CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 4, 2007

A Taste of Health



My son's health was restored and so was his appetite, alhamdulillah. I just wanted to bake something simple for him, something that everybody likes and I planned to sedekah some away to the neighbours too. I found a great food blog by JinHooi and her butter cake was calling out for me to try. I love my butter cake light and moist not dense and from the picture the cake's texture resembles the kind that I love. I followed her recipe exactly, with just the inclusion of chocolate shavings in the batter. Thanks Jin Hooi.

Butter Cake
Source JinHooi

Ingredients
250 gm butter
200 gm caster sugar
6 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
300 gm self-raising flour (sifted)
½ to 3/4 cup of evaporated milk
1 cup of chocolate shavings

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
2. Beat the butter with the caster sugar until white and fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time and mix well. Then add is vanilla essence and evaporated milk and mix well.
3. Lastly fold in sifted flour into the butter mixture and mix well. Pour into a greased and lined cake tray and bake for about an hour.

Verdict: I found the recipe a lil bit too eggy, and next time I would put 3/4 cup of evaporated milk instead of just half a cup. But everybody loved them anyways.

2 treats:

Lao Cha - JHL said...

*clap clap* :)) Looks even better than any butter cake I've had.well done, wiz!!!! hmmm.. can you post some to me, there look so yummy !!

Wiz said...

Telepathically I have. Did you get them?