CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Hush, Little Baby...



There are countless of reasons to cry, to release streams and streams of tears to flow down your cheeks. It's all too natural when you feel deeply about something, be it in happy times, in grief or even in anger. I cry at weddings, at graduation ceremonies, at the movies, at home watching sappy stories, in the kitchen slicing the onions, in my dreams, in my prayers, well come to think of it, I cry all the time. But yesterday, I cried the hardest, and I was sure that I was not the only one that wept. The whole nation did, regardless of age and race.

Malaysian households were grief-stricken when news confirmed that the frail body found in a gym bag was of Nurin Jazlin's. We had followed the story of her disappearance from day one and had often offered prayers for her safety. It was all we could offer, and I guess that did not suffice. There must have been something more that we could have done, to avoid this wretched ordeal. There should be a way, there must be a way to make this world a better and safer place to live and play in for the kids. I couldn't help but discuss with my better half of how the society has gone cold and indifferent towards each other. Times have changed so much and we seemed to care less about other people except ourselves. We have become very individualistic, selfish people, in contrast of the times when I used to grow up back in the early eighties. Neighbours not only knew each other but treated each other's children like their own. I remembered when I had a severe asthma attack and my mum was still at work, all the aunties and makciks nearby came to my aid. Massaged me, made warm drinks for me, waited with me till my parents reached home. We never treated them like neighbours, but more like relatives. It's still the same in Pekan Razaki, my hometown, a scenario that is difficult to emulate here in KL.

It's not too late people to be more caring towards each other, more responsible of our own neighbourhood and surroundings. If we look out for one another and be in touch with the needs of our society, we could if not totally prevent, lessen the crime rates at our residential areas. If we ever need to change the state of our neighbourhood, now is the time!

My family and I would like to express our deepest condolences to Nurin's family and pray that they be strong and patient in hurdling these tough times. Nurin has been put to rest and it's comforting to know that she is in a happier place now. Insyallah, she will wait for her parents and siblings at the door of Jannah, happy to be reunited with her loved ones again. Al Fatihah.

Hush, Little Nurin cry no more...

2 treats:

rinnchan said...

Al-fatihah buat arwah adik Nurin Jazlin....

mamazieza said...

Al-Fatihah... Hanya Allah yang Maha Mengetahui betapa tanggungan sakitnya adik Nurin semasa hayatnya selama sebulan di tangan si pembunuh... Semuga Allah Menempatkan beliau dikalangan orang-orang yang disayangi... Amin...

Setiap kali membaca kes-kes sebegini, mama akan terbayang anak-anak kita.. mampukah kita berada bersama mereka 24 jam... apakah kita boleh sentiasa melindungi mereka dari dunia yang kini menjadi semakin kejam.. semakin ganas...

Ya Allah! Hanya pada Mu kami berserah dan hanya pada Mu kami meminta. Amin.