CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Road Taken

If I was asked to name a person I know, whom I think is the luckiest and the most blessed, Linda would top the list for sure. A doting mother of three, a wife to one of course and a friend to many, Linda also reigns the spot of being diligent in whatever she puts her mind to. I have always envied that trait in her as I have not a pinch neither a dash of that diligent ingredient. And a few nights ago I envied her even more, for possessing that secret ingredient, she managed to bring the whole entourage to the UK in pursuit of her Phd. They will be residents of New Castle for a good five years and apart from being green with envy, I am also all yellow with happiness for them as well as blue with sadness. She is that friend who all this while was just an sms away whenever I thought of something funny to say or that person a call away if I wanted to drop by for late supper. The point is, she has always been there, and I here.


Linda and husband Pak Nip all ready to set sail. Bon Voyage Linda! sob! sob! We will miss you guys so much. Rumah sapa I nak gi raya ni?

Flipping back the pages, I remember my times with her during our University years with a chuckle. We used to stay at the same hostel but in different rooms. But whenever I got scared or sick with asthma, I would drag my blue sleeping bag over to her place. Her roommate Ayu didn't seem to mind either. Their two single beds were pushed close together and I would, excuse me excuse me, snuggle myself in the middle. Many peaceful sleeps were charted there as I didn't have to wake up every other hour minding what was that noise I heard at the door or that lonesome footsteps along the corridor.

She has also been that adult figure I wished I could emulate someday. I haven't developed or become even half of her matured stature. I do blame all my childlike demeanor to the absence of my wisdom tooth. I haven't grown one yet you see, hence this persistent problem. Anyway, being the adult in this friendship, she brings me down to my senses most of the time. She was the person who got me started into this baking endeavour, asking me to explore my talents with the art of baking. To her I owe my thanks for the baker I am today.

In contrast, unlike me, Linda has taken the road that was there all along. The road pitched with signboards directing you to the paths of your related field. The road doesn't necessarily be free of troubles but once on it, you just need to cruise
through and maneuver around the bends and potholes. You do require gallons of patience which is essential to pull you through but in the end, insyallah you will get there. It is just a matter of time.

I was there once upon a time at that junction. Fiddling with my indecisiveness, I failed to stay on any of the constructed roads. Instead, I trotted unknowingly to the little opening in between. Signboards and maps were non existent, only my instinct became my compass. I hurdled through and tripped countless of times whilst sighing at the possibilities of the other roads "... having perhaps the better claim"(Robert Frost) I did heap a little sigh all the way but I knew I had to move on hoping to sight friendlier pastures on higher grounds. I am still climbing folks, scaling each step with much difficulties, leaving coloured pebbles behind in case I get lost. There will be times when I have to crawl, clamber and struggle just to see the light of day but as long I as continue to escalate, that is good enough for me.

Remember that little opening in between ? Well it has led me to this...

Thank You so much Nadia!

Many thanks to Natasya. Hope your little pet frog has turned into that handsome prince.;o)

I'm also gearing up for a totally different climb. I will tell you when I get there. And when I do, don't forget to ask me to jump. Coz all you could hear me screaming then is...

"...How high?"

13 treats:

domestic engineer said...

So Linda is the luckiest friend that you mentioned in the previous entry?? I didn't know you're in touch with her. She was my housemate when we did practicum in Banting. She was very lucky indeed!

Wiz said...

Ziela - No, the other entry was written with a completely different person in mind. Yang itu dah abis blajar dah. She is also lucky. I am surrounded with lucky people yea?

ADIEJIN said...

WIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...Slamat Raya ek..kalau balik Perhok, kem salam kat ur brother, the Bear.

Aidan's Mama & Papa said...

you know i think you're a gem!!!

DaNaSh said...

So Linda had finished her masters. I always met her during MUET meeting in Ipoh. She was teaching at Poli that time...we talked about P.C and Amy since their parents all stayed near her place and Hasliza too....Funny huh..your name never crop up...Not that you have been forgotten wiz...I lebih remember you jadi orang Melaka dari Ipoh Perak. I wonder why????

Wiz said...

Jinnnnnnnnnnnnn - You are as much as a bear as he is la, tapi different jenis kut. Satu gummie bear and yang satu lagi care bear ha ha ha.

Z - I know you know, that I don't know of what you know, I know. heeeeeeeeeeeeee

Danash - Maybe I'm not worth mentioning kut.

DaNaSh said...

awat cakap macam tu...sedih ka..sorry la..i never intended it to sound like that...sungguh...

Wiz said...

Danash - dok eh, tak sedey pown. Awat hang sebut lagu tu?

DaNaSh said...

Wiz, i nak balik Kedah esok dah..x sempat nak tunggu your pre raya entry...so kat sini I nak minta maap banyak2 dari hujung ke hujung...apa yang terkata,termakan, terguna, terambil dari 1990 hingga 2008 minta ampun and minta halal. Take care,safe driving, safe baking, safe cooking, safe rayaing...jumpa minggu depan noh....

Mimi said...

hi wiz.. frens around me also went around the world for work or studies, seriously, almost all my closefrens are abroad now.. but i'm still thankful for my folks n hubs n families n of course awisy..

tapi kadang2 bila tgk hp tu sure terasa rindu kan! suddenly xtau dh nak sms or chat ngan sapa..

neway, slamat hari raya n maaf zahir batin to u n family!

mak farhah said...

Selamat hari raya aidilfitri.
Maaf zahir Batin.
Jemput datang ke rumah
;)

uya ahmad said...

salam teacher...
SeLaMat aRi Raye..maaF zaHiR & BaTiN....
wahhh, what a joyful day on 1st of October which i couldnt celebrate it bcoz of having class in the morning...mummy,sedeyhnye....
so, which kampung u balik tahun ni teacher??melaka or perak???
huhu...

Natasha said...

my frog did turn into a handsome prince..
10q kak wiz ;)