CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The First Cake of The Year

New day, new year,
new cake, new cheer,
old self, old hand,
old cloth, old stand.
New faith, new vision,
new stake, new mission!
Old this, new that,
old recipes, new pack!
New look, new perspectives,
A sweet treat as alwiz!



The first cake for this year was ordered by a doting mother Anis for her Lil Areya who has just turned one!
Happy Birthday Areya!
You can read Anis's new adventures as she takes on her new role as a new SAHM(stay at home mum)here.

Thank you Anis for the order. I do hope the bear looks like Brannan. I was trying very hard not to make it look like an Ewok! he he he.

5 treats:

Salina said...

Dear Wiz,

I read the comments that you and other SAH Mums' wrote in response to Anis' decision to quit working. Well there are many educated malaysian women who have joined the bandwagon. My hats off to all of you.Even in the UK i have a lot of Malaysian friends who used to hold important positions in the corporate world (now married to kwailos)have become SAHM. And they are contented with their lives too. However, not every woman is able to do that and i am sure that they are envious of you guys for a lot of reasons. Life is not that simple! You don't get everything that you want! I've got a friend who really wants to quit her work as she wants to spend time with her five children. However,what stops her is her abusive unreliable husband. I don't know why she is still married to that jerk! Even my hubby is not supportive enough when i told her that i only plan to work from home the moment we get our first baby. I want to work from home just like you continuing my research and produce materials at my own pace. Like many hard working women who have excellent work record, i slaved myself to work because i love my work so much but despise the office politics. 2006-2007 is a blissful year for me despite the pressures of doing well in my studies. I really needed the break and ever more convince now that i should work from home once i emigrate to down under. I am praying that my hubby will get to work with a good company that pays him well which is not impossible since civil engineering is one of the most critical area there. So wiz pray for me that i will get my wish but i don't think i am able to be SAHM that soon.

mº¿ºsh, brecht & nora said...

dearest wiz, that bears looks too cuddly to be eaten! = ) i would keep it by my bedside heheheh congrats to your 1st cake for 2008 and i am sure there will be many zillion or make that gazillion cakes to come.... Hugs xx laters babe!

Anis Zainal-Pacleb said...

wiz, thanks for the lovely cake and as I told u yesterday areya seems to know her fav. bear.... and mush is absolutely rite... sayang nak makan cake tu... guess what? we have yet to makan the cake as areya decided to celebrate her bday on the exact date (which is today) not one day early, so, smlm immediately after her dinner and bath (around 7pm), she crawled to her bed and slept on her own and didn't wake up until 7am this morning..... heheee....

Wiz said...

Salina- You are always in my prayers.

Mush - Thanks Mush. I hope so too.

Anis - Thanks Anis! I am so happy Areya recognized the bear. And so good girl of her to sleep on her own, dah 1 year old la katakan, big girl already! But she will always stay a baby to you forever and ever, your baby girl.

rinnchan said...

Very much looked like eldest's "BeeChan"... heh heh heh..