CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 26, 2007

Put Your Records On

My days are now filled with flowers, sweet blooming flowers of roses, cherry blossoms, daisies and lilies. The sweetness of them all doesn't only stick to the fingers of my hands but also at the working area on my kitchen counter. I have been appeasing colonies of different types of ants now for leaving trails of sugar crystals behind. They have been behaving thus far, and I intend to just leave them alone in their quest of pleasing their queen, as long as they do not come in my way. I do keep my flowers on an island surrounded with water and later when they are totally dried up, in the airtight container they go.

We are almost in December people! The month of long school holidays, Christmas and New Year celebrations. More significantly, it's the month of endless weddings to attend and wedding cakes to construct. So, if you don't see me much around here, ask the ants, they will lead you right to me.

Till I see you again, enjoy the song!

Put Your Records On
Corrine Bailey Ray


Three little birds, sat on my window.
And they told me I don't need to worry.
Summer came like cinnamon
So sweet,
Little girls double-dutch on the concrete.

Maybe sometimes, we've got it wrong, but it's alright
The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same
Oh, don't you hesitate.

Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite song
You go ahead, let your hair down
Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams,
Just go ahead, let your hair down.

You're gonna find yourself somewhere, somehow.

Blue as the sky, sunburnt and lonely,
Sipping tea in the bar by the roadside,
(just relax, just relax)
Don't you let those other boys fool you,
Got to love that afro hair do.

Maybe sometimes, we feel afraid, but it's alright
The more you stay the same, the more they seem to change.
Don't you think it's strange?

Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite song
You go ahead, let your hair down
Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams,
Just go ahead, let your hair down.

You're gonna find yourself somewhere, somehow.

'Twas more than I could take, pity for pity's sake
Some nights kept me awake, I thought that I was stronger
When you gonna realise, that you don't even have to try any longer?
Do what you want to.

Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite song
You go ahead, let your hair down
Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams,
Just go ahead, let your hair down.

Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite song
You go ahead, let your hair down
Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams,
Just go ahead, let your hair down.

Oh, you're gonna find yourself somewhere, somehow


5 treats:

Zawi said...

Wiz,
Thanks to the ants for leading me to you again.
I think gardening and bakery can go together very well. Gardening can alleviate any stress with your other job.
Why not decorate your cakes with real flowers one of this days? Afterall an orchid bloom can outlast your cake in shelf life anytime. However beautiful the cake you make it would be consumed within the day anyway. Try it and lets see whether they like it.

Wiz said...

Pak Zawi,

I would love to decorate the cakes with real flowers but no one has ever asked me to. They always request for sugar flowers. I would be more than happy to use real flowers, less job for me, ha ha ha. Thanks to the ants for luring you here, sweet of them. Catcha later!

Akmal said...

Kak Wiz,
For some reason, ants at my place are pretty annoying. I wonder how you can cope(",).
But then again, that is just how it is eh? They look for food to survive. Diorang pun nak hidup jugak kot(",).
You do gardening? I bet you have a blissful view at your backyard eh?
Good day, and happy baking(",).

mº¿ºsh, brecht & nora said...

good luck with December, everyone's seems to be so busy in december! even my B = ( well, do say hi once in awhile ok! Hugs xx bye bye am off into the cold and learn Dutch = )

Aidan's Mama & Papa said...

love corrine! december for me means dull, bitterly cold winter, lots of anniversaries and more and more cards to finish!

happy baking wiz! will catch you on YM!

Z