CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 20, 2008

If I Could Bring You The Garden of Eden...



When someone dearest to you whom you love so much falls gravely ill, you crumble at the thought of not meeting her again. Hopelessness permeates the air in Manchester where my friend was, and the idea of hopping on the next flight didn't seem so bad at all. However, my friend braved through her exams and completed her thesis first whilst praying hard for her opah to be there in person when she flies back to Taiping.

The moment she touched down on Malaysian soil she immediately called me.

Salina : Wiz, I'm here! I will be going back to Taiping as soon as I get my Visa and other papers settled.

Wiz
: Yey! Salina, you're back! So when are you coming here...bla bla bla ( I was terribly excited upon hearing her voice that I have totally forgotten that she was here for a purpose)

Salina: I won't have much time to go visiting but will try to go and see you. I called to ask you to make cakes for my grandma. I want you to do something beautiful, something that she could feast her eyes on. I want her to look at all things cantik before she goes. No more pantang for her, no point for that. I want her to eat whatever she fancies.

Wiz : Alright Salina. I will try to come up with something. Talk to you later k.

Taiping is also very close to my heart. My grandmother is also there and we spent half of our childhood in that old town. I recalled forcing our Pak Ngah to drive us to the Lake garden every evening which he gladly did and my cousin's struggle to catch a duck in the duck catching competition in the lake itself and not to mention those many hours trekking the Maxwell Hill with MakNgah in my effort to lose the flab around my tush. I could just write endlessly about Taiping but that deserves another entry.

The cake I made for Salina, encapsulates my feelings of Taiping Lake Garden. The composition was about the flowers and greens in white flower pots which aligned the streets around the lake. I wanted to do the big trees and the playgrounds and the monkeys and the lakes but who am I kidding folks? I am not that good.

I wish Salina and family would be strong during these times of sadness. My prayers for her Opah's health and well being.

They may just be cakes to some people but to me they are an extension of my best wishes, my warmest regards and most of all my Du'as.


Another tray ordered by Salina.

13 treats:

wan said...

Kak, cupcakes in pots, really a brilliant ideas, I love it, next project I'Allah.

Anis Zainal-Pacleb said...

wiz, it's gorgeous and truly refreshing...i so looooveeeee it... but then again, who doesn't when it comes to ur lovely lovely creations.... cam geram dah ni.. Salina, if u happened to read this comment.. my prayers for ur dear opah n be strong yeah!

Effa Mas said...

I must say i look forward to your blog every chance i get Wiz. I love your words, your thoughts, your pics n most definitely your cakes. They are the neatest ive seen. You do have an amazing patience. The cakes say so.

You go girl!

Wiz said...

It's the "patience tree" that I grow at the back of my house Mas. It started growing with the seeds I carelessly threw 7 years ago. It's been growing and growing slowly but surely. I never knew I had that tree until I saw it peeking in, sometime back. I must have done something right to cultivate this patience of mine. Thanks for dropping by and compliments coming from an eloquent writer like you isn't just a compliment but a total boost of another kind.

mº¿ºsh, brecht & nora said...

Cakes looks absolutely amazing as always Wiz, if u talk to Salina again, say i am thinking of her and that we are praying that her Opah will be happy during the last days/weeks/months.... Hugs to u Wiz! Gtg, got to perah my brain for exams tomorrow, wish i could hv one of your cupcakes to make me feel a whole lot better.

rinnchan said...

***Be strong Salina...
Wiz, I was in Taiping 82-83 schooling at Seratas Boarding. At that time was known as Sek Sains Taiping. How could I ever forget..the lake, the huge trees around it, the monkeys that used to intrude into our hostel premise, the maxwell hills, the waterfall..Aaahhhh....BTW, was the basket edible as well?? Really a sweet creation...

Wiz said...

Rinn - Thanks for the visit. Bestkan Tepen, I used to frequent Burmese pool, not sure if you've heard of that. Anyway, if the basket/flower pot was edible, you would be in the Ripley's Believe it or not show!!he he he

mamazieza said...

Ooo Salina dah ada kat Malaysia ya.. kem salam kat Salina ekk Wiz...

ms hart said...

Wiz....yea yea you are back on track? Found your rythm? Whatever, as usual, I love your words...my, they are so simple yet so clear and at the same time, sounds so sincere. I love all yr poems...and of course, I love aaaaaaaaalllllll yr cake creations!! Keep going dear Wiz!!

Kak Elle said...

wiz nak sikit that lovely cupcakes as usual.

btw I'll be in KL CNY staying at the Ritz.

kc said...

she must love her grandma so much. and yr cupcakes look lovely too. i must say the pictures look even lovelier...like something pasted from coffeetable book!

if u do decide to return to teaching let it be - teach people to deco cakes/cupcakes like u do (smile)

rinnchan said...

Ohhh yess.....Burmese Pool !!!
Lupa pulak dah tue-tue niii..heh heh heh..

Little Flower Pot and Gifts said...

hai!
the cuppies are really nice!
ur flower creations are all nice!
seriously! love them :)