CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

For The Little Girl A Mother Loves So Much

Adorable Farhah posing amidst colourful tulips. Picture courtesy of Julia.

A loving mother once said to me,
If she had a wish, that would surely be,
to have the clouds cushion her little girl to sleep,
with the rainbow dreams for her to keep.

Her wish list goes on to the very detail,
the love of a mother not to see her precious fail,
in the simplest of steps she may lead tomorrow,
let me the mother, harbour all the sorrow.

A love so true that is beyond compare,
So unique and special, only a mother and a daughter share.
Hand in hand, in cheers and in tears,
the mother cast away her worries and her fears,
knowing the little girl she once held in her palm,
will one day too, grow up and be a mum.

Till that day comes, she'll savour every moment,
of spoiling her and let lessons be learnt,
that love of a mother will keep her company,
for today, for tomorrow and for eternity.


wiz


These cupcakes were ordered by Julia, the loving mother all the way from Moscow. Read all about her stories of bringing up the little Farhah in the land of caviar, KGB, hundreds of museums, and big fur hats,
here.

This poem is written for my daughter and also for all mothers and daughters out there. Julia, Mush, Kak Muna, this one is for you too.


Ps. Thanks Salina for introducing this song to me.

In My Daughters Eyes - Martina McBride
In my daughter's eyes I am a hero
I am strong and wise and I know no fear
But the truth is plain to see
She was sent to rescue me
I see who I wanna be
In my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes everyone is equal
Darkness turns to light and the
world is at peace
This miracle God gave to me gives me
strength when I am weak
I find reason to believe
In my daughter's eyes

And when she wraps her hand
around my finger
Oh it puts a smile in my heart
Everything becomes a little clearer
I realize what life is all about

It's hangin' on when your heart
has had enough
It's giving more when you feel like giving up
I've seen the light
It's in my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes I can see the future
A reflection of who I am and what will be
Though she'll grow and someday leave
Maybe raise a family
When I'm gone I hope you see how happy
she made me
For I'll be there
In my daughter's eyes

5 treats:

mº¿ºsh, brecht & nora said...

Dear Wiz
Thanks for this, it made me tear up cos right now Nora has the chicken pox and it breaks my heart to see her walking around looking like a strawberry. She's fine, laughing and her naughty self but i worry as any mother would do. I love the song, thanks Wiz, u r indeed a gem of a find!

Salina said...

Dear Wiz,

i have been extremely busy but i am still reading your blog but purposely did not want to leave any comments to give way to other readers.

Wiz my dearest friend - you are one of the greatest mothers that i've known and what i can sincerely say is that your kids are so blessed to have you as their mother.

stay strong my friend and i am always always there for you

Domestic Engineer In Da House... said...

Wiz, at last managed to hop in ur blog. Very interesting pics and exciting stories of the NZ trip! How long were you there actually? Really wish I could be there in the land of long white clouds...

Wiz said...

Mush - Thanks for dropping by. Glad you are touched by the poem and song. Hope Nora gets well soon.

Salina - I know you've been busy. You've got lots to do before the big move. Have a good rests in between your hectic schedule and whilst you are it, come visit me here. Thanks for the kindest of comments you often have tucked in here everytime.

Ziela - You made it here! Aaaw thanks. I was in NZ for about 8 days je. A trip well spent. Maybe you too can hop on one of those long white cloud and surf away!

Good Lookin said...

So sweet, that photo is adorable! Glad to know the baking has started again, can't wait to savor the cupcakes by web