some of their suffering. I know it's not much, but at least it's something. They need more than cakes now, and by this way, if tak boleh hantar cakes, I can send in some money from the sale of my cakes to them.

Min - Amin Min. Kiter doa lagi dan lagi dan lagi k.

Gert - I will call you once I'm feeling better alright. I don't want you to be catching this nasty cold from me.

wiz said...

Kak Zati -Lama tak bersua di alam maya ini. Seronok rasanya bila kak Zati datang singgah, walaupun seketika.