CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 28, 2008

You're Not Listening to What I Say!

I was given the trust to handle two contrasting levels of English Proficiency classes. Level 1 - only speaks "yes, No, I don't know, maybe, a little bit, boy, girl, sometimes, I don't understand, again, Sorry - late, I go out now, homework, I don't like, I like, and Good. Level 3 - understands a little bit more than level 1 and has a wider range of vocabulary. Most of the words they use are extracted from the electronic computer dictionary and they end up with sentences like " I am a coward" when they meant "I am afraid". Easy everyday words would turn into ones only used by geeks who are out to impress a girl or maybe by Shakespeare. I have compiled simple words for them and made them memorize the spellings but to my dismay they didn't even bother. For example "chair would be spelt as "chir", "shoes" would come up as "cho". I conduct spelling tests on a regular basis, reading to them first of the correct pronunciations as well as the spellings. But somehow, the spellings always come out different on their test papers from what I shouted out.

You are not listening to what I say class!!!!!(gritting my teeth) I am fast becoming a teacher from hell for these guys.


The song I put up is one of my many favourites and my sis's too. This is for you da!

The Shoop Shoop Song
Does he love me I want to know
How can I tell if he loves me so
(Is it in his eyes)
Oh no, you'll be deceived
(Is it in his eyes)
Oh no he'll make believe
If you wanna know if he loves you so, it's in his kiss
(That's where it is)

Is it in his face
Oh no, that's just his charm
In his warm embrace
Oh no, that's just his arms
If you wanna know if he loves you so, it's in his kiss

Oh, Oh, Oh, hug him
Squeeze him tight
To find out what you want to know
If it's love, if it really is, it's there in his kiss
oh, oh, it's in his kiss

How 'bout the way acts
Oh no, that's not the way
You're not listening to all I say
If you wanna know if he loves you so, it's in his kiss
(That's where it is)
Oh , oh, it's in his kiss
(That's where it is)

Oh, Oh, Oh, hug him
Squeeze him tight
To find out what you want to know
If it's love, if it really is, it's there in his kiss

(How 'bout the way he acts)
Oh no, that's not the way
You're not listenin' to all I say
If you wanna know if he loves you so it's in his kiss
(That's where it is)
Oh, Oh, it's in his kiss
(That's where it is)
Oh yeah, it's in his kiss
(That's where it is)
Ooh, it's in his kiss
That's where it is
It's in his kiss
That's where it is
Ooh, it's in his kiss
Ooh, it's in his kiss
Oh, it's in the kiss


3 treats:

mº¿ºsh, brecht & nora said...

BbbwwWwwaaaaaAAAhhahahahahha kelakarnye Wiz, kalau i sit in your class and can see u in action, i would be on the floor laffing lah babe! But i know u will win them over soon enough Wiz, sabar bebanyak ok.... Ok i got to dash, made Nora stay home today cos she's unwell (again!!) Hugs!!

Zawi said...

wiz,
It is just the beginning. Soon they will be spelling the way they do it in SMS. Keep track of your hairs, you may be losing some soon. Ain't that gr8 ?

M A Janssen said...

That's a really sweet commitment from you Wiz. I can comprehend with the kids tho coz I think the last time I celebrated my birthday was when I was 6. After that, I entered school & there wasn't even a cake. Each year passed by & just good wishes that's all. A cake would have been nice, just us 4 to commemorate the annual day just for me, myself & I so I think you're doing wonders for those kids. You'll leave long-lasting memories in their minds believe me.