CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Not Quite A Winner Yet But Feels Like One!

This is the picture chosen as one of the 28 finalists of the Martha Cutest Cupcake Contest.

I don't think you have any idea how thrilled I am to find out that one of my two entries to the Martha Cupcake contest emerged as one of the 28 finalists! Even if I might not clinch the grand prize, ( the grand prize winner hasn't been announced yet) I am still blown away by this selection. There were thousands and thousands of entries by numerous famous cupcake makers all over the world as well as big names here from Malaysia, and to be nominated as one of the finalists suits me just fine. I wasn't the one who submitted the two pictures, in fact I wasn't even aware of the competition taking place at that time. My sister with a lot of time in her hands waiting for her baby to be born, chose only two pictures from my gallery and sent them. Honestly, I would have probably picked a different one, or I might have sent all the pictures, but I am thankful to her just the same. Thanks Da!

For someone who has never won anything in her life, except for lame lucky draws, this finalist cupcake Martha thingy, sure makes me feel like a winner. No prizes to enjoy, no trophies to display and no cash to spend for now, but you know what?, this is better than all that glitters, this is self esteem, self confidence(been lacking of these) which can't be bought or won elsewhere.

I think I am proud of myself now, for the first time.


Look here for the post.


Feel like singing this song now folks. It's a song I grew up listening to, every morning on my way to school. I remember it being played on the radio in our old Datsun car with my mum driving half of the time asking us to pinch her for fear she might fall asleep! *chuckles* Those were the times. Now, I may need someone to pinch me.*pinch me! pinch me!*



I am what I am
I am my own special creation.
So come take a look,
Give me the hook or the ovation.
It's my world that I want to take a little pride in,
My world, and it's not a place I have to hide in.
Life's not worth a damn,
'Til you can say, "Hey world, I am what I am."
I am what I am,
I don't want praise, I don't want pity.
I bang my own drum,
Some think it's noise, I think it's pretty.
And so what, if I love each feather and each spangle,
Why not try to see things from a diff'rent angle?
Your life is a sham 'til you can shout out loud
I am what I am!
I am what I am
And what I am needs no excuses.
I deal my own deck
Sometimes the ace, sometimes the deuces.
There's one life, and there's no return and no deposit;
One life, so it's time to open up your closet.
Life's not worth a damn 'til you can say,
"Hey world, I am what I am!"

13 treats:

Ummi said...

Yey *clap clap*.. I am happy for you. You have don't a great job. keep on stirring and baking..!!

Wiz said...

Thanks Ummi!!!! I am elated!

Akmal said...

Kak Whiz,
Waaah, Martha Stewart tu! Worldwide, you are among the top 26!
I am happy for you too kak :)
Sesame Streets rule!

Anis Zainal-Pacleb said...

wizzzzzz!!!! I am soooo happy for you and so proud and so excited and thrilled...

Congrats wiz.... u truly deserve to be among the finalist.... and I pray that u'll make it to the top of the list..... amin....

myheartbleeds said...

wiz! always thought you're a genius at this! ... and recognized by Martha Stewart??? wooowwweeee....

kc said...

way to go wiz! 28 finalists among the rest of the world? awesome!

wan said...

Congratsss kak wizz!! U mmg patut dapat :))

Wiz said...

Wiz to all - Thanks guys so so much. It's not a biggie la. Ada a few others yang dapat masuk the grand finals lagi. My cupcakes ni dah quite lapuk, wished I could send something newer. Nevertheless, it's still worth the shriek for me...so here goes *shriekingggggggg*

ms hart said...

Wiz, wiz, wiiiiiiiiz!!!! CONGRATS, proud of you!!! You deserve it!

Salina said...

You should be proud of your achievement and i believe that there will be more great news in the future for you! I am so proud of you Wiz!

AISHAH said...

sooo proud of u wiz....congrats!!!

Azirah Mat Yusop said...

whoww!!!
congrats teachers!!
so proud of u and i'm sure all ur students are proud of u too.
keep it up kayh!
btw, love the songs~

i am what i am...
lalala...
i dun want praise, i dun want pity...
lalalala...

Mazura said...

I guess this might be too late...but congratulations anyway, wiz...I am so proud of you.
Love from Lancaster,
Mazura Mastura Muhammad @ Dunn :)