CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 5, 2008

Father And Son


In my quest of searching New Zealand's best places of interest via the Internet, I stumbled upon a Malaysian blogger living in Auckland. Awkwardly being a stranger to this kind man, I asked him for his assistance in suggesting some of the venues he felt worth going. Graciously, Dee as he is known amongst his friends, tipped me off with an endless places to visit list, answered many of my silly questions and agreed to meet up during my stay there. That was 2 months ago.

From then on we became friends and recently he became my customer when he ordered a very special cake for his son who is staying with his sister in Puchong. He had the moon and the stars for this cake and if he could wish for the sun, he would line them all up in a row with the entire solar system as the background for his little guy. A wish like that sweeps you off easily and switches your maternal mode on. When that happens, you bake not just from your heart but with your heart. Baking and decorating the cake turned into a family affair for all of us. My son helped in choosing his favourite Ben 10 picture, my daughter had her hand in selecting the hotwheels and my husband helped me in locating the house in the hours before the break of fast. We wanted to surprise the little guy with a cake before buka puasa. But unfortunately we arrived a tad too late.

It's not the best looking cake you have ever seen folks but in assurance it was the sincerest of cakes I have ever made. And I do so hope they could taste the earnest of thoughts we had put inside amongst the many other ingredients. It was a cake from one family to another.

Thanks Dee for the order.

Durian cheesecake with chocolate fudge cupcakes

A song that I have always loved.
Father And Son - Ronan Keating

Father
It's not time to make a change,
Just relax, take it easy.
You're still young, that's your fault,
There's so much you have to know.
Find a girl, settle down,
If you want you can marry.
Look at me, I am old, but I'm happy.

I was once like you are now, and I know that it's not easy,
To be calm when you've found something going on.
But take your time, think a lot,
Why, think of everything you've got.
For you will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not.

Son
How can I try to explain, when I do he turns away again.
It's always been the same, same old story.
From the moment I could talk I was ordered to listen.
Now there's a way and I know that I have to go away.
I know I have to go.

Father
It's not time to make a change,
Just sit down, take it slowly.
You're still young, that's your fault,
There's so much you have to go through.
Find a girl, settle down,
if you want you can marry.
Look at me, I am old, but I'm happy.

Son
All the times that I cried, keeping all the things I knew inside,
It's hard, but it's harder to ignore it.
If they were right, I'd agree, but it's them They know not me.
Now there's a way and I know that I have to go away.
I know I have to go.

9 treats:

Imeirda said...

Wiz,
in every cakes you have baked n decorated has a story. Impressed with your creativity to fulfill and satisfy ur customers satisfaction. U've done agreat job translating their story n emotions into your cakes... they are lovely.

Iman n Ilham craved for your colorful bakery... esp that purple dino. Wish could have that for her 2nd buzzday last two months!

Wiz said...

Imeirda - Iman and Ilham can have all the Barneys they want when you guys return here. Just tell me when. Thanks for saying what you said, it gave me that immunity boost I am lacking now. Bad bad cold!

ms hart said...

Aaahhh...Ben 10!!! So up to date this cake fairy! So there IS Ben 10 in fairyland, yes? But I shall not let my hero find this page! Or I'll have to fly to your kitchen to beg for the Ben 10 cake now, now, noooowwww!!!!

Hope you are feeling better, my friend! Hugs (think you need one, eh?)

wiz said...

Hart- Yes need lots of that specialty of yours. My kids dah naik rimas dah of me smothering them, hu hu hu

DaNaSh said...

Wiz...i'm speechless..thumbs up.

siti said...

Salam wiz, never miss in aday sue singgah ke'rumah' wiz. every cakes have its own storey..luv yr creations and thoughts dear wiz.

suhasnah

Min said...

Hi Wiz,nice that we can make a lot of new friends thru this internet thing. Love the cake !

Wiz said...

Naza - Don't be, I prefer you being speechful.

Siti - You are always welcome here siti, whenever you feel the need to read "romancing the stone" stories from a hopelessly romantic fool like yours truly. I hope I don't bore you though.

Min - True, I'm glad to make friends with you here too!

Ahau - Dee said...

Hi Wiz,

What can I say? Thank you is just not enough to show my appreciation to you and your family.

Boleh tak I copy this posting & letakkan in my blog? Sebagai tanda kenangan :)

I just received email from my son sebab sms dia tak boleh bercerita panjang... he is still in cloud 9 and feel very touch with the gifts.

You tahu tak, you managed to 'terjemahkan' my love to him through your talent and creativity. Moreover, you baked the cake with your heart. Itu yang mahal tuh!

And my son can feel that. At the end of his email he promised me to study hard & bla bla bla ... as a father, what else can you expect from your son rather than his own self awareness? Betul tak?

Tak payah rotan atau berleter ... hantar cake dah cukup but ...ops! kena tempah dari Wiz :)

Please send my regards to your family.

God Bless

Dee