CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Random Thoughts And Shots

Saying goodbye to the Land of The Long White Cloud.

When my sis and I planned for this New Zealand trip, we had wished for it to be complete and comprehensive in exposing and educating our children the many facets of the country we were about to visit. We worked hard to make the very best of our 8 days there, fulfilling our wish list of places to go, scenery to see, culture to understand, fruits to sample and adventures to experience. We have included possibly every aspect of New Zealand, from the hustle and bustle of Queen Street, the exciting movie set, the interesting cave exploration, the breathtaking lakes, the tingle of snow, the mighty waterfall, the extreme sports, the animal farm, the Maori village, the kiwi bird park, the white sandy beach, the cute gondolas, the heart-racing luge and the fruit picking farm.

In view of our restrained budget, we opted for the less pricey accommodation and self-cooked meals. Everything had to tie in nicely for every one's limited budget and that was an extreme sport in itself. If there is anyone out there who would like to arrange a trip such as this and money is an issue, I would suggest touring in a caravan. It was difficult for us to take on the idea since we had aging parents with us, and a caravan would not suit them comfortably. Nevertheless, we were very pleased with all the motels throughout our journey especially The Settlers Motel in Turangi, the motel that harboured us after an evening of snow. I guess it was a personal favourite for everybody simply for it being quaint and cozy in every corner we set our eyes on. There was an attic in each unit, big enough for 4 kids, or three adults to snuggle up, a huge trampoline for the kids to do somersault on, bouncing their hearts out, a small playground and a laundry room which provided free use of the washing machine.


The attic

Boink! Boink!

Before this New Zealand entry dot its last full stop, I would like to share some of my favourite shots, some taken by me and the rest by my brother and brother in law.

The one thousand of words for each picture are yours to conjure up.

They found sea-shells on the seashore

The Harbour Bridge


The forbidden fruit


"I'm walking away, from the troubles in my life, I'm walking away..."


The call of Subuh


"Smile yeop, nanti depa tau kita takut"


"Born free, as free as the wind blows..."


That lonesome tree


"We're sliding, we're sliding but still smiling..."

"I'm too sexy for my shades, too sexy for my seat belt..."

The End
Leaving On A Jet Plane - Aerosmith
e

2 treats:

Good Lookin said...

Very cute family, my favorite photograph is the first one, of the beach and the kids.

Akmal said...

Kak Whiz,
Haha, that 'Walking Away' picture memang style :)