CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Baking In Stitches

A day after the surgery, I was back in the kitchen baking and decorating. I could only accept simple orders, ones that do not require much preparations of moulding flowers and cutting out shapes. I was also back in class, teaching, to the surprise of my students who had thought they would get a week off from my absence. Nieoww, nieoww nieoww class, your exams are drawing nearer, you'd thank me later for this, trust me.

Only muffs were on the baking list, which I love doing and these are some of them.
Thanks Anese, Lily, Wanie, Lynn, and Mil for the order!



Just yesterday, after feeling a little bit healthier than usual, I accepted the Barbie cake order from Anese. It wasn't an easy cake to do, proves to be difficult every single time. Draping the the fondant onto the cake and trying to make it look like a beautiful flowy gown is a teeth gritting task. The fondant tears easily, and cracks. I had to redo several times before accomplishing the final look. I am so slow at this. But in the end I was particularly pleased with the outcome. I had the "Enchanted" movie in mind when I constructed the cake. The big skirt, the overflowing flowers and the dancing shoes. It's a type of movie that would transport you to another realm of sweets and candies and butterflies and all the other friendly animals in the snow white forest, furry creatures which could fathom the voice of your heart. A movie I enjoyed thoroughly, with the kids, minus the husband. He would cry blood if he had to sit through this one, ha ha ha.

Thanks so much Anese for the order. You are such a sweet mother, one who would walk the extra mile, simply to please all her darlings.



Happy Working Song

All right everyone, time to tidy things up

Come my little friends
As we all sing a happy little working song
Merry little voices clear and strong
Come and roll your sleeves up
So that we can pitch in
Cleaning crud up in the kitchen
As we sing along

And you’ll trill a cheery tune in the tub
As we scrub a stubborn mildew stain
Lug a hairball from the shower drain
To the gay refrain
Of a happy working song

We’ll keep singing without fail
Otherwise we’d spoil it
Hosing down the garbage pail
And scrubbing up the toilet
Ooh!

How we all enjoy letting loose with a little
La-da-da-dum-dum
While we’re emptying the vacu-um
It’s such fun to hum
A happy working song
Oo-ooh
A happy working song

Oh, how strange a place to be
Till Edward comes for me
My heart is sighing
Still, as long as I am here
I guess a new experience
Could be worth trying
Hey! Keep drying!

You could do a lot when you got
Such a happy little tune to hum
While you’re sponging up the soapy scum
We adore each filthy chore
That we determine
So friends even though you’re vermin
We’re a happy working song

Singing as we fetch the detergent box
Or the smelly shirts and the stinky socks
Sing along
If you cannot sing then hum along
As we’re finishing our happy working song!

Ah...wasn’t this fun?

12 treats:

Little Flower Pot and Gifts said...

kak wiz!
rehatlah..jangan gi kitchen dulu!
*jeles tgk Barbie cake*
cantik sangatttt

Seafrost ~ Nina said...

You're back!!! Kinda miss you :) Well, glad that all went well & you're back baking (what?...after sugery terus buat all those? Supa woman betul ni...)...and I love Enchanted too! My hubby survived the movie *LOL*

Salina said...

I kind of miss your novelty cakes as cupcakes seem to dominate your orders! Love your barbie's gown and i could picture Gisselle dancing in that gown!

mº¿ºsh, brecht & nora said...

Wiz, remember eh please, u r not superwomen ok, u r only human thus u should rest more, why do u need to jump straight back into everything? Will the family not hv shelter over their heads or food on the table or clothes on their back if u stop just for a few days to rest???!!!Geez women health is wealth u know, pls take better care of your health Wiz, your kids & husband need u top be around for long. Try and get some off time Wiz, it will do u wonders, trust me! A few days pun jadilah. Big hugs, welcome back to blogsphere.

Wiz said...

Suzana - Thanks. Glad to be back. I have to start on your Indian bear order soon, ahhh time flies.

Nina - Miss seeing you here too! I'm not a superwoman or trying to be one. There are things that only YOU can do and no one else. I have to move on and continue. If I sit around resting, like they say idle mind is the devil's workshop, I don't want to be thinking a lot about the unnecessaries. Yes, Enchanted is so my kind of movie! You too?

Salina - Not many wish to have novelty cakes now. They prefer cupcakes. What can a baker do? Only to please with the best of cupcakes they have ever seen or taste, hope I have been doing that.

Mush - I am closing one eye right now and hiding under the table for fear of being scolded by the Headmistress.LOL

I'm alright Mush, thanks so much for your concern. I know you would be mad at me. I am only doing these to put extra food on the table, instead of just rice and eggs, there would be fried chicken and meat, extra trips to the malls for window shopping(not even buying) and that extra pocket money my daughter, somehow she is tired of home packed food, coz her friends don't do that. Of course, we would not starve if I rested for a few days, but there are things needed to be done especially at work as well as kids' Co curriculum uniforms to pay, their mid sem books to buy, their school excursion fees to settle. I'm trying Mush. But you know what, I know I could always run to you whenever I need that extra ears to share my woes. You'd be there wouldn't you?

khalil said...

Alhamdulillah... But time teacher kne operate tu.... mmg horror la..

Teacher, it's not that we dun want to attend ur class, tp c x caya je, lps opertion, teacher still ble dtg kelas... Klu saya, saya mnx cuti lama2... Hahaha

Mama Bliss said...

wow your bakes make me salivate... hope you are recovering well...

mº¿ºsh, brecht & nora said...

hai Wiz, U know i WILL always be here for u no matter how much i nag babe! Big hugs u made me cry, am glad i hv found u Wiz. I just finish my last buah asam candy that u send me sometime ago, i was thinking about u the whole time finishing that candy heheheh.

myheartbleeds said...

Hi Wiz,

Thanks for agreeing to make a 'handbag cake' for Maira. I am sure it will turn out lovely!!! can't wait!!!

elara said...

Setuju tu, Rehat lah! treat your self, go shopping at high street stores etc. You are now reaping the harvest of your bakery ways.

Anis Zainal-Pacleb said...

owh wiz! mush is absolutely rite u know... u tu bukannye superwoman... rest la a bit more... i am worried about u too coz u hv shrinked a lotttttttt compared to the day when i first met you in january.... an pastu with this surgery..... please..pleaseee..... take a very good care of yourself ok babe!

p/s: i hope areya wud be enchanted by the disney princesses and barbie too, so i can get the super duper efficient aunty wiz to do up these lovely characters kan?

Wiz said...

Khalil - I wasn't referring to you class. I love going to yours.

Mamabliss- Thanks so much, wait till you taste them!*wink*

Mush - more asam candies coming your way babe!

Myheartbleeds - Hope the cake I'm gonna do for you and Maira would somehow relieve the bleeding of your heart. Really really hope so. Maybe it would put a smile in it, insyallah.

Elara - still can't go on a shopping spree la elara. The cake money is all about the daily expenses, the expensive petrol now and the cake stuff material. For fondant cakes, the utensils to the colouring are mighty costly. Sometimes, lambat baru nak dapat balik untung. So have to preservere a lil bit more. But thanks so much for the thought. very sweet of you.

Anis - Thanks so much Anis. You are tookind. Yes, will start rolling up my sleeves now, to prepare for Areya's the little cheeky princess cake. Nantikan kemunculannya. But you need to think about your hsbd's first la makcik!