CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 24, 2007

A Special Cake For Mum

Specially for Madam Lu Jun Nan on her 70th Birthday!


Mum

For a mum who loves gardening,
Making sure the garden in full bloom,
She is someone to talk to when she's sewing,
whenever we are in clouds of gloom.

unfinished Poem by wiz


Now let's leave the poems to the professionals. Here's one from Joanna Fuchs

Super Mom

Mom, you're a wonderful mother,
So gentle, yet so strong.
The many ways you show you care
Always make me feel I belong.

You're patient when I'm foolish;
You give guidance when I ask;
It seems you can do most anything;
You're the master of every task.

You're a dependable source of comfort;
You're my cushion when I fall.
You help in times of trouble;
You support me whenever I call.

I love you more than I can express;
You have my total respect.
If I had my choice of mothers,
You'd be the one I'd select!

By Joanna Fuchs


Thanks so much Stephanie!!

11 treats:

Salina said...

It's so sweet of her to celebrate her mum's 70th birthday Wiz and her mum will be more than pleased to see the beautiful cake from your novelty line.

Wish that more of your customers will order novelty cakes in the future. Just love to see the creativity that you poured in your creation! keep up the good work Wiz!

Wiz said...

Yes, she's a sweet lady. Her mother likes mahjong, gardening and sewing, it's all three in one cake. Really hope she likes it. You know what was the most difficult part of doing the cake? Sourcing for the gold chocolate coins. I was all over town yesterday and they were none. In the end out of fatigue, I stopped at this small Indian grocery store, and there it was right there on the counter! Felt like kissing the cashier. He said the coins just arrived yesterday after months of absence. Alhamdulillah kan Salina.

Salina said...

I broke into a frenzy of laughter when you said that you felt like kissing the indian grocer! i could fathom your feeling of relief when you found them! Yes, wiz allah has blessed your efforts to give the best to your customer and probably for the daughter and mother too for their pure unconditional love!

mamazieza said...

hehehe... nak gak mama tengok wiz buat gitu.. muahahaha.. mau terkejut beruk that indian grocer..

btw.. i luv your unfinished poem...ngeh.. ngeh.. ngeh..

Kak Elle said...

wow u r so creative ... suka tengok decor2 yg ada kat sini .Can I link you?tak dapat merasa nya pun ok asal dapat tengok...haha

Wiz said...

Mama I can't imagine it myself, but it was an overwhelming feeling to jumpa the coins there!

Kak Elle - You don't need permission to link me kak Elle, the honour would be mine!

Akmal said...

Sweet...I remember my mum. What is she doing at home right now eh? Gotta ring her.

Kak Elle said...

wiz...

you can get those gold coin chocs from Mark & Spencers stores... they come in diff sizes in one pack but a bit ex lah.

kc said...

that is one lovely cake for a mom! besides envying women who dont seem to put on weight i also envy women who can decorate cakes such as this. wow!

jari jemari ku kaku belaka...ahaks!

Wiz said...

Akmal - I'm glad the cake has reminded you of your mum. Go call her up.

Kak Elle - Will check out Mark and Spencer's store when i run out of those coins, thanks for the info, appreciate it.

Kc - What gave you the idea that I don't put on weight? I easily do, but so far the leg lifts have been helpful, not kidding!

Aidan's Mama & Papa said...

thats a lovely mahjong birthday cake wiz! sooo creative of you! those coins are easier to find during chinese new year kan?

Z