CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Smoke Gets In My Eyes

When my cake announcement was put up a few weeks ago, I was mentally and physically ready for restful weeks ahead. Imagining myself clean from patches of flour, hands free of food colours, oil absent from my face, cake smoke gone from my chimney but the best operative sentence yearned would be "house back in order". On the contrary to my expectations and imaginations, the announcement served somehow as an effective advertisement of the cake pondok I am operating right from my house. As a result of my little add, more orders gushed in and as much as I wanted to decline and say no to, I simply succumbed to the eye blinkings and dopey cute please-ings from customers and friends.*but seriously, thanks guys* My oven was puffing up more smoke than ever before, I do pity the little fellow and suffice to say it baked its lungs out! I kept tapping myself with thoughts of the much awaited trip that I would be taking in June insyallah, and I could sure use that extra ringgit then...and so baking was all I did these past few weeks. Of course apart from the smoke in my eyes, there were also those classes which equivalently made my eyes as teary. Sometimes, these little size four feet of mine just refused to trudge to class and teach. It takes a whole lot from you, put energy aside, but it's more of you parting away with your not much left youth. I reckoned at the end of all this, I would look like a raisin, wrinkly and dried up but nevertheless sweet at the same time, he he he.

My thanks to all who ordered. And without further blabbering here's my weeks in baking. Take it away smoky (that's my oven singing)

Thanks Alia for the order!


Sha's order was very complicated with each cupcake adorned with different theme. There were significant dates and places and inanimate objects of importance in their relationship. I gave it my best shot to cater to her request simultaneously sticking to the blue and silver color theme of the hantaran. Thanks Sha!

Jaja's order for her good friends before she bade us farewell to leave for MRSM Trengganu. Thanks Kakyong!

Zizi ordered again! Thanks Zizi, so very sweet of you. All the best in welcoming the new baby!

Thanks Norish and Pek Mun Chew for the order.

I would also like to thank a few others, Anne, Rina and Shasha who have ordered but unfortunately their cakes were not captured in my camera as it went missing for a few days. I have a few more cakes to share with you but those deserve a special entry of their own.

12 treats:

ADIEJIN said...

wizzy, i so like the black bday cake. that would be my all time feverite ah..so cantik

Wiz said...

Well thank you bro. I wouldn't expect you to like all the other pastel rosy coloured cakes from my collection. Would be a clash on your personality, kan kan.

alia said...

OOps! Guilty as charged! I'm one of those who blinked their way in (knowing you would be too kind to reject us). Thousand apologies but discovered you at the wrong time la. So got to make up for lost time:) One more for this Sunday & I shall try my best not to disturb but ... 48 pair of eyes oohing & aahing at the beautiful cupcakes is just hard to resist. We have parties every 2 months (err..actually, just another excuse for Teacher Alia to satisfy her choc cravings) so macam mana la tak kacau you? My sons already planning what they're gonna order in Sept & Nov

Wiz said...

Alia - Special treatments and priorities are given to all teachers of my kids: They have limitless order membership cards which entitled them to ordering cakes all year round. ;0)

mamazieza said...

lamanya tak jenguk ke teratak wiz ni.. rindu laa pulak.. how r u wiz.. gumbira ngan kerja2 ekkk.. hehehe

Ammar bin Ahmad Faris said...

Dear Teacher,

Your words are trully like pearls in the oceans... thanks a lot for the compliments..you give me motivation, hope and confidence...

However, I don't think so that I shine the brightest as there are people there in ATU and also PPOU who are much much better than me....

I would really like to express my highest gratitude to you because, even though, you did not teach me, you treat me as one of your students.. I am really elated and I want to thank you for this...

And even with my absense in your class, I know that you are such a superb and amicable teacher, lecture, wife, and mother...

That's all, once again, thank you...

Wiz said...

Ammar dear,

When I said "you shine the brightest", I wasn't judging you by your exam results(even when I know you get 4 flat everytime) but more of your personality. There's this positive aura that you emit which draw people to you. That aura is transmitted through your confidence and friendliness. I like that in a person. Remember, it's more of EQ that will land you a good job rather than high IQ alone (an HR officer just told me this).

So, Ammar, whenever you need a dash of motivation, or a sprinkle of positive words or even a smack on the head for reality check, you know I am just a bloghop away. ;o)

ms hart said...

Wiz oh Wiz...that's what happen when one has deep passion in something...you just can't say no!

anasalwa said...

Wiz,
All those lovely cupcakes look so scrumptious. You are so talented.

Wiz said...

Hart - In this case passion ranks second. I need the money more hu hu hu

Ana - Hi! How are you. I havent been to your place for quite some time now. I havent been to anybody's place ever since the computer decided to break on me. Hope you have made more snow woman with the kids there. Make one for me, holding a cupcake, can ah?

Shari said...

thanx Wiz for doing my cupcakes so perfectly! Everyone was "afraid" to eat them; as it was too good-looking

Wiz said...

The pleasure was mine. Congratulations on your engagement.