CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 29, 2008

Selling, Selling,... Sold!

A promise not to accept extra Raya orders for cookies and cake has left me with that hollow sound in my purse. Unlatching it and seeing the emptiness has put me into a trance of melancholic thoughts of my parents. I needed more money to bring home this Raya. The ones I have slid into the raya envelopes aren't enough. They deserve more. And so with that thought, I worked myself out for the past three days baking cakes and cookies. Dan terjadi lah operasi "fast sale". I was uncertain if my goods would be a hit since everyone has ordered and bought their Raya rations but it was worth the try.

Location: My husband's office
Target buyers : Staff of his office and my students.
Items for Sale: Fudgy chocolate cake, gooey fruit cake, and chocolate chip cookies.


Operasi ini berjalan dengan jayanya! Alhamdulillah! The items were grabbed as early as I was transporting them at the elevator. The cakes went fast, the cookies were a bit slow. My excitement rose upon seing the good response and to increase sales I had to increase the volume. Rushed back after class and baked some more but with my period cramps, I could only do so much. The next morning I was surprised to see some who bought my cakes the day before returning for moreeeeeee. Mostly were my students who claimed that they had finished the cake even before they could surrender them to their parents as buah tangan. My Pak Arabs wiped all my wares in a blink of an eye. They loved the fruit cakes and the chocolate cakes, not much of a cookie monster. As a matter of fact, they weren't enough to cater to all of them. Thanks guys!

My nawaitu has been rewarded handsomely by the Al Mighty, alhamdulillah. The thought of contributing some to the needy has probably clenched the whole affair. All proceeds went to the deserving owners. The last week of Ramadhan didn't grant me the opportunity to stay up awaiting for lailatul Qadar deep in my solat, but instead I was deep in cookie dough and cake batter in the name of a good cause. Hopefully it is accepted as a form of ibadah for me insyallah.

And that's a good feeling.

Terima Kasih Everyone!

2 treats:

Princess Azi said...

alhamdulillah teacher... :)

Selamat Hari Raya~

ps: duit laye??? :D

Wiz said...

Duit Laye ah? kena tunggu chinese new year.

Selamat Hari Raya to you too Azie. Kirim salam to your parents k.