CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 13, 2007

On the First Day of Puasa

I was berkobar-kobar today on the first day of puasa, unlike the past years. I had planned the first day of breaking fast to be an all home cooked affair. I managed to dissuade my husband from going to the pasar ramadhan and knocking himself silly with the endless galore of all his favourite kuehs. I specifically instructed him to just come back home to berbuka with whatever I have prepared. And knowing my husband, that instruction wasn't an easy one, trust me. He would normally sweep the whole pasar ramadhan single-handedly without breaking a sweat when it comes to buying kuehs. But today, he came back empty handed, knackered but pleased when he saw his favourite kueh on the table. Yes I made his Red Bean Pau!(will post the recipe later) Yey! I was so proud of myself when he had only compliments for the red bean pau *mestila kan, sapa lagi nak puji*. It makes all the slaving in the kitchen worthwhile. I also managed to prepare 4 dishes, spinach, sambal tempe, labu masak lemak and papedum. I have no idea what to cook tomorrow, maybe I would let my husband knock himself out at the pasar ramadhan and make him a happy little boy!

5 treats:

Salina said...

wow wiz those i would describe as sumptuous meals. You are quite good at malay cooking too! can i have your sambal and masak lemak recipes?

Salina said...

I love your plates and the dishes definitely look appetising. You are quite good at malay cooking too ..boleh bagi resipi masak lemak and the sambal too?

Wiz said...

Apal lawanya Salina, they are all mismatched! You know me. The masak lemak, gosh so easy, thats why I know how to do it haha. Ok, you need to find yourself a small pumpkin, potong kulit and cut the isi into small pieces. Now go find santan, if you dont have it try to find evaporated milk santan flavour. Ada jual kat overseas tau. Now slice two butir of bawang merah and sebiji cili merah dipotong serong and take a fistful of ikan bilis. Take a small pot of water and boil them puting the shallots ikan bilis and labu tadi. Boil sampai labu tu dah lembut sikit. Then pour in the thick santan(depends on how creamy you want it) and then the chillie. Salt and pepper to taste. If you have daun kunyit masukkan skali. Dah!

For the tempe, slice nipis2 and gaul dgn garam and kunyit and goreng sampai garing. Afterthat, gorng ikan bilis till garing. put aside. Now slice 3 butir of shallots and tumiskan sampai wangi, then take 2 tablespoon of chilie paste or chillie boh and goreng with the bawang tadi sampai naik minyak. I put in a tablespoon of tomato sauce also. Then take like 2 tablespoon of sugar and goreng lagi. After everything is well mixed, you can now put the tempe and the ikan bilis inside, kalau ada kacang goreng pun, letak jugak. Gaul rata. Bon Apetit!

mº¿ºsh, brecht & nora said...

Hi Wiz, Sedap nye the dishes looked!! Kalau dekat che pi rumah you, buka puasa = ) Congrats on making everything yourself and was glad it was being very much appreciated = ) U deserve it!

Wiz said...

I'm sending it to you Mush telephatically aummmmm. Did you get it?