CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Springing Daisies

I have been a regular visitor of elara, mush, zaza, julia and kak muna's pages for quite some time now. Their lovely stories, exquisite recipes and lovely crafts welcome me every time I am there. They generously offer scenic pictures of the foreign land they call home and talk about the new experiences and discoveries which I wished I could have a taste of. It's fairly easy to be transported to their homes via telepathy of course, and I don't know why but I constantly find myself in their glorious gardens, sitting amidst all those spring flowers which are in bloom. Yes! it is Spring now, a time to inhale the scent of those beautiful flowers, feed the ducks, jump on the neighbour's trampoline(elara's neighbour has one) and just bury yourself in the daisy bush and sneeze yourself silly after. So to Elara, Mush, Zaza, Julia and Kak Muna, thanks for sharing a glimpse of your life there, a taste of your dishes and a note of your thoughts. I'm hooked.

To commemorate the arrival of Spring, I made the perfect flower for it. Another sweet and bubbly blogger Anis, requested a special cake for her mother's birthday. She didn't specifically ask me to have daisies on the cupcakes, only to have them in pastels. That allowed me more freedom to be creative, which I like very so much - thanks Anis. So here it is ...daisies oh daisies in spring.





Thanks a bunch of Daisies Anis!

Daisies

It is possible, I suppose that sometime
we will learn everything
there is to learn: what the world is, for example,
and what it means. I think this as I am crossing
from one field to another, in summer, and the
mockingbird is mocking me, as one who either
knows enough already or knows enough to be
perfectly content not knowing. Song being born
of quest he knows this: he must turn silent
were he suddenly assaulted with answers. Instead
oh hear his wild, caustic, tender warbling ceaselessly
unanswered. At my feet the white-petalled daisies display
the small suns of their center piece, their - if you don't
mind my saying so - their hearts. Of course
I could be wrong, perhaps their hearts are pale and
narrow and hidden in the roots. What do I know?
But this: it is heaven itself to take what is given,
to see what is plain; what the sun lights up willingly;
for example - I think this
as I reach down, not to pick but merely to touch -
the suitability of the field for the daisies, and the
daisies for the field.

Beautifully written by
Mary Olive



9 treats:

ADIEJIN said...

Wizzzzyyy..have to comment using my blogspot account. wizzy whizz whizz the whizzard of whizz.

Zulfadli said...

Salam wiz, i am yr ardent fan dear..all yr cakes give me an inspirations whenever i look at the picture and colors of yr creativity. Been waiting to learn from you..whizzard of whizz (pinjam dr kata2 adiejin. salam.suhasnah61@yahoo.com.sg

Wiz said...

Zulfadli - I am touched, really, to know I have a fan. I have been writing for myself thinking that I am the only reader, except for my kids and hsband and sis and a few cousins. The cakes are the expressions of my thoughts. If they are pastel and sweet, it means I am in good mood, he he he.
If I have gathered enough courage to teach, I'll let you know, alright? Thanks for dropping by. Appreciate it.

mº¿ºsh, brecht & nora said...

Dear Wiz, Thanks for the mentioned in your blog entry = ) I am glad i would provide u with a small glimpse into our humble lives here in Belgium. Kita sentiasa menunggu kedatangan mu Wiz hehehhe Bila hang nak sampai, mai lah, kita minum kopi, jalan2 amongst the daisies. Big hugsfor a productive week ahead my friend. Take care and dont forget to rest if u r too tired.

U.Lee said...

Heelo Wiz, your cakes are so beautiful! And I bet they really taste out of this world too as food or cakes when made with love always taste best.
You stay easy and have a nice day, Lee.

Salina said...

Dear Wiz,

A year ago you almost stopped blogging! You thought that you had very few readers and i was the only one who always gave silly and meaningless comments on your blog. But today almost every entry you have a new friend/fan leaving comment complimenting and admiring your work. If you believe in yourself Wiz you will definitely go far in life!

Sicerely wish you more success in the future and i love your daisy cupcakes! Bila pulak nak create daffodils ni?

Love
salina

elara said...

I agree with Salina, you can go very far in this hospitality business.

Anis Zainal-Pacleb said...

wiz dearie, thank you so much for the beautiful & delicious cuppies. My mom sampai sayang nak makan the cuppies..she said cantik sgt..... and thanks for the mention yeah....

owh! cake for hubby tu.. i m still thinking & contemplating la wiz..i hv a few ideas but let me betul2 fikir ok...

K.Nini said...

Hi,

I simply love your designs! How much do you charge for cupcake like the daisy pastel fondants?


XX