CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Baking Love Out Of Nothing At All


I must confess that I haven't been a very good mother lately. I was overwhelmed with Sesame Street cupcake orders which left me with very limited cooking time. The past week only had the children feeding on all types of Nasi Gorengs. Monday was Nasi Goreng telur day, Tuesday was Nasi Goreng Ikan Bilis, Wednesday was Nasi Goreng Ayam, Thursday was Nasi Goreng Sayur(they hated this the most) and yesterday was Nasi Goreng Telur again for lunch and the express Pizza for dinner. They have never complained or protested when Nasi Goreng was all I had to offer, in fact they loved it. They are an easy bunch of kids to please, and knowing that fact, I have probably taken advantage of it more often than I should.

The long week finally came to an end when all the cake orders of the Sesame Street cupcakes, the Manchester United Cake(will post the pics later), and the standard chocolate cakes have all been delivered. I couldn't rest yet though, I still needed to bake something as an offering to my children(sounds like I have to appease a volcano here) for being understanding and sweet all week long. I wanted to bake some chocolate chip cookies that they have been asking for a long time now, but unfortunately I didn't have much to work with. I ran out of the most important ingredient, butter/margarine. Nevertheless, I believe strongly that if you have this true and sincere intentions, things would work their ways for you. You just have to keep believing in the outcome of seeing those heart warming smiles on your children's faces. So this is what I did with only a handful of ingredients...


Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: All Recipe

INGREDIENTS
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract( I didn't put any)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Stir together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the vegetable oil, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and almond extracts. Blend in the dry ingredients, then fold in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

I made a batch of double chocolate chip cookies by adding two Tablespoon of cocoa powder to the existing dough and it came out great too.

It doesn't really take much to make the most important people in your world happy. All it took for me was a few cups of flour and a cup of chips and whole lotta love. Now, that I have appeased the volcanoes, I can take that deserving rest. Well people, til the next volcano offering ritual...

0 treats: