CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Grand Finale

Love is in the air folks! Birds are chirping the love tunes, wedding kompangs are belting the wedding notes, people are eating the scrumptious lauk-pauks, kids are peeling the telur rebus, photographers are snapping contemporary Udei kinda shots and of course not forgetting, the cake decorators are making final touches to the edible wedding centrepiece. It has been a very hectic week for me, making sure everything falls into place at the right time. Classes to round up and marks to tally, decorative cake items to source out and buy, cakes cakes cakes to bake, decorate and deliver. Please don't think that I make thousands of cupcakes and orders come gushing in bulk,...I don't. I am more of a novelty cake decorator and I bake in small quantities concentrating on minute details. However, it is just as tiring as well as taxing, trust me.

So, last week was the last of my last cakes for the half year period. I will take that month long break to replenish, to rejuvenate and to renewsulgate(he he he feels like making up a new word) myself. I will resume in July insyallah with orders already coming in as I write this, blinking brightly at the bottom right corner of this computer. I owe many thanks to all of you who lay your trusts in a stranger like me in constructing your wedding cakes. A responsibility that simply weighs down heavily on my shoulders in which I take pride in every time. So to all who have ordered and who have instantaneously become friends of wiz, I would like to render my utmost appreciation and gratitude. The money earned from this small business of mine are well spent on the kids' needs and education. Here's praying every bite of wizcakes generates a halal income for my family. Thank You so so much.

Some pictures of the cakes I managed to decorate. My thank yous to Fais and family, DK the sweetest lady customer all the way from Brunei, and also Dini and Fiqah.





DK ordered four different themes for her daughter. I only put up two of them here though, didn't manage to capture any shots of the other two.

I will be away for the whole of next week folks! Yay! Hopefully, insyallah, when I return, I will be more creative, more refreshed and with more stories to blog myself here. The destination? It's where the hooligans play like gentlemen under those dreamy white endless clouds. Till then I leave you my sugar candy land home for you to binge on while I'm gone. Enjoy!

4 treats:

Ms eNVy said...

I am so amazed with your creativity! .. if only I live in your town .. life would be so great! .. for ME :) Anyways thanks for dropping by my blog .. don't mind if I link yours to mine ?

mº¿ºsh, brecht & nora said...

Dear Wiz, everytime u mention about taking a break, its music to my ears cos i am pleased that u are taking time off from one of your many 'careers' = - Enjoy the break, hope u will come back refreshed and rejuvenated! I shall miss u heheheheh Big hugs from your friend in belgium. Mush xxx

ADIEJIN said...

u are not a baker..u are actually an artist.

Wiz said...

Miss Envy - I didn't know a hoot about baking initially, I just figured it out all the way through. If I can do it, trust me anyone can. I guess I shall be seeing cakes in your blog soon.

Mush - Yes, this time I really took a break. Will tell you all about it later.

Jin - Can I like be both? Manyak sedey la if you dont recognize me as a baker. It means that my cakes taste lousy. Then I better stick to sculpting or modern art or something huuuu huuuu.